Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #10801
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default

    AJG and Kozone, when was your BI done? Had mine a little over a month now and haven't recieve medical call yet, just wondering. Thanks

  2. #10802
    AJG
    AJG is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Mine was just completed last week, guy came down to my apartment on the 29th

  3. #10803
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    do u live un the city ajg?

  4. #10804
    AJG
    AJG is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    yes i do...

  5. #10805
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuphoxay View Post
    AJG and Kozone, when was your BI done? Had mine a little over a month now and haven't recieve medical call yet, just wondering. Thanks
    My background investigation started three weeks ago it took just under two weeks to get cleared .

  6. #10806
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuphoxay View Post
    AJG and Kozone, when was your BI done? Had mine a little over a month now and haven't recieve medical call yet, just wondering. Thanks
    I'm in the same boat. Investigator came on a Saturday morning and I talked to him the following Friday, he said he turned in my file that day. Haven't heard for medical. Could have been another week, it was around the time I got married so it was a blur. Been staring at my phone trying to will it to ring.

  7. #10807
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    question for the thread..are any guys on here taking a per workout supplement like NO explode? was curious if this is something I should worry about with drug testing. I'm assuming its ok to take, but just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

  8. #10808
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    question for the thread..are any guys on here taking a per workout supplement like NO explode? was curious if this is something I should worry about with drug testing. I'm assuming its ok to take, but just curious if anyone has any experience with this.
    Your good. There's no band substance in that stuff. Check out informedchoice.Org

  9. #10809
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Ur good on the drug test. I would stop taking it 48-72 hours before your medical. Nitric oxide supplements are vaso dilators and will cause blood pressure, EKG abnormalities. Just another thing that will need to be cleared up, and delay things.

  10. #10810
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    ok thanks

    Chicago23 thanks for sharing the funeral home website too haha..I found the correct website though

  11. #10811
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    ok thanks

    Chicago23 thanks for sharing the funeral home website too haha..I found the correct website though
    Lol sorry about that bro.

  12. #10812
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Chigo, so I take it that you were one of the two alternates that did not get in that were at FP? No clue how many people didn't get an appointment for the Commissary, such as myself, but if you didn't and you have to get your stuff from them, make sure you get down there and I would suggest you try and go early. If a bunch of people try and go in there Friday without appointments, I would bet they turn some guys away.

  13. #10813
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Chigo, so I take it that you were one of the two alternates that did not get in that were at FP? No clue how many people didn't get an appointment for the Commissary, such as myself, but if you didn't and you have to get your stuff from them, make sure you get down there and I would suggest you try and go early. If a bunch of people try and go in there Friday without appointments, I would bet they turn some guys away.
    No, I'm unfortunately not one of the alternates, but thanks for looking out. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next class. I'm bummed, but at least I'm still in the process, and another 3-4 months is nothing in the great scheme of things.

  14. #10814
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    The more I read this thread the more I pray for a third class.. It seems like a lot of people who hoped for class 1 are being bumped to 2. I just got called for a bi less than two weeks ago :/

  15. #10815
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I pray for a third class.. It seems like a lot of people who hoped for class 1 are being bumped to 2. I just got called for a bi less than two weeks ago :/
    I think that's the hope for most people, and it's possible given the capital investment if enough people make it through BI. Especially with staffing supposedly short and how long it takes to administer the written from the time it's given, then get results, then assign RANs, and begin processing which has been a break neck process right now, that looks like 12 months minimum.

  16. #10816
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Yea that's true. Every background check. Drug test. Medical exam etc costs the city money. They wouldn't be wasting money on us if they weren't planing in hiring more

  17. #10817
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    No, I'm unfortunately not one of the alternates, but thanks for looking out. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next class. I'm bummed, but at least I'm still in the process, and another 3-4 months is nothing in the great scheme of things.
    Gotcha, was just assuming based on you saying 2ndgen may have taken your spot. There were 5 alternates at FP, 3 of them being given a spot during FP, so thought you were one of the 2 that did not get it.

    Anyway, you're correct, 3-4 months is nothing and if you haven't heard from medical, I assume you passed and you should be good to go once you get the call.

  18. #10818
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Double Post

  19. #10819
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Gotcha, was just assuming based on you saying 2ndgen may have taken your spot. There were 5 alternates at FP, 3 of them being given a spot during FP, so thought you were one of the 2 that did not get it.

    Anyway, you're correct, 3-4 months is nothing and if you haven't heard from medical, I assume you passed and you should be good to go once you get the call.
    Ya i probably shouldn't have said that about 2ndGenCFD because I don't know if he did or not. Lets hope so about medical.

  20. #10820
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Hey KOZONE any updates from thurs?
    How many people were there with you

  21. #10821
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDhopeful View Post
    Hey KOZONE any updates from thurs?
    How many people were there with you
    There were 50 guys no girls the first medical a start dec 3 but they still say 2 more class and feb 18 ish should be next one

  22. #10822
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    94

    Default

    So is this academy class really starting tomorrow, or did it get pushed back again? Haven't heard any comments about it lately.

  23. #10823
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Starts tomorrow 11/18

  24. #10824
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Good Luck to everyone starting tomorrow. Work hard, listen, pay attention, do what you're told, help each other out, and above all, don't quit. This job ain't what it used to be (and I've only been on a few years) but it beats digging ditches, and you dont want to lose it over something stupid. I hope you all make it and again, good luck.
    Pinkus526 likes this.

  25. #10825
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Good luck to everyone today. I haven't been on in a while due to being busy with work and other stuff. I am starting to get concerned as I haven't heard a single thing since I passed the CPAT in the summer. What was it, late June or July? I am starting to wonder if I should just start looking elsewhere or in another field or something. Is anyone else in this boat? One that had passed the CPAT on Chicago's dime and not heard a thing afterwords, that is.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 12:02 AM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 09:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 08:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 11:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 10:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register