Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by justwaitin View Post
    thanks bud!! I did, it's dizzying reading through here sometimes. Appreciate it tho. I'll look again.

Thanks ffemt app
    hkhkjhlkhkjhklhklhkhljkhj
    Last edited by chigo23; 11-08-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justwaitin View Post
    Thanks bud!! I did, it's dizzying reading through here sometimes. Appreciate it tho. I'll look again.

Thanks ffemt app
    Hey bud you don't have to thank people that want to be rude to you. If you have a question, ask, if no one wants to answer or help you out or be little ****** on a fire website forum, let them be. If they take time to write some smart *** quip, then they could easily answer your question. Don't let them talk down to you if you will, about what it's like on the "fireground". Chances are they don't know what it's like. The brotherhood isn't about a ****** on a website forum.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UPCFire View Post
    Hey bud you don't have to thank people that want to be rude to you. If you have a question, ask, if no one wants to answer or help you out or be little ****** on a fire website forum, let them be. If they take time to write some smart *** quip, then they could easily answer your question. Don't let them talk down to you if you will, about what it's like on the "fireground". Chances are they don't know what it's like. The brotherhood isn't about a ****** on a website forum.

That's pric*s, a*s and douc*e
    Munster25 likes this.

JMH
    Forum Member

just wanted to share... a friend of mine got called for his BI this past saturday. I thought it was strange for a weekend call, but I'm wondering now if they are really behind and need to get more people for this first class.

any thoughts?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:03 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

I kind of figured it would be for 2nd class, I just was suprised he got called on a saturday

Forum Member

As evidenced though, by people getting called regarding medicals from the first groups just in the last week and a half or so, I would say it's pretty obvious that they're behind on medicals and I would be surprised if they have cleared enough to fill a class at this points. So with that, yes, maybe it's unlikely people going to medical this week are getting into the first class, but anything is possible.

Forum Member

I agree. They could easily just grab those with zero medical issues and say...lets go!!!

Forum Member

"Everybody in this room, if cleared through Medical will be in the Nov 18 class.." Am I the only one that heard that??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    "Everybody in this room, if cleared through Medical will be in the Nov 18 class.." Am I the only one that heard that??
    That is what I heard when I went in. That was with the 44 potential candidates. But we were also told 7 days and cleared with medical which has proven to be false. So I guess we will know when or if we get called for final processing.

Forum Member

^yep, well we'll see what this week brings..

Forum Member

Exactly and still nobody knows for certain, 11/18 is even happening. When Ms. Hammond pointed out that our employer would not give us 2 weeks upon firing and sometimes you just do what you have to, that made me think some of us will be getting a few days notice if 11/18 actually does happen or they push everyone back a week and FP is 11/12 or something crazy like that. I know the majority of us are in 100% if we get the call this time, but there definitely could be people that if they tell them to report for academy in 5 business days, they might defer to the next class, especially people living outside the city. I mean, personally, I have no clue how you're going to find a residence in a few days in the middle of the month unless you already have options.

Forum Member

Is it safe to assume that all cleared medical candidates have been called for uniforms? Makes me wonder if most of us here aren't medically fit :-)
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Damn, no calls again today. This isn't looking very good.

Forum Member

I think they're gonna do a FP then continue with commissary fittings like they used to do..Might be too much to schedule while Medicals keep coming in. Maybe once they have the specifics down on who's in the class, they'll do a FP and be done with it. Just a ramble..
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Damn, no calls again today. This isn't looking very good.
    If they start calling people who did their medicals after us, then I will get a little nervous. But up until now they have not called anyone in our group. So it has some sort of order. Not sure what it is but...

Forum Member

I didn't mean not good as in we will not get in the class. I meant not good as in the class starting on the 18th. Anything is possible but its not looking good.

JMH
    Forum Member

God I hope not cause I'm beyond checked out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UPCFire View Post
    It's all good. I'm willing to bet this is one of those guys who lives and dies by every post on here, the same guys who have to make it a point at FAS to tell u how many big dogs they know that are firemen.

Little do they know the guys they're taking to are guys who letters of rec are from those big dogs and are processing pros! Lol not vets, without a single hiccup along the way.

All other sites people recognize a 500 page thread might be tough to search through and it might be easier to just post it up. But hey maybe it's me, I don't have Facebook or know why the fuq this site has "likes"
    ffdino88, keefus and doc13mets like this.

Forum Member

It's all good. I'm willing to bet this is one of those guys who lives and dies by every post on here, the same guys who have to make it a point at FAS to tell u how many big dogs they know that are firemen.

Little do they know the guys they're taking to are guys who letters of rec are from those big dogs and are processing pros! Lol not vets, without a single hiccup along the way.

All other sites people recognize a 500 page thread might be tough to search through and it might be easier to just post it up. But hey maybe it's me, I don't have Facebook or know why the fuq this site has "likes"

Haha exactly. I'm "liking" this.

Forum Member

LOL. You know what's funny, I like yourself do not have Facebook and I though the "like" button meant if you clicked it you would be brought to a post similar or "like" that post. I don't consider myself old, but when it comes to social media I am a dinosaur. LOL.
    As far as the medical, you pretty much nailed it. I guess I would add that they take your vitals several times while you are there.
    bearsfan likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone have or know any one that has commissary appts. Tue-fri?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    Anyone have or know any one that has commissary appts. Tue-fri?
    I don't think anyone has been contacted for uniforms since that first group including yourself.

Forum Member

I'm with BODE on this one. Some kind if mass fInal processing will occur soon, or the class will be postponed.

Forum Member

Well I guess if we don't hear anything by the end of the wk. i imagine the 11/18 date is delayed unless they give us less than 2wks.

Thread Information