Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by martz847 View Post
    Dude I'm probably older than you, but I'm not going to get into a ****ing match with you about that. You need to take your '95 news article recruiting else where b/c no one cares about that in here except you and maybe one other guy. Great you contacted someone who is willing do an article on how you feel. It's a great media story...maybe you'll get your picture in the paper and get the fame you have been looking for all these years.

I know guys from my Dad's generation who tested back in the early 70's and didn't get hired because the city needed to hire more minorities at that time and they were well qualified and white. That was even back when it was about who you knew from the neighborhood. This **** is not something new. Get over it and move on. This forum from what I understand is about what is going on with the recruiting process for the 2006 exam. The city is very tight lipped on everything so it's good we have a forum to try and share information. You are trying to get people to talk to the newspapers over a lost cause and one that has been going on since the 70's. You are not the only one or testing group this has ever happened too. Welcome to Chicago.
    You are providing nothing useful to this thread. Big crybaby doesnt want us here cause this is for 2006, blah blah blah

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    You are providing nothing useful to this thread. Big crybaby doesnt want us here cause this is for 2006, blah blah blah
    Dude, get a life, many other departments have hired thousands of guys in the last 11 years. If you are really qualified and deserving you could have gotten on with one of them. Leave these guys alone and cry up your own thread.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Dude, get a life, many other departments have hired thousands of guys in the last 11 years. If you are really qualified and deserving you could have gotten on with one of them. Leave these guys alone and cry up your own thread.
    You asked you anything. How about STFU?

Forum Member

You asked you anything. How about STFU?
    You show yourself to be a class act and man of action. It is a wonder you are not a Department Chief somewhere with your go go attitude.
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Yeah, and I am not about to get into a ****ing match with some yahoo that I wasn't even talking to in the first place.

Forum Member

Yeah, and I am not about to get into a ****ing match with some yahoo that I wasn't even talking to in the first place.
    Seems the guys that started the thread were not talking to you either tough guy.
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

Whatever, your useless. Since this is a public forum you or anyone else for that matter can't tell me what to say. Tough guy. ewww so scr'd now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outlet05 View Post
    Joey,

I'm not trying to start an argument with you, nor is what I am about to say an attack on you at all, I am an '06 guy but I agree with what Heavy and CFD are doing. They are fighting until the end, no matter how grim the circumstances are there is no shame in fighting until the end, personally I feel that never say die attitude is something that many firefighters have and should have. You yourself mentioned that you only care about yourself getting on the job, why would you think they should have a different attitude about that?
    I agree with you i dont care if they call a newspaper. I don't agree that these guys are deemed the providers of all correct information. I don't agree that everytime someone comes on here and provides information for the '06 testers on THE '06 FORUM they feel the need to tell us how we are wrong and how they know everything. CFDCandidate why do you have to get in a ****ing match with me and everyone. I'm not starting a fight with you man so calm down cause your making yourself look bad on here really you fight with everyone. You guys REALLY should start another forum you could gather more guys feeling they got cheated and get a circle jerk goin'. I don't understand why people get offended that i could care less that they get on. How would cfdcandidate,heavy69, and ANYBODY ELSE GETTING ON HELP ME!?! I want to get on the job but if i don't guess what I have this thing called a back up plan. Should have got one of those in '95. I know it was a DECADE ago but i'm pretty sure they still existed then.

Forum Member

i'm done hearing about the '95 list guys sorry but i could care less
    Last edited by JoeyT1986; 06-19-2007 at 05:01 PM.

