Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    233 wacker...when ms hammond is calling to assign commissary dates, she also states you have cleared medical.
    sorry, I missed that part, just read back a few more pages.

if you are getting the commissary date and especially the file number, you're clear and ready for the next class. also, the fact they are calling to set up commissary times, is really good for a November 18 class. they had us come down and set them up during one of the processing dates. it's obvious they are rushing to get you guys started.
    2ndGenCFD, Shadez and JMH like this.

Forum Member

So are people still getting called for uniforms? Seems like no new calls have gone out since they started calling for medical issues. Maybe they want people to clear those up first. I'm assuming if there are issues, we will hear this week.

Forum Member

JMH mentioned that the commissary people told him they were doing 10 on that same day, and the rest of this week. So, we can assume that's 50 candidates right there. They also told him that next week they are booked too. If they already have names tagged to those spots next week, I would start to worry because that's around 100 spots. I'm thinking that they have not selected the candidates for next weeks commissary slots and will call this week to get them scheduled.

Forum Member

^^
    Good point. Sounds like things are moving very quickly. I'm thinking as they are grabbing folders for commissary calls they are seeing people need medical clearance. Its good they are giving people the chance to clear these things up.

Forum Member

Hey guys- I just got off the phone with Hammond and was told to report to the commissary this Friday. Needless to say I am very excited and very relieved, especially with all of this medical talk today. It seems like they are moving in the same order as the medicals because I was part of the 2nd group to schedule my medical and I believe I am the second group for commissary calls.

This has been a long road to this point and I am so thankful that it is finally happening. Like others here, peace of mind regarding employment has been hard to come by for the last few years. I was never able to fully commit myself to anything outside of CFD knowing that this would someday be happening. Now I just need to finally dive in head first to a great career and give it my all. I will be the 3rd generation firefighter in my family and that has never meant more to me than it does today. Clear eyes, full hearts boys!!!
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats man!

Forum Member

So that tells me that what Hammond said is pretty accurate. All individuals that have scheduled Medical, once cleared, will be good to go for November. I think there were 5 groups processed for Medical as of now.
    Mathematically it makes sense that they are on the second wave of fitting appts..

Forum Member

So do you think by the end of next week all groups will have been called for uniforms? (pending medical clearance of course)

Forum Member

^ I don't think there's enough time to clear all by the end of next week. I'm thinking they might use all of the first week of Nov to clear people too. Hammond told my group when scheduling Medical that she can "throw a FP together in a few hours if need be.."
    But I've come to learn there is no method to processing madness..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    So that tells me that what Hammond said is pretty accurate. All individuals that have scheduled Medical, once cleared, will be good to go for November. I think there were 5 groups processed for Medical as of now.
    Mathematically it makes sense that they are on the second wave of fitting appts..
    I agree to a point. I know the groups were told if you don't hear from medical within 7 business days, you are clear. People are being called over a month after their medicals. Not complaining just saying it is longer than 7 days. It is what it is. But yes, they are calling in medical order for uniforms, pending you cleared. I was the 4th group with 44 people so I figure to hear next week. Hopefully!
    Congrats to those getting uniform calls.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Roche, did u do ur medical already?
    My appointment was for 7:30am i was out of there before 10. sounds like i did good by taking the early appointment. I had a blue CFD t shirt with a blackhawks logo on it. i recognized a few faces from processing but not sure which one you were.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Forum Member

No action today I guess.

I was thinking most of the commissary appointments this week were setup for women, veterans, and crossovers since they are in quota groups. Maybe they will hit the regular guys real heavy next week.

Forum Member

Thursday and Fridays seem to be the busy phone call days.

JMH
    Forum Member

was at commissary today, nothing too exciting. about an hour process.
    The pack you a box of everything you need and you buy some extra's if you want.

I was the only candidate there majority of the time, when I walked out one guy was in the waiting room.

I asked the worker how many came through so far and he wouldnt give me an exact number, but didnt sound like too many.

JMH
    Forum Member

Oh and I did over hear one of the workers say that the city is pushing VERY hard to get everyone wrapped up by nov 4th. He said that the city is sick of paying overtime and is getting this class started.
    I'm not sure what the importance of Nov 4th is though.

Forum Member

Just a guess but nov.4 is exactly two weeks before nov.18. Falling in the two weeks they try to give you from FP to academy day.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Oh and I did over hear one of the workers say that the city is pushing VERY hard to get everyone wrapped up by nov 4th. He said that the city is sick of paying overtime and is getting this class started.
    I'm not sure what the importance of Nov 4th is though.
    Two weeks notice for candidates would be my guess. What happened with guys that had eye test today?
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

^Hopefully they passed.

233wacker mentioned earlier that when he got in around 2009 they send you an invitation or a shaft letter saying you don't qualify. Pretty scary if that's what they plan to do this time around. Sink or swim :-)

Forum Member

I previously mentioned that per Ms. Hammond, FP is supposed to be the first week of November, which would be that week of November 4.

Forum Member

Just got a call from investigator for employment info I did cpat on my own
    CFDhopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Nov 4th is final processing. She told me that yesterday

Forum Member

Jr may I ask who said that, the commissary person?

Forum Member

Also another thought if we are lucky enough to get on and they have fp 11/4 they could still schedule commissary appt. After that since you don't get that stuff till day 1 of academy I believe. Just a thought I could be wrong

Forum Member

So a guy I know did his medical, but hasn't been told to go to the commissary. He said he was just going to walk in a day this week and see if they will get his uniforms, because he wants to keep things moving along. When I went in there yesterday, I already had my file number. did anyone report for uniforms without a file number? He was just wondering so he would have an excuse if they asked him for his and he didn't have one. I didn't know what to tell him because I had mine.

Thread Information