Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 434 of 552 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434435436437444484534 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by airforcefiredawg View Post
    Those numbers were the test number way back in 2006. They number the test and that is what it was on the letter we received with our randomly assigned number out of 17,000. Nothing to do with our SSN's. hope this helps.
    Yes, good call. Googled that number and the first thing that comes up is the 2006 exam announcement: http://www.publicsafetyrecruitment.c...terEMTexam.PDF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I have a feeling us firehous'ers represent a small portion of the candidates for CFD
    I'm really surprised that out of all those candidates, very few come in here and post. It seems all the responses in this forum are between the same 10 people. I'm assuming a fairly large amount of candidates just come in here and read.

Forum Member

Well boys and girls, off for one final landing checklist to make sure everything is in order for tomorrow.

Forum Member

Just great.....just realized my landlord gave me a copy of my current lease renewal....not actual lease. Gotta tear the house apart now.....ARGH

Forum Member

Done my CPAT yesterday and it was rough. If you have not practiced w/ a 75# vest then you can train on the stair climber til the comes home, you still wont be ready. Done mine at 5pm and I was #26 out of 27.
    Im still sore today. Saw a couple guys nearly fall off the stair climber. I passed, it was rough. Someone said to just muscle through, and that is the best advice, dont stop. Catch your breath when you are walking to each course. Done a 10:02, so I still had some time left. My biggest mistake was thinking that they will tell you when to start each course, they dont. You just begin when you get there. Also grab the dummy under the arms, I was in such a rush that i grabbed him by the straps and that was heavier. Should just take a second and grab him under the arms, it would have been easier. When i was leaving, it seemed like they had an orientation class going on. It was like a motley crew. There were some females in the group, and I honestly done know how they will pass
    the CPAT. IF the average female weighs 140#, how is she going to carry half her weight, IDK, but i wish them good luck.

Forum Member

Thanks for the recap Bago, congrats, and I agree about the women. If they pass, no doubt, I will be confident that they are in great shape. I was thinking about how the women suing and getting this CPAT in place will no doubt make the CPAT a CFD requirement forever. Not that it wouldn't have been anyway and not that it shouldn't be, but potentially the women suing though sucks for us in the pipeline has probably made things better for the future of the CFD and ultimately made the future tougher on women, so with that being said, I don't want women to fail, but want qualified FF, so with that, just giving a positive spin to all this, b/c can't change it, no reason to dwell on it, lets get this!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Thanks for the recap Bago, congrats, and I agree about the women. If they pass, no doubt, I will be confident that they are in great shape. I was thinking about how the women suing and getting this CPAT in place will no doubt make the CPAT a CFD requirement forever. Not that it wouldn't have been anyway and not that it shouldn't be, but potentially the women suing though sucks for us in the pipeline has probably made things better for the future of the CFD and ultimately made the future tougher on women, so with that being said, I don't want women to fail, but want qualified FF, so with that, just giving a positive spin to all this, b/c can't change it, no reason to dwell on it, lets get this!
    Well said about the future women classes. The lawsuit females have really done a number on future female cfd hopefuls, albeit a fair and deserving one. Also, has anyone gotten back from processing today? What's the scoop?

Forum Member

Were you guys able to get all of your previous landlord's numbers, addresses, etc. This has been the biggest challenge for me on this packet. Luckily I have 4 days left

Forum Member

Processing done for today.....next step please!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Were you guys able to get all of your previous landlord's numbers, addresses, etc. This has been the biggest challenge for me on this packet. Luckily I have 4 days left
    My biggest issue was knowing all my past supervisor and co-workers names, numbers, etc, but I just left some blank, no way I can find out some phone numbers of coworkers from 10 years ago.

Forum Member

Processing done for today.....next step please!
    Any indication on next step or if we are moving in any particular order?

Forum Member

Lajdflajdf;lajdf;lajdsf;ladfsk j
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-09-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Any indication on next step or if we are moving in any particular order?

I have a feeling/hunch the order is in how you were called for preliminary - saw almost all the same faces today at preliminary processing day one. Think it has to do with ss#.

Alot of things to do - ****, hair, photographed, fingerprinted, turned in background info, signing up for cpat.

Hold on to your hats....think this is going to move quick - oct/nov first academy.

Forum Member

kjhskjahsfkhsflkahsflkjahsfkl

I have a feeling/hunch the order is in how you were called for preliminary - saw almost all the same faces today at preliminary processing day one. Think it has to do with ss#.

Alot of things to do - ****, hair, photographed, fingerprinted, turned in background info, signing up for cpat.

Hold on to your hats....think this is going to move quick - oct/nov first academy.
    Last edited by chigo23; 06-13-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Member

Well they are going to have to get hair from my armpits. Lol. I am bald as a cucumber.

I heard from my buddy who was there that we are down to 750 out of 1400 already.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Well they are going to have to get hair from my armpits. Lol. I am bald as a cucumber.

I heard from my buddy who was there that we are down to 750 out of 1400 already.
    I am sure the number is even lower because when I was there on the last day they told my class room 744 came in total. After the pee test I am sure we lost a small amount. The odds are getting very good for us if we get thur all the steps.

Forum Member

The last digits of my ss is #9 and i was the last to second class last month. I go back on tuesday. Im still confused with the guy who said his last digit was #8. IDK ... hopefully having my CPAT done already moves me up...

Forum Member

How many came with cpat in hand today do you know?? I go Monday and the last of ssn is 9. Was final process as well.

Forum Member

Seemed VERY FEW had cpat done - out of my group (approx 40) myself and maybe three other guys had CPAT done.

What did the dates look like to signup for the CPAT?

Thread Information