Forum Member

Joey, you can go screw yourself like you do just about every night. I do not fight with everyone on this board, yourself and a couple other jerkoffs is all. You are a little whiney bitch and as I said before and and say it right now, I feel sorry for any Company in Chicago that gets you. You are only interested in your benefit and well being and screw everyone else. You are a little boy that has a lot of growing up to do. You have no freakin clue what any of us do for a living, so stop it with the backup plan b.s. I don't need to be CFD. I certainly hope your not either, because Chicago has enough assclowns, they don't need anymore.
    Last edited by CFDCandidate; 06-19-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Forum Member

First, let's not make this a battle between the '06 and '95 guys. JoeyT, nobody was "jumping" on you. I was telling you what my opinion is from what I (and many firefighters) have gone through. Joey, you are always throwing out "I heard from this guy" info. I'm saying if you look back, most of it has not been accurate. WHY, because no one really knows what is going on except some hiring ups (and they may not even be sure). I know this board works partially on rumors/secondhand info, but 95% has been innaccurate. I've done it myself, I know. But that is why I went through the trouble of posting the facts from the lawsuit, to help weed out some of the "disinformation". Let's not start a big '95 vs. '06 flaming, alternative info is not "jumping down your throat".
    Aircrew, I see what your saying but this isn't entirely the same thing. This is public taxpayer funded job, not a private sector. Plus, usually when people go through the process, there is a job there at the end of the tunnel. Not everyone gets the job, but some at least have a chance.

This was written later, since I was still finishing the above info. JoeyT, you are something else, how can any of the guys out here either on the job or '06 support this guy. Everybody has a guy in the crowd like JoeyT that says he knows this guy or that guy. Or who brags I have this certification and this training, BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Truth is JoeyT, you are the guy who all the group laughs at for being an idiot. You talk and everyone shakes their head and rolls their eyes. Other guys, even the ones clammering for the '95 guys to STFU, I respect for just being honest - I see their point. You, I don't get one bit. Just remember that it wasn't the '95 guys who beat you up as a kid. Who are we to "tell you how it is"? The whole point was to tell you how processing was since we went through it, as did the firefighters on the job. Never got hired (and won't I'm sure), but did go through processing in the CFD TO COMMENT ON IT. Playing "kiss ***"? You have been the most abrasive, selfish, jagbag guy on this site. God help the house and firefighters unfortunate enough to get you. Also, when will people realize that this thread isn't just about '06, but what happens to the '95 guys. Some guys here have tried to turn this into an US vs Them mentality. Our beef isn't the same as the lawsuit. Give us some leeway for trying and sticking up for ourselves. If we don't get on, no hard feelings to the '06 guys that do. If we do get on, then the '06 guys will still be right there and won't have long to wait.

JoeyT, you keep talking about us thinking the job is "owed" to us despite the fact most have written otherwise. The job isn't owed, but some closure is. Most here from '95 and '06 just want answers from the city/CFD. Once I get them (either through hiring, official notice, whatever), I move on. Meanwhile, I don't NEED this job and actually have a good job. Firefighter is just something I would like to do. Once they start hiring the '06 guys, the '95 guys are irrelevant to this thread. I'll still post here, but not to bust balls. I don't claim to be the provider of correct info. If I give facts (like how long processing to me or court info), I say it. If I give opinion, I say it. I never said you were DEAD wrong on September, just some reasons why it is unlikely - that is called a COUNTERPOINT. It doesn't have to be an argument.

Forum Member

Wow, I thought something big happened with all these new posts but just a bunch of bitching!!! In my opinion the '95 guys have added alot of useful info to this forum and its more about the current CFD situation and not only about the '06 guys. I say put the '95 guys in the academy while they process us '06 guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    Wow, I thought something big happened with all these new posts but just a bunch of bitching!!! In my opinion the '95 guys have added alot of useful info to this forum and its more about the current CFD situation and not only about the '06 guys. I say put the '95 guys in the academy while they process us '06 guys.
    Bigern79... thanks. However, I just heard some info and it isn't going to happen. I'll take this as my "official" word for the '95 guys. For all the 2006 guys, good luck. You should be getting your ticket punched soon. I'll stick around the boards if anybody has some processing questions (Hey, I'm still good for something, right?). If anything, I hope the process opens up a bit for you guys since we all deserve a little honesty. Hang in there and do NOT move into the city or quit your job until you know for sure.

