Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

^you need a file number anyway. Hence the call with the file number and date..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I don't think showing up randomly is a good idea. You can't just make your own rules. 2ndGen was lucky they let him stay. IMO if we show up in hoards, they will not just put up with it.
    I have to agree, you now will start screwing the guys who are following the process. I am going to wait for my call to report not just show up.
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Dalsh321;1386988]2ndGen was in this boat and just showed up yesterday at medical. They questioned him as to why he was there, but ultimately he pleaded his case and they let him stay and scheduled his medical. If I were you I would call some people to find out where your file got lost, b/c once Personnel has it after you passed BI, you should be called.

WOW!!! I dont know if I should be amazed or sick. It took balls, that is for sure... But doesnt this open them up to a new lawsuit now, if they just let one person in, dont they have to let the rest in also. But that is crazy, to just show up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    2ndGen was in this boat and just showed up yesterday at medical. They questioned him as to why he was there, but ultimately he pleaded his case and they let him stay and scheduled his medical. If I were you I would call some people to find out where your file got lost, b/c once Personnel has it after you passed BI, you should be called.
    WOW!!! I dont know if I should be amazed or sick. It took balls, that is for sure... But doesnt this open them up to a new lawsuit now, if they just let one person in, dont they have to let the rest in also. But that is crazy, to just show up.
    With donuts.....lol <---- love it!!!

I can already hear the ball busting for that one. Hahaha
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Forum Member

I would agree you shouldn't just show up for uniforms without knowing you passed medical, especially if you just took it recently, b/c you will need your # to get a uniform. I think 2ndGen's situation was different in that he knew he had passed BI and Personnel had his file and he should have already been called and this is why I suggested the other guy head down there if he knew the same, b/c your file should be moved from BI to Personnel within days, so if you have been waiting weeks, you need to do something about it or be left out. The first calls went out that we know about for uniforms just yesterday, so nobody has been sitting around waiting, but medical calls have been going out for what, 6 weeks now and I would say everybody that took the CPAT on their own needs to have either gone into medical scheduling already or by this Thursday, or you need to do something about it, b/c I personally know someone that took the CPAT the City route and was contacted by their BI this week, so they're moving onto those people.

Forum Member

I just told my buddy here at work what 2ndGen did yesterday and he said he's leaving for lunch and he might just head over there to see if he can get in. LMFBO

Forum Member

I would agree you shouldn't just show up for uniforms without knowing you passed medical, especially if you just took it recently, b/c you will need your # to get a uniform. I think 2ndGen's situation was different in that he knew he had passed BI and Personnel had his file and he should have already been called and this is why I suggested the other guy head down there if he knew the same, b/c your file should be moved from BI to Personnel within days, so if you have been waiting weeks, you need to do something about it or be left out. The first calls went out that we know about for uniforms just yesterday, so nobody has been sitting around waiting, but medical calls have been going out for what, 6 weeks now and I would say everybody that took the CPAT on their own needs to have either gone into medical scheduling already or by this Thursday, or you need to do something about it, b/c I personally know someone that took the CPAT the City route and was contacted by their BI this week, so they're moving onto those people.
    Can't believe there were only 150 or so of the 700 of us who took the CPAT on our own. That's very surprising.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Can't believe there were only 150 or so of the 700 of us who took the CPAT on our own. That's very surprising.
    I don't know that 700 took the CPAT on their own, I was thinking that was the total pool. I thought I recall only 4-500 left in the process after CPAT/BI. Yesterday Ms. Hammond said they have made it through 125-150 for medical scheduling through yesterday and then they have another 2-300 waiting, which I would assume are the people who took CPAT the CFD route.

Forum Member

I don't know that 700 took the CPAT on their own, I was thinking that was the total pool. I thought I recall only 4-500 left in the process after CPAT/BI. Yesterday Ms. Hammond said they have made it through 125-150 for medical scheduling through yesterday and then they have another 2-300 waiting, which I would assume are the people who took CPAT the CFD route.
    We all had the opportunity to take it on our own. I can't believe only 150 of us did that on our own. I was for sure all 700 or damn close to it would. Why wouldn't you if they specifically told us that would ultimately determine how they would be choosing people. That's what I meant...

