Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 554 FirstFirst ... 318368408415416417418419420421428468518 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Is today the last day of preliminary processing?

From what everyone has indicated on here, yes. Any idea how many guys were in the group yesterday or Friday?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    Because this is the first group that this age restriction has affected. Prior to this contract, there was no age cut off for cross overs. Now it is affecting medics that really want to be firefighter/medics, so they are following through on the recommendation of some union reps.
    Gotcha, well makes more sense now, missed that before, thanks.

Didn't someone say 88 on Friday? No news from yesterday that I saw.

My tally from Tuesday through Friday is 444 people minus the 80+ woman group from Monday. Even with yesterday and today's group the odds are looking pretty good for all of us if we can follow directions, get all our necessary paper work done, dress proper, **** proper and pass the CPAT. *two thumbs up*

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    My tally from Tuesday through Friday is 444 people minus the 80+ woman group from Monday. Even with yesterday and today's group the odds are looking pretty good for all of us if we can follow directions, get all our necessary paper work done, dress proper, **** proper and pass the CPAT. *two thumbs up*
    #s seemed to drop off as the days went by, so if say 80 these last two days, we're looking at 600 people who showed up for this stage of processing. Obviously we all need people to fail stuff to get hired, which they will, so if my 50% theory is close, Chicago may have actually done something right in sending out the right amount of packets to fill their 300 spots.

Then the thought of reality kicks in...Chicago never gets anything right. lmao

In all seriousness we do got a great shot if we can fulfill all the requirements.

Forum Member

In all seriousness we do got a great shot if we can fulfill all the requirements.
    Well they did send the packets to all of our addresses from 2006, regardless of if we updated them or not.

I agree Shadez and the truth is CFD can't continue on not hiring, so at this point it's just a matter or necessity and academies will be had.

Forum Member

Well they did send the packets to all of our addresses from 2006, regardless of if we updated them or not.

I agree Shadez and the truth is CFD can't continue on not hiring, so at this point it's just a matter or necessity and academies will be had.

Nobody knows of anyone in yesterday or today's groups?

JMH
    Forum Member

81 total people at the processing today. about 6 girls (few from the law suite), like 25 paramedics
    They sent home 10 people who were 38 as well (81 is after the send homes)

same info as everyone else has heard..They are sending out the new letters next week. She said everyone who passes drug test gets that letter

Forum Member

Anyone know if the report backs are still week of June 10?

Ive got a FT corporate gig and im trying to be "strategic" in taking my time off SHOULD the process unfold again.

Forum Member

10 over 38?? Daaamn...

Yea, Ms. Hammond mentioned in our group in Room A that they did their best to filter through the applicants and remove the applicants who are or would be 38 by October 1st. Unfortunately, some packets were sent to those that fell in that category and they said they would be denied once it all came to the forefront. I felt bad for the guy who sat through the process on the day I went all the way through to a few questions before signing out and one of the instructors standing by the doorway where I was sitting whispered under her breathe that eventually they would have figured it out. That was the reason another guy was sent home earlier in the day and they couldn't remember why he left. And then that guy asked the question and it all came back to them as to why he left. They were asking because they wanted to pull his pee from the bag before it was sent out for testing.
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-14-2013 at 04:16 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

Jet, somone asked today when we would come back and she said it would most likely be the 16th and 17th...the letters coming out next week should give concrete dates, but just passing along what she shared

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Anyone know if the report backs are still week of June 10?

Ive got a FT corporate gig and im trying to be "strategic" in taking my time off SHOULD the process unfold again.
    Ms. Hammond told our group in Room A it would be any where from the 6th to 15th. In that area.

Forum Member

Ms. Hammond told our group in Room A it would be any where from the 6th to 15th. In that area.
    Yes, Ms. Hammond told us 6-14th of June.

16th and 17th is a Sunday and Monday, so I think that's inaccurate.

JMH
    Forum Member

ok, the 16th is a sunday, but those are the days she said in my class today. I wrote them down and just double checked. so its safe to say it will be within those two weeks

Forum Member

Great - thanks guys. Already taking off June 4th for the one-time-challenge CPAT - trying to keep this dream of mine stealth on the radar until formal start date is given and holds true.

Forum Member

Hey Shadez, did Dave ask you about the character reference letter?

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Hey Shadez, did Dave ask you about the character reference letter?
    No he did not.

Thread Information