Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

AJG
    Forum Member

Yeah I took mine Dec 4. I got flagged a couple of weeks ago and i was told I just needed to have my Dr. sign a form clearing me for work. Did that and faxed it to them last week Monday. Emailed and called to see what's going on...no reply

Forum Member

Do you know if personnel called or medical division?

Forum Member

Question for the guys in the academy right now, with the Dominick closed where do you guys park at now?

Forum Member

Any updates?

Forum Member

Anyone from Feb 19 final proc pick up their uniforms yet? Wondering how long you were down there and if you have any suggestions on other things to pick up there.

Has anyone heard anything at all since Feb 19? Not that you would really want to hear from them right now. Lol.

Seems quiet in here.

AJG
    Forum Member

I haven't heard anything since I dropped off my medical release form. I've called multiple times and email since then....Can't get a single reply

Forum Member

Hey fellas, congrats to all who have made it! Its been a while since I have visited this thread. I tried to go back and find what number the list is up to but there has been a lot of activity lately with all the hirings. my number is 37XX. Any help is appreciated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Briggs11 View Post
    Hey fellas, congrats to all who have made it! Its been a while since I have visited this thread. I tried to go back and find what number the list is up to but there has been a lot of activity lately with all the hirings. my number is 37XX. Any help is appreciated!
    Im not sure what number they are up to, but I'm almost positive there are people with numbers in the high 3's who made it into the current group processing because of their military preference. So if they decide to process another group from the current list which I heard they might , i'd say your chances of getting called are pretty good.

Forum Member

to the guys that just went thru final processing, did they give you guys a start date for the academy and did they mention anything about a third class any info will be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Our start date is March 17th. There wasn't anything mentioned about another class from any personnel dept people, but I did hear other guys who were there saying that they heard about another class so that is definitely the rumor flying around. As far as when, I'd assume it would have to be within the year, if they plan on having another test this year.

Forum Member

We will have to wait and see if more people start getting calls for medical after this march class starts I would assume there is a third class. However I've been hearing rumors of a possible 4th class. So I'm pretty confident in a third class this summer

Forum Member

I head in the past week that they want a medic class also before June because medics are so short.

Forum Member

thanks blaze, i took my medical in late December and haven't really heard anything which i suppose is a good thing in a way

Forum Member

If that's true lightandfight then u should be getting a letter to start that process bc I'm number 50 or 60 on the medic list

Forum Member

Ha, my number was like 800+ on medic list but def not complaining now. After I took my medical, I heard no further news until getting my final processing letter. If you haven't been contacted after the medical, that is a good thing for sure

AJG
    Forum Member

Is there anyone who took their medical and not heard anything back? I took mine early december got flagged had to have my dr sign a release form a month ago and haven't heard since. Tried calling and emailing Ms. Hammond, no reply

Forum Member

im in the same boat ajg, took my medical in late dec haven't heard anything yet

Forum Member

Hate to say it but right now the third class is just a rumor. I guess the good thing is, if it turns out to be reality, for those of us left, we're close to the finish line.

Forum Member

There is going to be a third class..,,

AJG
    Forum Member

Yea I spoke to Ms. Hammond she said there was

Forum Member

Hey guys, never posted on here before but I'm commuting to academy and public transportation would take forever. Is there anywhere where I would be able to park my car around the area?, thanks.

AJG
    Forum Member

I use to live in that area in University Village on like 15th n sangamon there's street parking but im not sure if they made it permit parking. I know they were trying to before i moved

Forum Member

Anyone get a call this month?

AJG
    Forum Member

Only call I got was from the medical dept saying they've been trying to get in touch w/my Dr for over a month for my medical records and could never get a call back

Forum Member

Been following this thread for a while. Thought I would update you all. Got my letter to report today in the mail. I'm on the 2011 medic list. Looks like next academy is for paramedics.

Thread Information