Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

everything went well today. met dalsh, 2ndgen, alex_v. there were like 13-14 guys total.

obviously we took **** test first. only one person administering, so it took over an hour.

the time slots were from oct. 24th - nov. 1st. ms. hammond said something like 125-150 have been through to this point so far including us, so it looks like we're in for november too (considering not everyone who takes the medical will pass, residency requirements, etc.). i felt like we had a really good question and answer session after the signup.

hell, we even had donuts.

Forum Member

Just got called to report to commissary monday to get fitted for uniforms. I'm super excited, hoping things continue to go smoothly and hopefully final processing soon and we get in Nov.18 watch your phone's!
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    everything went well today. met dalsh, 2ndgen, alex_v. there were like 13-14 guys total.

obviously we took **** test first. only one person administering, so it took over an hour.

the time slots were from oct. 24th - nov. 1st. ms. hammond said something like 125-150 have been through to this point so far including us, so it looks like we're in for november too (considering not everyone who takes the medical will pass, residency requirements, etc.). i felt like we had a really good question and answer session after the signup.

hell, we even had donuts.
    WTF we didn't get donuts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    WTF we didn't get donuts.
    another applicant brought them as a gift to personnel and they weren't allowed to accept, so there was a box of donuts for us.

Forum Member

I have been having issues with the site all day. Today went smoothly I counted 18 of us, 2 women. I'm scheduled for medical next Thursday, which was the first available day and yes, Ms. Hammond said she believes about 125-150 are now scheduled for medical up through today. Another guy there today said he talked to Ms. Hammond yesterday and she asked if he could come in today or next Thursday and he said he could make it today and she said good, b/c by next week you might be held out of November class.
    ffemt_applicant likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Just got called to report to commissary monday to get fitted for uniforms. I'm super excited, hoping things continue to go smoothly and hopefully final processing soon and we get in Nov.18 watch your phone's!
    Congrats! Looks like things are legit this time.

Forum Member

Last name starts with L, took the CPAT the through the city, BI came to my house last Saturday.

The investigator said it still looks like they're processing for the November class. Waiting for the call to schedule for medical.

Forum Member

When was your medical?

Forum Member

My medical was the wk of 9/23

Forum Member

My medical was the wk of 9/23
    Good deal congrats.

Forum Member

Thanks bud. Hoping for good news for all of us.

Forum Member

Well guys, they were cslling me earlier to give me my time to go to the uniform store for stuff. I am going on Monday and the even gave me my file #...not exactly sure what it is or used for...but you are talking to File # 209**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    Well guys, they were cslling me earlier to give me my time to go to the uniform store for stuff. I am going on Monday and the even gave me my file #...not exactly sure what it is or used for...but you are talking to File # 209**
    I would keep that quiet, you may upset some people lol. Congrats

Forum Member

OK guys...Got a call today I am to report to the commissary on Halsted for my uniforms on Tuesday. I was given my file number...I am now # 2094* as far as the CFD is concerned. newguy...your file is like your SS#...for your entire career no one else will have it..it is just for you. You will use it for everything, going for uniforms, transfers, marking your equipment, your even suppose to put it next to your signature on all CFD documents. My roommate said you will use it for everything. I told her that I was wondering if she could tell me when the academy is starting, because I have been using a lot of days to get off of work and they are starting to get upset. She said that once we get our uniforms she will be contacting us for our final process day...and that day they will tie up lose ends and tell us what we need. She said, and I quote, " the first day for the academy will be Monday Nov 18th, so start taking care of your business, and get yourself prepared." I was very happy, and she said congratulations I will see you at final processing and the 18th!!
    keefus likes this.

Forum Member

Sorry I forgot to say they gave me a file number as well

Forum Member

What file did they give you, just wonder how far apart we were to get an idea of how many people they called. Thanks for the info Goldie, now I know what a file number is for :0) I have to admit these last few months seemed to drag on, but getting that call today felt great. Hope you guys start getting called.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Forum Member

2nd gen did u get uniforms before they revoked your fp or was that the next step? Im hoping all of us on this thread get in.

Forum Member

HaHA, newguy24...you think the last few months were a rough wait, try last five years. Was happy to get call...will really celebrate when I walk in on the 18th...when it is for sure!! Hey guys, was just wondering what will happen to this thread after this...I mean it can't go on forever, or can it. Someone should print off every page since day one...I think it should be kept as a record of how crazy this job is and the proof of those who refuse to give up on their dream. I mean it is so hard and crazy to get this job, we really did just win the lottery...for everyone of us going in next month, there are a thousand that wanted that spot. Lets really try hard to be a close class and keep the brotherhood and tradition alive. I don't believe now or did I ever that we were ever owed anything, but I am sure grateful for the opportunity. We have been through a lot, some more than others...but either way we are all very lucky and blessed, for we are about to get a front row ticket for the great show, wildest ride, and closet fraternity out there. We are truly blessed and lucky to have a chance to one day be accepted into this noble family and brotherhood. We all earned it the right way, lets always remember to hold the same respect and appreciation for this job as we did today when we got that call. Just my 2 cents.
    2ndGenCFD likes this.

Forum Member

You'll never forget that number again. You might even hate it. Lol

Forum Member

why do you say I may hate that number?

Forum Member

Glad to see process keeps moving and congrats on the calls boys and girls!!!

Jet kept his phone at the ready.......but no call. Hopefully tomorrow.

JMH
    Forum Member

few things...has ANYONE heard anything or heard of anyone getting negative feedback from the medical?

Also, its at least encouraging that the same people that got called for medical first are getting called for uniform fitting.

good luck all

Forum Member

why do you say I may hate that number?
    You're gonna have to yell out the number every time your called on. Lol

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Thread Information