Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 426 of 557 FirstFirst ... 326376416423424425426427428429436476526 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Forum Member

I believe I gave original last time cause I had to get new ones anyway. I don't understand what's the deal with original anyway. I have never given original to any place including sheriff or state police.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I don't understand what's the deal with original anyway. I have never given original to any place including sheriff or state police.
    Probably to make sure you're not lying about your age, but I could be wrong.

Forum Member

Guys, the letter i got just says to bring in 2 certified copies of your birth certificate, u dont need the original.

Forum Member

Since it has the stamp/seal, a certified copy is technically an original, Otherwise it would just be a copy.

Forum Member

I hate to speculate about the hiring order, but I mentioned a couple days ago that the order in which we came in will be followed. It seems to make sense since the medical, background, etc will be scheduled for those who arrive to the first dates.

This whole thing with the SSN's doesn't add up because they would have used them in an orderly manner for the preliminary processing phase. What do you guys think?

Forum Member

Something I was thinking about is if we need to have cpat done by Aug. 1 or whatever date they give us. How are we going to give proof that we did? Will we have to go in again to show card and **** test again?

Forum Member

My proof of CPAT is in plus the BI..it's sad we have to do this all over again and still no guarantee since it's a "sprint to the finish". All the classes that went in before followed the hiring process and went into the next class. It's unfortunate that the process has no standards and it can change at any given time. The best job in the world with a laughable and circus hiring process. Sue me.

Forum Member

They should take a copy of your cpat card while we are there this time..also I don't know how it can be a sprint to the finish. There's a way we can't figure out.. I am a fp guy I went on wensday last time.

Forum Member

They have my CPAT copies already..im a FP too but that doesn't matter nor does last digit of social..the whole hiring process that they hired and had classes for is changed. My guess is they'll pick names out of a hat i guess..jk. There were guys in my group last time in that were on their first day of processing. I don't know how they're doing it, i don't know if there's anybody with a number as low as mine that feels slighted about this round of processing..I am in 1100's and was next to a 14,000 last round and he has just as much of a chance as me???

Forum Member

It is seriously a really uneasy thinkingabout this pprocess

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    Since it has the stamp/seal, a certified copy is technically an original, Otherwise it would just be a copy.

No, it is not the same thing. "Technically" , Last time i checked, the word "original" has a completely different meaning from the word "copy". There is only 1 original & it is the one your parents were issued when you were born. You can get a certified copy from a Currency Exchange depending on the county in which you were born. They just dont want you bringing in a copy from Kinkos.
    chigo23 likes this.

Forum Member

last time i went i saw guys had a green sheet and i think a yellow or orange sheet, i was looking at
    my green sheet and it said #c8802-0001 i fall in that range of #1000-2088,
    who had a yellow or orange sheet, can you post what kind of number range it had
    might not be mean anything just wondering.

Forum Member

So just got back from my girlfriend family BBQ. Met her Aunts boyfriend who is an instructor at the Quinn. He said classes looking like Nov 1st and March and march 3rd. He also said they are moving up a Lieutenant class from OCT to Sept to give the instructors time to get everything ready. He said they called so many of us this round, because they are expecting 46% failure on the CPAT. Just passing info along.

Forum Member

When is the earliest anyone is reporting back? I'm scheduled for Monday the 10th, anyone going the week prior? Was pretty pumped to see the letter show up to my actual address this time.

JMH
    Forum Member

Think June 7th is the first day.
    I report the 13th (which I believe is the latest and I went the last day originally as well)

Looks like only 5 days of people reporting this time around, versus 6 last time.

I'd love to know some numbers on how many people didn't move forward because the **** test

I'll be there on moday as well Dalsh. I thought I read a couple guys say they had to go in on the 7th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I'll be there on moday as well Dalsh. I thought I read a couple guys say they had to go in on the 7th.
    We were both there on May 8th, so makes sense. I noticed you sitting in your car at SUFD and thought I recognized you from processing, but wasn't 100%. I knew we were day 2 of the initial processing, just hadn't seen anyone post the 7th yet.

I really hope this November rumor is true instead of October 1

Forum Member

Hate to throw another wtf wrench in, but my buddy had orientation on May 14 and his next step letter is June 11. I had orientation on May 9 and next step is June 11 also. At least I can get a ride there

Forum Member

My buddy was a May 14th guy and he is reporting at 9am on June 10th...

Thread Information