Forum Member

i dont understand why you would say "i feel bad for the house you get on" because why? because i am sick of hearing about your plans to write a newspaper? yes that going to make me a horrible firefighter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1986 View Post
    i dont understand why you would say "i feel bad for the house you get on" because why? because i am sick of hearing about your plans to write a newspaper? yes that going to make me a horrible firefighter.
    I think what Heavy is trying to say is "I' and "me". You get into a firehouse it wont be long before the guys know what your about. Many times you've talked about "I", "me" and "all I care about is me". I'm a 06' guy with a number like your's and I know that if I worked with a guy that only cared about himself I would be worried and watch my own back because he sure the hell isn't. I'm not saying your a bad guy but when you get on the CFD change the attitude before you get a bad rep.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1986 View Post
    CFDCandidate why do you have to get in a ****ing match with me and everyone..
    u do the same thing.........

Forum Member

we need to just get along and stop the useless posting.

the 95 guys need to know whats going on with low numbered 06 guys, just as much as the 06 guys need to know whats going on with the 95 processed guys. somebody will eventually find out something. so whats wrong with a 06 guy relaying info that they got a postcard (it hasnt happened), or a 95 processed guy saying something they're getting put into a class (it hasnt happened)? it helps BOTH test takers get a better grasp of what is going on with their respective test.

why cant we all agree that EVERYBODY is getting screwed. the processed 95 guys could be half way through the academy by now, and the first couple hundred 06 guys could have been started in processing.

Leather forever

Quote Originally Posted by heavy69 View Post
    Bigern79... thanks. However, I just heard some info and it isn't going to happen. I'll take this as my "official" word for the '95 guys. For all the 2006 guys, good luck. You should be getting your ticket punched soon. I'll stick around the boards if anybody has some processing questions (Hey, I'm still good for something, right?). If anything, I hope the process opens up a bit for you guys since we all deserve a little honesty. Hang in there and do NOT move into the city or quit your job until you know for sure.
    heavy69, Thanks for the info. What is it you actually heard?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I think what Heavy is trying to say is "I' and "me". You get into a firehouse it wont be long before the guys know what your about. Many times you've talked about "I", "me" and "all I care about is me". I'm a 06' guy with a number like your's and I know that if I worked with a guy that only cared about himself I would be worried and watch my own back because he sure the hell isn't. I'm not saying your a bad guy but when you get on the CFD change the attitude before you get a bad rep.
    there is a huge difference here. I am saying i don't care if someone else gets on the job that doesn't get me on cfd any quicker. you all would be lying if you said "i hope so and so gets on" because guess what that person could be stopping you from getting on.
    Last edited by JoeyT1986; 10-20-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Forum Member

Default Answer to gfdtrk1

I'm not trying to pull the old, "I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy". CFD and Glyn, you might know what I'm talking about, but we are done. That, I can live with, and I know I won't be getting that info in any official capacity from the CFD or city. It's been a fun ride, to say the least. I'll be glad (I think) to at least have the story told. Either way, I'd have to say the 2006 boys did get screwed at bit too. I know two guys on the list with low numbers that would have been in the 1st or 2nd class that are now 38. Just another reason for those here to at least question the powers that be on the whole process. Again, good luck to all and I hope they don't string people along any more than they already have.

Glyn/CFD/others email me to clarify this. Thanks.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to the 9 firefighters killed in S.C. To the guys on the job, sorry for the loss of your brothers. It kind of puts in perspective how trivial the arguing has been on this thread.
    Last edited by heavy69; 06-20-2007 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Firefighters killed

Forum Member

heavy, sent ya an email...

Forum Member

Default To CDF

CFD,

I didn't get it. Just try heavy6969@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Default Sham

Quote Originally Posted by heavy69 View Post
    I'm not trying to pull the old, "I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy". CFD and Glyn, you might know what I'm talking about, but we are done. That, I can live with, and I know I won't be getting that info in any official capacity from the CFD or city. It's been a fun ride, to say the least. I'll be glad (I think) to at least have the story told. Either way, I'd have to say the 2006 boys did get screwed at bit too. I know two guys on the list with low numbers that would have been in the 1st or 2nd class that are now 38. Just another reason for those here to at least question the powers that be on the whole process. Again, good luck to all and I hope they don't string people along any more than they already have.

Glyn/CFD/others email me to clarify this. Thanks.

