Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:02 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

A friend of mine got called to report to commissary as well. He was in my group for medical scheduling too (2nd or 3rd not certain). He had issue with breathing machine, all cleared now.

To answer Dalmation, neither of us are vets
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

Went the 10th hope to hear something soon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I went the 10th as well, hope to hear something soon. Fml, no sleep tonight.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Kind of hard to believe that only one phone call went out to schedule a commissary appointment.
    It kind of feels like they're slipping us the bone.

Why would they immediately contact someone who got cleared of a medical issue to get fitted for uniforms when regular fit people are waiting around twiddling their thumbs.

I really feel for you, and I can now see how this process makes you sick to the point of vomiting. I'm slowly getting there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    It kind of feels like they're slipping us the bone.

Why would they immediately contact someone who got cleared of a medical issue to get fitted for uniforms when regular fit people are waiting around twiddling their thumbs.

I really feel for you, and I can now see how this process makes you sick to the point of vomiting. I'm slowly getting there.
    I think they are way behind on the medicals. My buddy was called last week for a known medical issue and went that day to submit his doctors note. He was told," you should hear tomorrow" he was cleared today. I know Ms. Hammond said if an issue arises, you will be given the opportunity to get cleared. Said they will not hang people out to dry. They always did that in the past as well. After making it this far, and waiting for the years some of us have been waiting it would be a shame if someone was just "dropped" because their cholesterol is a little high. It really is not our fault they took so long to review the medical reports. I agree this process could move faster but we are on their time. It seems, so far anyway, that they are getting to our medical reports by group. Our time will come and one way or another we will hear. Good or bad. I keep telling myself the years of waiting, the rumors, the missed days of work will be done by November 18th regardless if I am in the class or not. I sure hope I am in though!
    airforcefiredawg likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    I think they are way behind on the medicals. My buddy was called last week for a known medical issue and went that day to submit his doctors note. He was told," you should hear tomorrow" he was cleared today. I know Ms. Hammond said if an issue arises, you will be given the opportunity to get cleared. Said they will not hang people out to dry. They always did that in the past as well. After making it this far, and waiting for the years some of us have been waiting it would be a shame if someone was just "dropped" because their cholesterol is a little high. It really is not our fault they took so long to review the medical reports. I agree this process could move faster but we are on their time. It seems, so far anyway, that they are getting to our medical reports by group. Our time will come and one way or another we will hear. Good or bad. I keep telling myself the years of waiting, the rumors, the missed days of work will be done by November 18th regardless if I am in the class or not. I sure hope I am in though!
    I should note that my buddy completed his medical in early September. I agree they could be calling others while they are waiting to clear thos with issues. Maybe they are. I really don't know. I don't think we have anything to worry about. But it is a patience trying process. Lol

Forum Member

Doh wide awake.. hope today is the day

Forum Member

Is Final Processing done in groups or is it a one shot deal for the whole academy/class?

Forum Member

^one shot, the whole class..

JMH
    Forum Member

How long is that processing day? Is it a few hours like the other times or is it an entire day.

Forum Member

With the size if the class they want, I would say at least 4 hours.

Also want to add that if they plan on doing a short notice FP all the commissaries/uniform fittings should be complete. I think this is why everyone here is kind of starting to worry

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I went the tenth also, haven't heard anything. Keep looking at my phone, trying to will them to call me. I have been sick as a dog since Saturday.
    I keep on playing in my mind Ms. Hammond telling us that if something was wrong with our medicals we will hear back in three days.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Has anyone who did their medical before 10/10 not been called?

Forum Member

Seems like all the calls are coming after 3pm..

Forum Member

I was there on 10/10 as well. Haven't heard a thing.

Forum Member

Just got the call today, I had LASIK on the 4th of October and took my medical the 10th, so I need to have my eye doc clear up some paper work and sign off. She said the possibility of someone getting in this class before me is likely due to the fact they keep sending files to personnel from medical while they wait to clear me. I have to get them the original signed off paperwork they just faxed to my doc to them and that should be by tomorrow, which is good because the CFD doc is out after tomorrow until next tuesday. AHHHH this blows because my only hold up was an elective surgery!
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-30-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Just got the call! Commissary On Monday. Ugh, finally..
    Shadez, nbsmith28 and JMH like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Just got the call! Commissary On Monday. Ugh, finally..
    AHHHHHHHH I hope I get cleared tomorrow by medical for this stupid LASIK stuff so I can join you!

Forum Member

I'm so happy that I'm finally getting off this roller coaster. Been a long time since processing started in '09. Dino, get it in ASAP and I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Btw, I asked her how many more calls she has to make, "lots" is what she replied. I'm sure it's all good for everybody who's taken Medical thus far.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

So we know that fp won't be Mon then. If people got commissary appt. That day, she say when it would be?

Forum Member

13 Vasich plaintiffs have completed the hiring process and will be entering the academy in November. There are at least 5 others who should also be extended offers for this academy class. Although 18 may not sound like a huge number, this is historic. To our knowledge, no CFD academy class has had anything close to this many women since Harold Washington was mayor. We also have an additional 40+ women in the hiring process for the first class in 2014. Someone just passed this info along to me and now I will start to praying that they will have a 3rd class because i am still waiting on B.I. to call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    13 Vasich plaintiffs have completed the hiring process and will be entering the academy in November. There are at least 5 others who should also be extended offers for this academy class. Although 18 may not sound like a huge number, this is historic. To our knowledge, no CFD academy class has had anything close to this many women since Harold Washington was mayor. We also have an additional 40+ women in the hiring process for the first class in 2014. Someone just passed this info along to me and now I will start to praying that they will have a 3rd class because i am still waiting on B.I. to call.
    We were told there is a good chance for a 3rd class. Good luck! Hope you hear soon.

Forum Member

I heard 150 for this class. 130, 5 (or less) law-suit, 15 cross-overs. November 18 or December 2, still up in the air.

Forum Member

I spoke with someone today that said their buddy was called today with a file # to report to comessary. Did his medical in sept. and was told by ms. Hammond Nov. 18 was basically set in stone and FP might be held Friday nov. 15.

Thread Information