Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

You're in my prayers tonight, Jet. Good luck tomorrow buddy. Hope you can sleep good tonight knowing you've done everything you could possibly do to get this job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    You're in my prayers tonight, Jet. Good luck tomorrow buddy. Hope you can sleep good tonight knowing you've done everything you could possibly do to get this job.
    Thanks Shadez - definitley alot of tossing and turning tonight.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kozone View Post
    Just got a call from investigator for employment info I did cpat on my own
    Glad to hear calls are still going out.

Forum Member

Best wishes today Jet.

JMH
    Forum Member

good luck jet, sorry to hear that. Hope it all works out

Forum Member

Thanks guys - will update as soon as I get the call. Hope to be working with you all soon.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if that Nov 4th FP day sounds like a for sure thing? I got my file number and went this week for uniforms, but they wouldn't really say either way when the exact start day was going to be. I am just asking, because I am planning on taking a leave of absence from my current department, and I need to file paperwork with the department and make sure my union stuff is all squared away. I want to make sure I give them enough time to get the paperwork done, and not step on any toes. I am lucky I am able to take the leave of absence to try things out with CFD, and just want to be respectful to my current department. Any info or help would be great

Forum Member

^ don't do anything until you get the call for Final Processing. All the dates we will hear about it will be rumors til the actual call comes.

Forum Member

^^^

At the pace we are at right now, I would not be surprised if they push the November date. I know we have heard a December date floating around. Who knows. I wouldnt make any employment change until you hear from FP.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody1998 View Post
    Does anyone know if that Nov 4th FP day sounds like a for sure thing? I got my file number and went this week for uniforms, but they wouldn't really say either way when the exact start day was going to be. I am just asking, because I am planning on taking a leave of absence from my current department, and I need to file paperwork with the department and make sure my union stuff is all squared away. I want to make sure I give them enough time to get the paperwork done, and not step on any toes. I am lucky I am able to take the leave of absence to try things out with CFD, and just want to be respectful to my current department. Any info or help would be great
    I'm in the same boat. Got my letter all typed up just waiting on a for sure start date. I gotta feeling there isn't going to be any way around stepping on some toes with such a short notice of a start date.

Forum Member

OK guys, just passing on some information like we have always done on here. My roommate had to go to FD Hdqtrs today for something, and he ran into a guy he knows that works in the commissioners office. ( So I would say a reliable source). He said that he was talking to the guy, when the subject of a new entrance exam came up. He said that they had a meeting with the top brass last week that he was sitting in on. They are planning a test for May/June 2014. And that they are going to ask the city to OK pre-req's of CPAT and EMT-B. They aren't sure if they are going to ask for those 2 items to sit for the exam, or at time to begin processing. He just said the the fire department wants to stop these 7-8 month academies and are happy with the way CPAT went this time around. Take it for what its worth, but if it is true at least no more 30 thousand plus applicants, and people just looking for a job without putting some effort into it.
    2ndGenCFD likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    OK guys, just passing on some information like we have always done on here. My roommate had to go to FD Hdqtrs today for something, and he ran into a guy he knows that works in the commissioners office. ( So I would say a reliable source). He said that he was talking to the guy, when the subject of a new entrance exam came up. He said that they had a meeting with the top brass last week that he was sitting in on. They are planning a test for May/June 2014. And that they are going to ask the city to OK pre-req's of CPAT and EMT-B. They aren't sure if they are going to ask for those 2 items to sit for the exam, or at time to begin processing. He just said the the fire department wants to stop these 7-8 month academies and are happy with the way CPAT went this time around. Take it for what its worth, but if it is true at least no more 30 thousand plus applicants, and people just looking for a job without putting some effort into it.
    Yup, that's what I've been hearing. Completely eliminates the lawsuit issue as well. You either have those items or you don't. No more BS. Smart move IMO.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post

Man I hope I don't have to sign up for that test.... Still waiting to hear if I cleared medical, anybody hear if commissary calls are still happening?
    2ndGenCFD likes this.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.

Forum Member

Thought for sure there would be more commissary calls this week...?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Thought for sure there would be more commissary calls this week...?
    It was also quiet on here during the 2nd and 3rd groups to go into FAS to accept the conditional offer and schedule medical so I'm hoping that's the case this week.

Forum Member

Anybody gotten commissary calls for next week?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Anybody gotten commissary calls for next week?
    I know somebody that is going Monday.

Forum Member

Thanks bud I was just curious to make sure the process is still going on...hopefully we get on 11/18

Forum Member

Jet, have you heard anything yet? I have a buddy who went Tuesday with a doctors note to clear a medical issue and he has not heard anything back as of today. I think they have a backlog of medical clearance so it may be taking a little longer to hear back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Jet, have you heard anything yet? I have a buddy who went Tuesday with a doctors note to clear a medical issue and he has not heard anything back as of today. I think they have a backlog of medical clearance so it may be taking a little longer to hear back.
    Jet got no call........yet. Serious pucker factor going on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Jet got no call........yet. Serious pucker factor going on.
    Hang in their buddy. I have a feeling many of us are going to need some sort of clearance outside of CFD. Its seems like a matter of when you hear from medical not if.

Forum Member

I'm starting to think that maybe this December rumor is true..there just doesn't seem like enough time to process Medical with CFD Docs, give candidates the opportunity to clear up an issue, and schedule commissary in the time that's left. I could be way off though and they call and clear and schedule 30 guys tomorrow but the timetable is dwindling..
    Now on the other hand, and somewhat keeps me in the mix of a Nov class is when Hammond told my group that she can just throw a FP together in no time..but how does that leave people enough time to get their s h i t together with moving and whatnot? I don't know, I was just mulling it over..thoughts?

Forum Member

^The city don't care about moving arrangements. They don't bend over backwards for us. I've heard from some of the CPD guys that people were getting called 1-2 days before their academy dates this year.

Thread Information