Also, my thoughts and prayers go out to the 9 firefighters killed in S.C. To the guys on the job, sorry for the loss of your brothers. It kind of puts in perspective how trivial the arguing has been on this thread.
    "I know two guys on the list with low numbers.... that are now 38". Those low numbers are due to the SSN#. The ranking system for the 06 test is another legal sham. A candidate ranked 4000 has a better chance of getting on the department than a candidate ranked 30. Why? I'll tell you why. SSN# are like VIN#. Take for example, Chevy's. The first Chevy is born in 1970. Each car produced receives a VIN#. The first being 000-00-0009, The last number, born exactly 21 years and 1 day before the 06 test, is 999-99-9999. A police officer can look at a VIN# and interpret what year the car was built. The same goes for SSN#'s. The better your number is on the 06 list, the older you are! With the SSN# ranking system in play, I guarentee, numerous candidates with low numbers will be kicked to the curb, due to age, and fed to the wolves. The City of Chicago wants younger firefighters and their wish will be granted. Most of the first 3000 candidates are 30 years of age or older. Most of those first 3000 candidates will get screwed due to age not drugs, physical fitness, academics, or background checks. This is fact. Ask your two buddies what their last four numbers are on the SSN# and both of those numbers will be extremely close. Find someone who is ranked 4500 and their SSN# will be in left field compared to your friends. Just looking out for you guys. Good luck and be prepared. Ashtray.

Forum Member

Default Tribune article

Here is today's tribune article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=2&cset=true

Not much new info for those on this thread. Just a few of department spokesman Larry Langford's "mistatements" from the article include:

(1) - "There is an expense involved in that (notification), and if you are aware the new list is in and people are starting to be pulled from the new list, you can make the deduction you are not going to be called." - what kind of statement is that? What "expense" is there in actually having someone answer the truth to a phone call. As of yesterday, nobody in the city has an answer. Also, they haven't started to pull people from the new list yet so I guess we ('95) people better not start "deducing" just yet! Think about the crap this guy is spewing. Even if you are tired of the '95 woes, you still are going to possibly be screwed over by the lies and not have people called to the table for them. No matter what group, you/we deserve truth/accountability since it is ultimately our tax dollars.

(2) - "Candidates from the 1995 list were summoned for processing last year to ensure adequate staffing in case legal or other problems delayed use of the 2006 list, Langford said"
    (3) - The department was clear that there was no guarantee of employment, Langford said.

- Really, we were hired as "insurance"? Anyone who went through this process will tell you that aside from the 1st letter (which said something about "not a guarantee of employment", there were people telling you you WILL get hired. The question was asked specifically by people, especially in the early classes/testing and captains/proctors/etc. at those stages said you will be on, "Just don't do this or that to screw it up". Also, we were there in case delays in 2006 hiring, than why not hiring in Nov. 2006, Feb. 2007, etc. when the 2006 list was "delayed" (actually by the city itself)?

(4) "We always overbook a little bit" - Again, with the '95 test, the '85 test and the one before it, processed people were not left out. People were still left on the lists, but a whole group of processed candidates were not left out. Once processed, it is a guarantee of the ACADEMY, not hiring (unless background/drug/medical failure) and has been for years.

(5) Full processing is about $475 per person. Anyone who has been through the process can tell you this is an understatement. The cost of mailing out letters, the personnel, lab costs, utilities, etc. with having the Academy open for weeks to do just the abilities test, the other drug tests on ALL the other visits, the stress test personnel and lab results, the CFD investigator's cost (aside from the assistance from the State Police). I'm sure you would need a FOIA request to get accurate numbers, but $475 is low.

Like I said, I'm sure some are tired of hearing about this. But it does directly affect you newer guys going forward because you will be subject to the lies also. Instead of going like lambs to the slaughter, some need to question and get the truth out. Maybe, just maybe, this will force them to change some policies to help you guys out. Hopefully, at least, it will knock some of the boldness/audacity out of higher ups like Larry Langford to make a statement like he did on our "notification" (or lack thereof). Again, good luck to the 2006 guys. Hang in there and feel free to ask question (to me and the CFD!).

Thread Information