Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 407 of 556 FirstFirst ... 307357397404405406407408409410417457507 ... LastLast
Results 8,121 to 8,140 of 11107
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

[QUOTE=jetguy81;1367023]We were in drill hall mostly....was pretty full.....id GUESS and say bout 150-200 guys maybe?

Good Luck guys!
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:21 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

some thoughts.

This first group that is going seems to be the Final processing guys. My guess would be that those guys have been waiting for this final call for a while now. These guys most likely have been planning their lives around getting this call. I figured this group would be the highest turnout of the groups. ( I also heard the turnout was about 100-120), so who the hell knows.

The numbers will also dwindle as we go too. People will fail the drug test, people will fail the background, people will fail the CPAt, people will determine that they just dont want it or cant move their family into the city from their current living, dumb sh*t will happen and people will simply just get weeded out.

I'm also hearing very postitive things about the hiring numbers. I hear they are planning on hiring a good amount of people before the first of the year, to get these hires on the books in 2013. Just something that was shared with me froma pretty reliable source, but as we all know, until it happens it dont mean crap.

At this point, just continue the process and see how it turns out.

I know we hear rumors about the new test next year, I'm just finding it hard to believe the city is going to waste all of this time and money to only hire 200-300 guys.

Just my 2cents

Forum Member

For the record...i was a Jan 2010 PAT'er that went down yesterday.....not a FP guy, but not sure if they now grouped us with FP guys??

Forum Member

Just got back. I heard one of the instructors say when I first walked in that they had 138 on the schedule for today. I would say 100-120 showed. The one thing they said to the women was that they will have until December to complete their CPAT, so I'm thinking they might not be jumping ahead of the first academy, b/c Ms. Hammond said that one academy should happen between 10/1 and 11/1.

Forum Member

In my opinion, the guy that said drill hall pretty full, probably 150-200 people is incorrect. I couldn't get a perfect count, but I counted 18 rows of chairs on each side 4 deep, so that's 144 chairs, so that's my observation. Not every chair was full, so I was thinking around 120 there today.

Forum Member

Just thought of something that will come into play in a major way, in case it hasnt' been brought up yet. Make sure you don't owe the city any money for anything. tickets, water bills, city sticker, etc... you WILL NOT be allowed in the door the first day unless you are paid in full with the City of Chicago.

Forum Member

jaslkfjalksdjflakdjsflkajdsflk ajdsf
    Last edited by chigo23; 05-13-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Forum Member

Yes it does count. I took it at NIPSTA about 2 months ago and passed on my practice run and they counted it and game me my card.

Forum Member

What is PAT? Newbee here

Forum Member

aksdjflajdflkajdsflkjasdlfkj

Forum Member

kdfljflkajsdflkajdsflkjalkdsfj lakjdfsalkdsfj

I got out about an hour ago. I was the guy who didn't get the dress code and wore the peach dress short. Lmao

Glad I wasn't the guy who wore gym shoes though. Hahaha

While waiting for Mrs. Hammond to talk to a group of 25 guys before my group we ha some guys ask some very good questions.

There were 128 people on Tuesday and 138 today. 3 guys got eliminated from the process today. 1 guy walked out before ****ing, another got removed for using his cell phone in the building after that was the very first thing we were told not to do before entering the building and the 3rd guy forgot to sign out which is required before you leave the building and the final stamp of approval that you were there. You can be there all day and if you do t sign out you will be considered absent.

Also there will be a class in Oct/Nov for sure according to Mrs. Hammond. Someone asked how people are selected for that class and the instructors kind of gave an attitude to the guy and never really answered his question. All they would say is the people to fully complete the process will get in the class.

For those going tomorrow make sure to bring your required paperwork, a pen, follow directions and make sure to sign yourself out including the time you sign out. Also make sure you can **** on the spot.

Good luck!

No hair test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    No hair test.
    No hair test today, but the woman instructor told me that they will likely do the hair test next time we come in about a month to turn in all our background info. Ms. Hammond also said 3 people got eliminated yesterday for not signing out.

Oh, and those of you going in the next couple of days they told us today that they asked the 1st district police department to be lenient with cars parked in the surrounding blocks of the building if the time on te metered parking goes over. So pay for the max if you find a spot and don't worry about your car getting ticketed. They will however give you a ticket if you do not pay the max.

Wow, it's amazing how many folks get eliminated for not listening to directions. Sad!

Out of the 138 today 11 were woman and 1 of them was an incumbent.

Forum Member

Adsfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I got out about an hour ago. I was the guy who didn't get the dress code and wore the peach dress short. Lmao

Glad I wasn't the guy who wore gym shoes though. Hahaha

While waiting for Mrs. Hammond to talk to a group of 25 guys before my group we ha some guys ask some very good questions.

There were 128 people on Tuesday and 138 today. 3 guys got eliminated from the process today. 1 guy walked out before ****ing, another got removed for using his cell phone in the building after that was the very first thing we were told not to do before entering the building and the 3rd guy forgot to sign out which is required before you leave the building and the final stamp of approval that you were there. You can be there all day and if you do t sign out you will be considered absent.

Also there will be a class in Oct/Nov for sure according to Mrs. Hammond. Someone asked how people are selected for that class and the instructors kind of gave an attitude to the guy and never really answered his question. All they would say is the people to fully complete the process will get in the class.

For those going tomorrow make sure to bring your required paperwork, a pen, follow directions and make sure to sign yourself out including the time you sign out. Also make sure you can **** on the spot.

Good luck!
    So was standard dress suits? I just pulled my shirt out and it has a nice yellow ring on collar

Forum Member

Tie and dress shoes are mandatory

Thread Information