Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 556 FirstFirst ... 338388428435436437438439440441448488538 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 11109
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Forum Member

Do you receive the conditional offer upon passing the BI or medical?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    ANother thing, I've spoken to over a dozen friends of my dad and uncles who are all on the job. SOme haven't seen a Daley Day in over 18 months. In other words they're getting overtime like they've never seen before. Our little 150 class in november then another in feb/march isn't gonna make a dent in the overtime. So expect overtime right off the bat. This is a matter of IF we will get hired this time, but HOW SOON! My hope won't be up til im in the academy, but i'm no dumby this time around, they're going to hire us. I'd be willing to make whatever Size wager on it.........BODE???
    Good points and perhaps Bode is just snakebitten, which is understandable since we have all been through this, but I can second knowing guys on the job who are working plenty of OT and the city essentially has to hire people, b/c they are short and it isn't like guys aren't still retiring because the city is short. If they're not hiring, they are constantly getting more and more short due to a plethora of reasons.

Forum Member

For those of us that have been here before, dont get hopes up too high until u walk thru the academy on day one. I agree with BODE on that, but I dont agree with his way of going about typing it or being a ******. lol. Just sayin man. Youre posts are serious debbie downer bs sometimes. Lighten up and enjoy the journey. If it turns out we get ****ed in the *** again, bitch about it then, afterwards. Until then, stand tall and be proud to have made it this far in the process AGAIN!. I've been doing this since JANUARY 2009....i got a conditional letter of employ,ent for the August 17th 2009 class and then a few days before got another letter saying SORRY, due to budget we cut the class to a smaller size. So trust me when I say this, I know how it feel to get ****ed by the City with NO LUBE and a condom made of Sandpaper. hahahaha

On a much better note, my personal update, I was there on monday, i was in the Yellow Paper Group. Asked a bunch of questions to anyone in uniform. NOVEMBER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER is all i heard the whole time about a class. I even asked Keyanna Hammond before leaving, "since the deadline is pushed back, does that mean the academy is also?" her response what something along the line of "as Santiago says, god willwe WILL have a class in November".

Next phases of processing for those who dont know.....IAD Background Investigator will come to ur house and ask u guestions about your record if you have one, verify residence, etc...You pass that, then its Medical. CFD outsources the med exam to a place downtown where u do a blood test, vision test, hearing test, and a stress test on a treadmill to measure heart rate and vo2. If you guys are eating crappy or drinking alot, NOW is the time to cha ge your nutrition. High cholesterol or blood pressure could bump u back to the next class. Anyways, after the medical is done then its just waiting for Final Procesing.

So hope that helps some of you out.
    Do you recall if the vision test included a test for color blindness?

Forum Member

For the guys wgo got through medical last time- do they request a medical history from all of our doctors we've ever been to? Or do they base everything off of results from their own tests? Just curious if we'll have to track down old docs, pharmacy prescriptions, etc

Forum Member

I hope we get on. Period. Man up dreamers.

Forum Member

2ndGen..a journey, sure but not a fun one. I too was supposed to be in the last class. Enjoying it im not. You might enjoy the journey of going over and over the same ol shiit with nothing in return. I don't. It's not going to be worthwhile til we get in. That's IF (caps) we get in.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Was sitting next table over from ya!
    I was sitting at the table next to you guy too. The table infront of te picture dude.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Member

Forum Member

Nah just saying im right there with you in terms of processing and when i started and whatnot. Im a "79" as well..

Forum Member

Forum Member

Lol.......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    For the guys wgo gotcha through medical last time- do they request a medical history from all of our doctors we've ever been to? Or do they base everything off of results from their own tests? Just curious if we'll have to track down old docs, pharmacy prescriptions, etc
    Reposting. Anyone know?

Forum Member

No medical history from doctors last time, only q&a about your health but that was long ago this time might be different we wait and see.

Forum Member

The Journey of getting f.u.c.k.e.d has not been fun. I have a lot of resentment and animosity towards CFD for how they've done us....hiring freeze, lawsuit with the minorities, lawsuit with the women, and more than anything, Daley stepping down. NONE of this would've happened under his watch. BOTTOM LINE. BUt it is a journey of becoming a Chicago Fireman that is a dream of mine and many others on here. This isn't a JOB for me, it's a life. This job is in my blood. My father, 3 uncles, and 2 cousins. But just being given the OPPORTUNITY to have won the "lottery" to take this journey AGAIN, i am grateful and will enjoy it. Being optimistic til the i get f.u.c.k.e.d. over again is the way I have to be. Otherwise I'm just another BODE. You sound like u want the job, and it means a lot to u to get it. But i wonder where ure heart is for this. Is this just a "job" or is it a dream and a life like the majority on this thread. I'm not arguing with you at all brother. Just stating what I'm reading thru text in a forum. "I'm no saying, but I'm just saying"......
    I agree with Bode, there is just too much premature talk going on, my belief is that there shouldnt be talk about pay, vacation days till your officially in. I would love to just ask what time does the classes start and end so I can begin to think about what I am going to do with my kids but wont ask the question till I am in. Made it all the way to background in 2009 and then just dead silence. So it is frustrating. Doing the math, there were 4 groups of about 110-120 that came in this week, so that brings the grand total to about 480. I dont know if the females count but if they do that would be 580. If they are going to start just two classes that mean about 280 of us will not make it. i can only guess that 80 wont make it due to the hair test, medical and just cant pass the CPAT, so that may mean that 200 people dont make it. I will personally wont be doing any premature celebrations til i get that letter.

ALso I personally dont know anyone who is on the CFD, let alone have any family members, so this job does not run through my blood. But that wont stop me from trying to be the best FF/EMT, to be a sponge and soak everything up as much as I can. To be a fly on the wall and listen and learn as much as I Can. I dont understand questioning someone's heart, (unless you personally know them) but when i was in the navy, i saw guys out there who parents served and were not worht a sh%%.

I would LOVE to get this opportunity but I am not going to beat myself up, if I dont. I did all I could, knowing that the only thing that I did was pass a test where 30% of the people I didnt and be fortunate that my last soc ended first in the lottery (where now that really doesnt mean anything anymore). To be honest, I would love to get the job because of the pay, but that doesnt mean that I wont work harder, train harder than everyone else. IF I get on, my heart will be in it, no doubt about that.

Forum Member

Did we ever get confirmation from anyone on here if there is processing today or not? I'm grateful I wasn't assigned processing today, would be tough with that Hawks game last night.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I was sitting at the table next to you guy too. The table infront of te picture dude.
    With Jet or with me? You there Friday or Monday?

Forum Member

Another thing I just thought of from processing Monday. During document collection, Ms. Hammond asked if anyone in the room was 37. There was nobody in my group, but I found myself wondering, if so, would they be pushing them through to the front of the line? Did Ms. Hammond ask this in all of your processing and if so, was there anyone that was 37 in any of your groups?

Thread Information