Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Chigo, no, they kept the dated and timed paper as well as the stapled packet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Chigo, no, they kept the dated and timed paper as well as the stapled packet.
    Kept it were?

Forum Member

Do I need to draw you a picture of the Medical office inside Presidential Towers so you'll understand?
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

Do I need to draw you a picture of the Medical office inside Presidential Towers so you'll understand?
    Could you that would be great

Forum Member

Have a good night chigo.

Forum Member

Hey bilyboy,

I'm still waiting for BI.

I passed the January 2010 PAT and paid for CPAT....which I completed in the middle of June right after the second orientation. Getting a little nervous....

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I am still waiting on BI to call anyone else still waiting on this board or is it just me at the point.

Forum Member

hey waiting and bilyboy,

I'm still waiting BI. CPAT on my own, live in the burbs, veteran. Called Ms. Hammond and again she was "surprised" that I wasn't called yet. She also told me she had no idea what order BI was go going on when calling. Good luck guys, hope to hear something soon. You guys live in burbs by any chance? For some reason I think most guys being called are city residents.

Forum Member

Hey CFDhopeful,

I live in the city, but I'm not a vet. I was wondering if there's an order to the BI calls. I guess not. Let's stay positive. Hopefully, we'll get our calls soon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Billy did you complete CPAT through city or on your own?
    I went through the city and it is killing me because I had signed up to do it on my own and then hurt myself at work and had to wait for my foot to heal until I could take the cpat. I ended up getting it done on aug 2. A friend of mine got his done the day after me and was called last week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Just heard a rumor that the class may be pushed back to December 1st. Booooooo!!!!

DEC 1ST is a sunday ... I seriously hope not

Forum Member

jetguy81;1385431]Any word or mention of them calling people about there medicals? Did mine 3 weeks ago (9/12)and no word. I know there's 13 others that did medical same week. Hoping no word is a good thingC

Just going back and assuming that they started the medical process on sept 12 (about 20 people per class , it has been 5 weeks - 100 people. Someone said that last weeks class was about 40 people and their is another class scheduled today that should bring the total to 160?) Maybe they overscheduled because somewould have questions on their medical.

JMH
    Forum Member

They absolutely are scheduling more then they need to fill the class. They have to figure in people not passing and other things that might come up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    You pick your medical date based on the time you sign in at the front desk. In other words if you are the first person signed in, you get the first pick. The dates were spread over 2 weeks a broken up by half hour time slots.
    The location for the medical is Presidential Towers.
    so your medical dates were two weeks apart? When we went on a thursday our medical appts were for the next day Friday, monday, tuesday and thursday. Where you part of the group that had the 40 +
    people? Then that would make sense.

Forum Member

Yes he was part of the 44 person group that went in last Thursday. They had 9 dates on the board for medical Mon-Thur this week and Mon-Fri next week and each date had 5 or 6 times from 7am-12:30pm. We selected dates based on the time we arrived and signed in.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    so your medical dates were two weeks apart? When we went on a thursday our medical appts were for the next day Friday, monday, tuesday and thursday. Where you part of the group that had the 40 +
    people? Then that would make sense.
    I was part of the 40. Because of the size of the group, they had 2 weeks worth of medical times to choose from. They started the following week on Monday. I took mine first thing Monday.

Forum Member

jetguy81;1385431]Any word or mention of them calling people about there medicals? Did mine 3 weeks ago (9/12)and no word. I know there's 13 others that did medical same week. Hoping no word is a good thingC

Just going back and assuming that they started the medical process on sept 12 (about 20 people per class , it has been 5 weeks - 100 people. Someone said that last weeks class was about 40 people and their is another class scheduled today that should bring the total to 160?) Maybe they overscheduled because somewould have questions on their medical.
    The way Ms. Hammond made it sound, with last weeks group we were up to 135 for the class. The other 15 were crossovers bringing the total to 150. I dont know how many they figured would not pass medical.

Forum Member

Hey, I had a missed call from CFD Personnel office about 30 minutes ago. She told me to call back as soon as possible. I tried calling, but of course no answer. A little nervous. Anyone else get a call today??? Anyone know why they called???

Forum Member

DEC 1ST is a sunday ... I seriously hope not
    I'm sure todays group will clarify.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    Hey, I had a missed call from CFD Personnel office about 30 minutes ago. She told me to call back as soon as possible. I tried calling, but of course no answer. A little nervous. Anyone else get a call today??? Anyone know why they called???
    Well, you had your medical exam on 9/13 so it's most likely to come in for FP. I doubt they would call you a month later with medical issues.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I'm sure todays group will clarify.
    I totally hope my source was wrong. Just passing on what I heard. Didn't even think to look it up. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    Well, you had your medical exam on 9/13 so it's most likely to come in for FP. I doubt they would call you a month later with medical issues.
    I know for a fact the medical does not take a month to get back to CFD for review. Ms. Hammond said 7 days at the most. From what I was told 4 days is the norm. And if it was anything major they call within 24 hours. At least that is what I was told by people at the medical place.

Forum Member

Lol hello everyone, any news from today?

Forum Member

They're calling to schedule commissary times..

Forum Member

^A commissary is someone delegated by a superior to execute a duty or an office; in a formal, legal context, one who has received power from a legitimate superior authority to pass judgment in a certain cause or to take information concerning it.

Forum Member

They're calling to schedule commissary times..
    Did you get a comissary date Bode? I know they are rushing to make the November date. At the very least you get uniform. Lol
    ffemt_applicant likes this.

Thread Information