Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluechicago View Post
    Blue here. I had to change my username for whatever reason.
    Glad to see your alive. Congratulations. See you Thursday buddy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    Glad to see your alive. Congratulations. See you Thursday buddy
    It's been hard to stay off here.. The uncertainty has been palpable. Glad it seems to be coming to an end for us.

I'd like to add that alternates received letters Friday/Saturday as well. Theirs read "congratulations - you've been selected as an ALTERNATE for the November 18th firefighter EMT class"

If you go back a few hundred pages you'll see that was the case for other classes as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluechicago View Post
    I'd like to add that alternates received letters Friday/Saturday as well. Theirs read "congratulations - you've been selected as an ALTERNATE for the November 18th firefighter EMT class"

If you go back a few hundred pages you'll see that was the case for other classes as well.
    Time to make the donuts....
    bluechicago likes this.

Forum Member

Harry - check your PM
    Last edited by bluechicago; 11-05-2013 at 05:40 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

With all due respect, and I sincerely mean that, coming from someone who has their family all but up rooted and moved into the city at the drop of a hat and did not get a letter......I do not know how you could not have some sort of plan in place to relocate your family, especially if you were in one of the first medical sign up sessions. I would truly hate to see someone lucky enough to get the Nov 18 class end up getting removed for any reason

Forum Member

233wacker, check your PM if your watching please. I think might have accidentally sent it twice.

Forum Member

Hey everyone, I just noticed an apartment for rent just down the street for me in Avondale. PM me for details....

Forum Member

So I have an odd question, my wife is a notary so I was just gonna have her notarize my paperwork. Is anyone aware of any laws or policies against notarizing paperwork like that for family members ? She's pretty new to it, but is pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roche17 View Post
    So I have an odd question, my wife is a notary so I was just gonna have her notarize my paperwork. Is anyone aware of any laws or policies against notarizing paperwork like that for family members ? She's pretty new to it, but is pretty sure there's nothing wrong with it.
    If you are even a little unsure i would play it safe and have someone else do it. Banks usually notarize for free for its members.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

233wacker, check your PM one more time. last time, I promise.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

Forum Member

flagged for medical, obviously not in this class since the roster is set and the alternates are picked. hopefully i clear this up quickly and get one of the slots in the next class.

god bless the lucky '13.

JMH
    Forum Member

Question for guys going in for FP tomorrow. Are you guys faxing over that indebtness form ahead of time. On the bottom of the page it says to fax over, but then they tell us to bring in with us for FP.

Forum Member

My assumption regarding the letter is that we are to bring it and the CFD will be faxing/submitting to revenue to verify, so hopefully you are all smart enough, but make sure you don't owe anything to the city, even you suburban guys that might have a random parking ticket hovering out there. This is the website to search for that:
    https://parkingtickets.cityofchicago...rchTickets.jsp

As for the notary, it is fine for family or friends to notarize a document for you, legally speaking. The only time it is not allowed would be if they were involved in the transaction for example, you were selling a house to your brother and he notarized the deed.

See a lot of you guys tomorrow.

JMH
    Forum Member

Thats a great share, Thanks...I have been looking for something like that to check to see if I had anything floating around.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    flagged for medical, obviously not in this class since the roster is set and the alternates are picked. hopefully i clear this up quickly and get one of the slots in the next class.

god bless the lucky '13.
    Were you just notified today?

Forum Member

negative. called/was called/went in on monday. silly reason. obviously disappointed.

hope everyone going in gets their EMT done in no time.

Forum Member

negative. called/was called/went in on monday. silly reason. obviously disappointed.

hope everyone going in gets their EMT done in no time.
    dhKSHDKasdjlASJDLsjdl;D
    Last edited by chigo23; 11-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Forum Member

haven't gotten that far. waiting on some medical records which will take 7-10 business days.

Forum Member

haven't gotten that far. waiting on some medical records which will take 7-10 business days.
    Sorry to hear that ffemt, get this taken care of and get in there this spring!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    My assumption regarding the letter is that we are to bring it and the CFD will be faxing/submitting to revenue to verify, so hopefully you are all smart enough, but make sure you don't owe anything to the city, even you suburban guys that might have a random parking ticket hovering out there. This is the website to search for that:

As for the notary, it is fine for family or friends to notarize a document for you, legally speaking. The only time it is not allowed would be if they were involved in the transaction for example, you were selling a house to your brother and he notarized the deed.

Thanks Dalsh appreciate the help. It took me a while to google it but I did find it and you're right it does say it ok unless it's like your example. See you guys tomorrow.

Forum Member

Hey Dalsh,

Regarding parking tickets…..do you think that if a ticket is in the process of being contested that it might hold me up? My sister-in-law got one while driving my van recently, and she's contesting it. So, do you think it would be better to just have it paid off or does it matter since she's contesting it?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Good luck tomorrow guys! I'll be thinking of ya!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Dont know who said it "2ndgencfd - you are bananas" lol. I completely agree with you though. I've been quiet a few days because I had to calm down and back away from this ****. It was literally driving me insane. Sorry for the craziness guys. =P anyways, i'll take what I can get at this point and I Ms Hammond just called me and told me to report to FP tomorrow morning. I am an Alternate for the Nov 18th class or a definite March 2014 candidate. All medical issues are cleared up now. phew. Thank you lord!!! Sorry again for acting bat-s h i t crazy for a while. Hope it was understood where I was coming from though. See alot of you tomorrow.
    sdASDasdASDasdASD
    Last edited by chigo23; 11-08-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 06:45 PM.

Thread Information