Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 406 of 552 FirstFirst ... 306356396403404405406407408409416456506 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,120 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Wow, looks like this is truly an all day event. Can't wait for Jet to get on and give us the scoop.
    My buddy was there and was out by 11:30. Said we do not sign up for cpat at this orientation. He said they will contact us to come back another day next month. And they do give the drug test. Looks like everything has been pushed back a month. At least the cpat portion.

JMH
    Forum Member

I dont know anyone there today, but I know somone yesterday...I'm assuming its the same for each day

-Basic run down of whats going on
    -Paper work
    - **** test
    -Discuss next steps.

my contact from yesterday said the same thing. Basically a waste of time and out of there before lunch

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Wow, looks like this is truly an all day event. Can't wait for Jet to get on and give us the scoop.
    No, they're all just slackers on posting, haha. I talked to my buddy and he said he was one of the last ones to **** and was done by 1ish. Didn't get much more details though. He said basically **** and hand in paperwork.

Lol, I hope they didn't push it back to give the women some more time to train. ugh. might have to go get the test done on my own before going through it with the city should I fail.

Forum Member

so those of you who went already this week or know someone who has, where did u park ? because last time i was there parking was either by permit only or metered & i dont think theyre going to let us out to pay the meter every 2 hours.

Forum Member

Jet checking in......

Turned in paperwork and took pee test.....and that was it. Wear shirts and ties boys.....parking just south of FAS....meter parking....

After pee test, classroom A for info on the next step (background) which we will go and turn in along with a list of documents next month.

If you have your CPAT and background done, you can turn it in but you wont be jumping ahead in line.

I was last group out and signed out about 1ish.....be there no later than 830 even though report time was 9
    Shadez likes this.

JMH
    Forum Member

approx how many people?

Did they share any useful information in regards to hiring?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    approx how many people?

Did they share any useful information in regards to hiring?
    We were in drill hall mostly....was pretty full.....id GUESS and say bout 150-200 guys maybe?

Deputy comm gave a brief into speech thanking everyone and they NEED to hire.....no academy dates given except for a date of Oct 1 which was given as an example but that coincides with what i've heard prior to today so take that for what it's worth.

All in all, they need to hire and they are moving us along fairly quickly so positives all around

Forum Member

jetguy81

Thanks for the info. One of my neighborhood buddies was there today and he told me what you said. I asked him if there is any advantage to having the Questionnare and CPAT done at the Orientation, and he said that it doesn't matter because they are using numbers. Can't wait to go. Ill be there on Thursday

Forum Member

Is the J form the live scan? I go tomorrow. I filled out the Live scan and the interest card.
    Other than that we need to bring the green form, black pen, and medical release correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Is the J form the live scan? I go tomorrow. I filled out the Live scan and the interest card.
    Other than that we need to bring the green form, black pen, and medical release correct?
    J form is the live scan.....correct.

Bring what is requested on the letter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    J form is the live scan.....correct.

Bring what is requested on the letter.
    Thank you!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Thank you!
    No prob

This is directed at everyone....make sure when filling out forms, put everything in the CORRECT place. A few today put info in wrong locations and had to obtain new forms....again, ATTENTION TO DETAIL

Also....if someone has a question...listen up....it may be your question. Dont be "that guy" that asks the same question that was already asked and answered.

Just follow the directions given and all will be fine.

Forum Member

Hey guys. Look at the bright side of the situation.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:23 PM.

Forum Member

Lol

IF?

Honestly the way they were talking today, it's more a matter of when!

Forum Member

I heard they need three letters of reference from acquaintances. You guys think it would be Ok to use some of the same references listed on the Background Packet?

Do you guys think it matters if the J form and the interest card are done in blue ink? I started in blue ink and when I got to the plethora of questions it said to use only black. I was concerned about the previous papers once I read that.

Forum Member

Black ink is proper. I would just finish those forms in blue, and remember to always use black ink in the future.

Yea, the blue pen was the first thing I grabbed out of the drawer. I had finished them in blue and then went on to the background stuff and read that it must be done in black. I was just concerned that the others were supposed to be done in black as well. I was going to write over what I did in blue with black.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 05-08-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Thread Information