Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 420 of 557 FirstFirst ... 320370410417418419420421422423430470520 ... LastLast
Results 8,381 to 8,400 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    OK, I wanted to try and get as much info as I could, so I just got off the phone with Ms. Hammond. She confirmed that our random assigned numbers mean nothing at this point. She said as time goes by and people either fail portions, delay on getting paperwork in, or just choose not to continue, they will form a class with the people that are on point with stuff. She said those who were in FP years ago are in no better of a spot than the person who came in this week for the first time since they took the test in 2006. She said that there will be people in this first class that may have been in final processing, as well as someone with a 25** number who just started the process this week. We are just one big pool of people that they will be making a class from.

This kinda changes things for me, because it seems like it is still all like winning the lottery, no rhyme or reason who will make it in this first or even second class...it is just all up in the air
    Pretty much. That's why I said you could be the first to get in the first class or the guy just missing it by 1 person. Only you know your personal situation. I'm glad you called Ms. H. I was going to post this morning that you should probably call her if you had any questions or doubts. Maybe she could at least make your decision a little easier to make. Sounds like she did that for you. Good luck buddy!
    Last edited by Shadez; 05-15-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Forum Member

Anyone have Mrs. Hammond's #? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    Anyone have Mrs. Hammond's #? Thanks
    Direct- 312-746-6971

Forum Member

Don't call her, she had asked if you have ?'s to email her at keyanna.hammond@cityofchicago. org

Let the waiting begin...

Forum Member

Who are we??????

Forum Member

I'll save Ms. Hammond a call and ask you guys- did anyone inquire about the reference letters? How long do they have to be? Do they need to be in a sealed envelope? And can they be typed? I'll email her if needed but thought I'd ask you dudes first

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    I'll save Ms. Hammond a call and ask you guys- did anyone inquire about the reference letters? How long do they have to be? Do they need to be in a sealed envelope? And can they be typed? I'll email her if needed but thought I'd ask you dudes first
    This exact question came up in my group. They can be as short as a few sentences or as long as a few paragraphs.....either way.....just no multiple page novels.

Do not have to be in sealed envelope...im using my landlord (shows fiscal responsibility), instructor from my EMT course (academic), and boss from one of my PT jobs (work ethic)

Forum Member

Thanks? Are you just having them type it out and then sign or what?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Yep....typed,signed, and dated

Forum Member

Forum Member

Sorry, accidentally sent that twice

Forum Member

What are you guys doing about rent receipts? My landlord just typed up a word document with the rent amount, dates, and his phone #. It looks very unofficial, but not sure what more he can provide. Any thoughts?

Hell, go spend the few bucks it costs and get him a receipt book and fill out the amount you need and have him sign them. Better to make it more official than unofficial.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    What are you guys doing about rent receipts? My landlord just typed up a word document with the rent amount, dates, and his phone #. It looks very unofficial, but not sure what more he can provide. Any thoughts?
    I'm not sure how you guys pay your rent, but I pay by check, so I'm just bringing the cancelled checks, which I can print off Chase.com.
    bagosoxgo likes this.

Forum Member

What are your guys thoughts on this. I randomly get mail at my parent's address, though I have never lived there. It's always junk mail, so somewhere I must be on some list at that address, possibly because I'm sure when my parent's moved out of the house I grew up in, they did a forwarding and maybe that's why. Anyway, I'm just worried that address is going to show up on my residence history and they're going to grill me for not putting it down or think I'm hiding it since it's a suburban address and my actual address is a city address. Any thoughts? I'm sure I would have a chance to explain it, but just don't want the headache and am not sure if I should put something in the packet regarding that address.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on this. I randomly get mail at my parent's address, though I have never lived there. It's always junk mail, so somewhere I must be on some list at that address, possibly because I'm sure when my parent's moved out of the house I grew up in, they did a forwarding and maybe that's why. Anyway, I'm just worried that address is going to show up on my residence history and they're going to grill me for not putting it down or think I'm hiding it since it's a suburban address and my actual address is a city address. Any thoughts? I'm sure I would have a chance to explain it, but just don't want the headache and am not sure if I should put something in the packet regarding that address.
    This question came up on my processing day. I actually have my moms address on file with the city (at time of written, still lived at home). Just explain you use it for mail.....mail at my residence isnt always reliable so i kept my moms address with the city as active because her mail delivery is more reliable than mine. You wont be grilled about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    This question came up on my processing day. I actually have my moms address on file with the city (at time of written, still lived at home). Just explain you use it for mail.....mail at my residence isnt always reliable so i kept my moms address with the city as active because her mail delivery is more reliable than mine. You wont be grilled about it.
    Yea, but you actually lived there at one time and you have to list everywhere you ever lived. I have never lived at this address, so not sure if I put it there b/c I'm obviously on some list as living there or if I leave it off, b/c I have never ever lived at that address.

Forum Member

Also, does anyone know a good way to run a work history? The SSA requires you to fill out and mail in a form and pay a fee and who knows how long that will take and the IRS is free but requires a form and mail in and says it could take up to 45 days. Most of the websites I have looked up seem to be for employers and you need an account and such. Lots of websites to run a credit or criminal check, but seems tougher to find a work history.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Yea, but you actually lived there at one time and you have to list everywhere you ever lived. I have never lived at this address, so not sure if I put it there b/c I'm obviously on some list as living there or if I leave it off, b/c I have never ever lived at that address.
    Gotcha.....i misunderstood. Since it's asking for where you have lived, and if you never lived there, dont put it on. If it does come up, a simple explanation (as you provided) should do.

Thread Information