Forum Member

We all had the opportunity to take it on our own. I can't believe only 150 of us did that on our own. I was for sure all 700 or damn close to it would. Why wouldn't you if they specifically told us that would ultimately determine how they would be choosing people. That's what I meant...
    i don't ever remember them outright saying it. for me it was based on rumors i'd heard here and the fact that since the cpat is only good for one year, they'd take those that did it sooner first.

Forum Member

Got it now, no clue how I misread that, but just read again and yes got it.

Ultimately it shows you who really wants this and I'm glad the City at least stuck to their word and processed us first.

JMH
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    When did you do you medical? And Congrats!!
    thanks...I think sept 19th? I was like 2nd or 3rd group to get called down for medical I believe.

Forum Member

My thoughts are they are just getting through the September medicals and then this Thursday will be the last group to get called for medical for this class as that probably puts them around 200 in medical, which should give enough pass to fill the class and the leftovers for the spring class. That being said, I would expect lots of calls going out over the coming weeks through October's end into the FP set for 1st week of Nov.

Once again, just thought of another thing from yesterday. They said the RAN order was thrown out this processing because of the CPAT. They said it was basically too difficult on Personnel to go in order anymore with all the people passing/failing CPAT and some taking on their own some not, so they just went in the order they got things done.

Forum Member

Also for those of you who haven't heard from medical, she said if there's a problem they will call you ASAP to correct, otherwise you will not hear from medical. In the past they sent out letters to everyone after medical with the conditional offer and FP reporting, but because of the timeline everyone will be called by Personnel in the coming weeks and no letters will go out. She said typical timeframe to clear medical is 5-7 days if there are no problems.

Forum Member

Also for those of you who haven't heard from medical, she said if there's a problem they will call you ASAP to correct, otherwise you will not hear from medical. In the past they sent out letters to everyone after medical with the conditional offer and FP reporting, but because of the timeline everyone will be called by Personnel in the coming weeks and no letters will go out. She said typical timeframe to clear medical is 5-7 days if there are no problems.
    So quick question, they notify if you cleared medical? I'm 7 days passed my medical and have heard nothing... Think I should make a call?

Forum Member

5-7 business days.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    So quick question, they notify if you cleared medical? I'm 7 days passed my medical and have heard nothing... Think I should make a call?
    No, they only notify you if there was an issue, the next call you will receive will probably be to go down for uniform as some of the guys from September have received in the past two days. Again, I would expect lots of those calls to be going out over the next couple weeks as I think Ms. Hammond may now be done with calling people in for medical as this coming Thursday in my opinion might be the last one for this class. This is just a guess though and only saying that, b/c they are scheduling medicals through 11/1, which I would assume will be filled up this Thursday and then again, FP is supposed to be that next week.

When we were in there yesterday we had options of taking medical starting this Thurs 10/24 through 11/1 and our group only filled about half the slots I would say.

Forum Member

Have you found a place in the city yet Dino?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    i don't ever remember them outright saying it. for me it was based on rumors i'd heard here and the fact that since the cpat is only good for one year, they'd take those that did it sooner first.
    They told the group of 140 I was there with in the early stages that if we did it on our own we'd have a better shot at getting in this class. I'm not sure if someone asked a question to get that out of them or if they flat out said it. But it was told to us by Miss Hammond directly.

Forum Member

Well I think as long as its moving along we should be ok..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Have you found a place in the city yet Dino?
    Check your PM's

Forum Member

Sounds like things went from quiet to full steam ahead. Lol. Awesome! Took medical first thing Monday morning and so far no calls from medical dept. Not that I anticipate anything wrong but I guess you never know. By this time next week I will feel even more confident if I get no medical call. Congrats to thos called for uniforms.
    Dalsh321 glad you were able to get in Thursday. Same goes for you 2ndGen.
    Newguy, I hate you!! Just kidding buddy. Good for you! May 2013 means nothing when we are all getting our butts kicked in the academy. At that point we are all the low guys on the totem poll. Doesn't make a difference when you started or how long you have been in the process. We are all the same. Again, congrats to you and any other person lucky enough to start on November 18th.
    2ndGenCFD, keefus and Shadez like this.

Forum Member

quick question about the commissary: what are its hours of operation? another day i will have to take off work?

Forum Member

Well said Teddy..

Forum Member

commissary is open from 8 am-330 pm Monday-Friday

Thread Information