Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

My investigator said it looks like everyone who passes at this point will get hired.

A CPD buddy of mine said the fire fighters he spoke to at a call Sunday told him they're pushing for two classes before EOY. That didn't make sense to me but I'd they have enough people at this point and the OT they're handing out they'll push out three classes if possible from this group that started in May.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Just got the call! Commissary On Monday. Ugh, finally..
    Awesome!
    Congrats, Bode!
    Sorry for the delayed response. Stupid Blackberry wouldn't let me go back a page.

Forum Member

^ thanks Teddy.. Appreciate it! Ur call is coming bud!

Forum Member

Congrats BODE......about time right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Congrats BODE......about time right?
    Jet, I assume you have not heard anything yet. Stay on them buddy.

Forum Member

No word back yet. Calling again today.

Forum Member

Thanks Jet! Dude, so happy it's somewhat a done deal..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Thanks Jet! Dude, so happy it's somewhat a done deal..
    I like the use of somewhat done deal......

I don't know everyone's situation and maybe a ton of people already have things in motion or not as many people live in the burbs as I think, but if FP is 11/15, how many people are going to have to defer, b/c no way can they establish residence by 11/18?

JMH
    Forum Member

If you have gotten this far and you dont have residency set up or a plan in place then your an idiot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    If you have gotten this far and you dont have residency set up or a plan in place then your an idiot
    could you imagine rushing to get something in the city and move everything and your family only to find out there is a holdup in your medical? or worse, that you've failed completely.

right now for everyone still waiting for file numbers and commissary getting on isn't quite a slam dunk. appointments

Forum Member

That's what I was thinking too. I mean, if you're just some single dude, sure, but if you have a wife and several kids in school and such, you're really going to change your life when you haven't even been told you cleared medical? Most of us have seen this evaporate before, so are quite skeptical.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    could you imagine rushing to get something in the city and move everything and your family only to find out there is a holdup in your medical? or worse, that you've failed completely.

right now for everyone still waiting for file numbers and commissary getting on isn't quite a slam dunk. appointments
    commissary appointments*

damn phone.

Forum Member

^ yep..hence the "somewhat"..been here, done that. When I'm walking in on day 1, then it's real. They can pull the plug at any time..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    commissary appointments*

damn phone.
    Are you saying ms. Hammond called ti set up Commissary but your phone didnt ring?

If so what date did you take your physical?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Are you saying ms. Hammond called ti set up Commissary but your phone didnt ring?

If so what date did you take your physical?
    negative. still waiting.

Forum Member

Phone still hasn't rang here either.. heard today that someone whom went to medical after me got a call.. so who knows

Forum Member

They may be just going in alphabetical order again. I know the group we were in had quite a few different letters in our last names.

Forum Member

Rumor I just heard is FP letters are being sent out the 6th and 7th. Class is a go for the 18th. the next 7 days should be interesting.

Forum Member

That's interesting. Ms. Hammond last said they would not be sending letters and would be calling this time, but who knows. Considering the 11th is a holiday, that seems pretty bold to send out letters so late with FP likely that week.

I'm in Vegas next weekend, could be one hell of a party if I find out I'm in next week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Rumor I just heard is FP letters are being sent out the 6th and 7th. Class is a go for the 18th. the next 7 days should be interesting.
    Not to bash you, but your rumors have been all over the place, last week your rumor said that they were moving the class to dec 1st... I know its helpful sometimes...

Forum Member

Hey guys, I was down at fire Academy South today to turn in my paperwork to clear up my medical that I took on October 10. It took me all of 30 seconds. I did run into Ms. Hammond and was able to ask her a few questions. However I was a little tired because I just got off work and was out for 19 hours straight, so I didn't get out all the questions I wanted to nor did she look like she was in the mood to answer them. I did ask if the November 18th fire Academy was a go, she said that it was. I said is the class full yet? She said the class was not full yet. I asked If I had a chance to still get into that class and she said yes, that I do. And that's about all the questions she seem she wanted to answer. People were starting to come in to sign up for medicals today, it looks like there's another group of guys going today to sign up for medicals. So anyway long story short sounds like there still spots open for the November 18th Academy. I don't know if I'll get into it or not I had to do was turn in some paperwork from my eye doctor about my Lasik eye surgery and the doctor should review it today. It was kind of odd however, she did ask my name, then hesitated, and told me to go to the medical office. It made me think that she knows most of the names that are going to be called in the near future. And if mine was one of them she would've gave me a little more information in regards to the commissary and getting fitted for uniforms however we all know she is very busy and I'm very tired so was hard to read her closely. Long story short whatever's going to happen is going to happen if we get in we get in. Hope this helps, it's now nap time.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Forum Member

She also wouldn't tell me how many people are slated for the November 18 fire Academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Not to bash you, but your rumors have been all over the place, last week your rumor said that they were moving the class to dec 1st... I know its helpful sometimes...
    I have been getting my info from 3 different sources. Two are long time FF'ers and another went in with the last group to go in off this list. So yes my rumors are all over the place. lol

I should clarify my post though. Letters should be in our mailboxes on the 6th or 7th is what I was told.
    bagosoxgo likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    I think I made it to the 7th or so on the vision, the lady said I passed but she doesn't work for CFD, so who knows what their standards are.
    im trying to make sense, you took your medical on the 10th of october (so did I) but you got a call from medical about your vision? I didnt get a phone call, so im assuming i passed. Just wondering if maybe my folder is at the bottom of the pile ... someone has to be the last phone call they make i guess
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

I should clarify my post though. Letters should be in our mailboxes on the 6th or 7th is what I was told.[/QUOTE]

so I wonder if it is possible or likely that some people can or will get FP letters before they get the call to go to commissary...

Thread Information