Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 413 of 552 FirstFirst ... 313363403410411412413414415416423463513 ... LastLast
Results 8,241 to 8,260 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

There were people there that it was they're first day of processing ever. Ever. And they're equal to FPers..nice eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    There were people there that it was they're first day of processing ever. Ever. And they're equal to FPers..nice eh?
    Hey Bode,

Were you the guy from Canada in Wednesday's group?

Forum Member

Nope Southsider.

Forum Member

Bagosoxgo, are you saying there were people in the 16,000s in processing with you? If not, what are you saying?

one person said that his number was 16,000, his last social was #8. then someone asked if he was military and he said no. i thinked that shocked alot of people. They asked how many people did final process and it just maybe 10-20 who did. back in 2009, when we went down to clinton on a saturday, we done a hair test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Bagosoxgo, are you saying there were people in the 16,000s in processing with you? If not, what are you saying?

one person said that his number was 16,000, his last social was #8. then someone asked if he was military and he said no. i thinked that shocked alot of people. They asked how many people did final process and it just maybe 10-20 who did. back in 2009, when we went down to clinton on a saturday, we done a hair test.
    I do know someone that was sent a letter and they were in the 16,000's. The reason was an immediate family member was killed in the lineof duty.
    That person did not go to orientation.

Forum Member

That'd be wild if they just invited everyone who has already been processed in the first few days and then the last couple days were just random people from the entire rest of the list. I don't think that's the case, but would be wild, b/c they started with 9, so people with 8 would be at the very end.

Forum Member

Afasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    I was watching some of the news clips about the law babies. Who are they kidding! Some of them looked so out of shap there is no way they are going to pass the cpat.

Yesterday there were 5 women there, and I predict not one of them will pass. No offense to them, but as Someone who has passed the cpat, I can tell you that
    It's no walk in the park

I was watching some of the news clips about the law babies. Who are they kidding! Some of them looked so out of shap there is no way they are going to pass the cpat.
    Those were my thoughts as well. They seemed to struggle up the 5 steps into the Clinton Building. lol

So do we know of anyone that was in today's group?

Forum Member

Dfadsfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:24 PM.

Forum Member

Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=jetguy81;1367629]Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess

I dont understand... yesterday ms hammond said it would be best to go on your own, that you will get more chances to pass. the question was asked in our group if we can go on our own and then still sign up for the CPAT, she said yes, that it would be no problem. We just dont show up for our date from the city. We were also told that the CPATS would be pushed back a month, they were not going to be the week of the 20th of may. I went yesterday so I dont know what date you went, but it seems we have contradicting information.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Really regretting my decision to go the city-sponsored CPAT after hearing about the delays. I wonder if i would catch heat if i went out and got it on my own and presented them my card next month.....even though i requested to go the city-sponsored route. Lesson learned i guess.
    I asked that exact question. I too chose to use the city CPAT program but when I asked Ms.Hammond if we could still get it on our own before we return she said absolutely. Go out and get it.

Yes she did. You can go before and after the city sponsored one if you fail it. As long as its passed by the deadline you're covered.
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-10-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Forum Member

Dfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.

based on the poats ive read over the past several days it sounds like they are being really flexible withpeople where they wernt in the past. Letting people retake the cpat if they fail, not kicking people out for not dressing proprly, and letting people bring in papers they forgot but were told to bring. I wonder if this means they really need people to fill spots and feel they cant afford to be as strict as they wre in the past or if there just afraid of getting sued again.
    Probably a combination of both. They probably figure the CPAT will eliminate a big group who passed the PAT anyway.

Forum Member

To Blaze- I dont know, I think that tall blond might have a chance. The other four not so much.

To Shadez-I have buddy that went today. So far all he told me, is that he was there with a bunch of morons. I will get details later.

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    To Shadez-I have buddy that went today. So far all he told me, is that he was there with a bunch of morons. I will get details later.
    Ask him how many in the group.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by chigo23
    based on the poats ive read over the past several days it sounds like they are being really flexible withpeople where they wernt in the past. Letting people retake the cpat if they fail, not kicking people out for not dressing proprly, and letting people bring in papers they forgot but were told to bring. I wonder if this means they really need people to fill spots and feel they cant afford to be as strict as they wre in the past or if there just afraid of getting sued again.
    Probably a combination of both. They probably figure the CPAT will eliminate a big group who passed the PAT anyway.

I dont think they are being flexible, in thursday we were thanked for being in business attire, that they sent one person home who was not dressed in business. i think it depends on who sees you, if the wrong person catches you then you are gone. I dont see that many people failing the CPAT (i dont understand the people who failed the first physical)it just doesnt seem that hard. But we will see. Ms Hammond said that they understood that 2 weeks is not alot of time to do your physical and to complete the questionnaire, that is why they gave the extra time. Also we were told that a class is expected october and then it depends on the mayor on how many classes he wants to sign off on. if he wants 2,3,4 then they all will be 3-4 months apart.

Forum Member

the news said october but we all know that can easily change

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Originally Posted by chigo23

I dont think they are being flexible, in thursday we were thanked for being in business attire, that they sent one person home who was not dressed in business. i think it depends on who sees you, if the wrong person catches you then you are gone. I dont see that many people failing the CPAT (i dont understand the people who failed the first physical)it just doesnt seem that hard. But we will see. Ms Hammond said that they understood that 2 weeks is not alot of time to do your physical and to complete the questionnaire, that is why they gave the extra time. Also we were told that a class is expected october and then it depends on the mayor on how many classes he wants to sign off on. if he wants 2,3,4 then they all will be 3-4 months apart.

Thread Information