Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdwaiting View Post
    Good luck to everyone today. I haven't been on in a while due to being busy with work and other stuff. I am starting to get concerned as I haven't heard a single thing since I passed the CPAT in the summer. What was it, late June or July? I am starting to wonder if I should just start looking elsewhere or in another field or something. Is anyone else in this boat? One that had passed the CPAT on Chicago's dime and not heard a thing afterwords, that is.
    I am in the same boat passed my cpat and am still waiting to hear from by b.i.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I am in the same boat passed my cpat and am still waiting to hear from by b.i.
    It sucks a lot. Hopefully we get our call soon.

Forum Member

So, I spoke to Ms. Hammond today. Apparently I was mailed a packet back in the first part of the year. I never got it. She said that had it been received and turned in, I would have started with the class that began yesterday. Anyone else have a similar problem? I am begging to get back in the process (not sure where the packet ended up) but I am obviously behind people that have passed a lot of stuff. Is the stuff that you guys have done so far able to be done to one person or a small group pf people or was it largely group stuff where the infrastructure isn't going to be set up for just a few stragglers.

Forum Member

She couldn't confirm anything else because the system was down.

Forum Member

Nuphoxy have you heard from medical yet? I had my bi done two weeks ago and haven't heard from them

Forum Member

Did BI a month ago, still waiting for medical. Bilyboy were you the guy with the broken foot during CPAT. I was talking to you at the table. Any one hear how the class is going so far?
    Last edited by CFDhopeful; 11-20-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Forum Member

Hmm I was thinking maybe we should email or call ms hammond to see what's up?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDhopeful View Post
    Did BI a month ago, still waiting for medical. Bilyboy were you the guy with the broken foot during CPAT. I was talking to you at the table. Any one hear how the class is going so far?
    That sure was me I was nuts to think I would be able to pass the cpat on a foot that still hurt when I walked on it. Once my foot healed I passed but I waited and had the city pay for me to retake it. My b.i. Just called me yesterday afternoon.

Forum Member

I left several VM and emails the past fewweeks and nothing. I don't want to end up being "that guy" so I'll be patient. If you have any luck, give us an update.

Forum Member

I have a feeling I'll have the same luck.. Maybe we didn't pass bi?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDhopeful View Post
    I left several VM and emails the past fewweeks and nothing. I don't want to end up being "that guy" so I'll be patient. If you have any luck, give us an update.
    I feel like they're probably taking a breather once they had this class filled. Had my medical exam on Oct 31st, and still have yet to hear anything, and I'm almost positive they're going to want a Dr.'s note from me...

Forum Member

I think things are going to start moving again because I got my call from b.i. Yesterday and she stopped by my house today.

Forum Member

You live in the city bily?

Forum Member

So guys who are in the academy, how's it going? How many women are in the class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    You live in the city bily?
    Yes I live in the city

Forum Member

I have a feeling that the guys in the academy have been told to stay off these forums. It seems very unlikely that nobody would have given an update by now unless that was the case. Sucks for us, cause I know we all want to know how things are going. I have a buddy in there right now, so I will see if I can dig some info from him and relay it to everyone

Forum Member

I heard a guy give weekly updates on what was going on in the academy on this thread it should be a few hundred pages back. He was in the last class before the lawsuit class if you find it let me know what page it's on.

Forum Member

Interesting rumors about Zbikowski on fire side chat...
    http://www.boards2go.com/boards/boar...63&user=dune23

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    Nuphoxy have you heard from medical yet? I had my bi done two weeks ago and haven't heard from them
    Still waiting

Forum Member

Nice find on the zbikowski article. Funny stuff. Did you read the updates, the last which says that he's out?? ****ed hot on day 2. That is ridiculous if true

Forum Member

Hey all, I've been following this post on and off since the beginning and instead of trying to uncover all my questions myself I figure I'll just ask. I understand that a class just started but I'm just curious as to what number aprox was this class up to? Also I understand that there are a bunch of peopel currently in the process and/or waiting for the next class to start and if anybody has the aprox what number this includes. Also are there enough people playing the waiting game to fill another class or two. I'm an 01 and it seems that if another batch of interest letters was sent out I might be included ( I know long shot and don't have hopes up, just wishful thinking).Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graft View Post
    Hey all, I've been following this post on and off since the beginning and instead of trying to uncover all my questions myself I figure I'll just ask. I understand that a class just started but I'm just curious as to what number aprox was this class up to? Also I understand that there are a bunch of peopel currently in the process and/or waiting for the next class to start and if anybody has the aprox what number this includes. Also are there enough people playing the waiting game to fill another class or two. I'm an 01 and it seems that if another batch of interest letters was sent out I might be included ( I know long shot and don't have hopes up, just wishful thinking).Thanks.
    Sounds like there will be two more classes of 150

Forum Member

Sounds like there will be two more classes of 150 out of the group currently processing. When I scheduled medical in October she said they might do one more group after this.

Forum Member

My suspicions were right, we won't be hearing anything from guys in the class. That is coming from a friend of mine who's in there right now. Going to get very quiet around here

Forum Member

Seems that a few of the instructors down there were following this thread leading up to final processing. They let it be known to everyone that they were aware of all the talk that went on this forum. They might even know a few of the candidates who were posting on here beforehand. all the big talkers that were on here are now probably trying to fly under the radar at the academy. They might be scared to post in fear of retribution(more up and overs, or something to that extent).

Thread Information