Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 441 of 554 FirstFirst ... 341391431438439440441442443444451491541 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

True the contract did expire, but the last contract had a 5 man company agreement until 12/31/2013...which means that even though the contract expired the city could not change manning until 2014. The department wants to get these guys hired soon, because the mayor is going to fight hard for four man companies which would drop the manning. The union is planning to fight hard against this, but like with everything there is a chance they may lose. The department knows that like with the police, if their manning does drop it will be a gradual process through attrition...meaning that the city/department would not lay guys off..they just wouldn't hire until the manpower got down to the four man companies. if they can get these classes in soon, regardless of what happens with manning, they would be able to keep manpower up at least for awhile to 5 man rigs.

Forum Member

I appreciate the insight Goldie

Forum Member

For anyone who hasn't watched.....
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=vODww1qwS uE

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Not sure if link worked....Everyone Goes Home....google it, watch it, and listen

Forum Member

Just to clarify the manning clause expires 6/1/14 not jan.1 then it has to be negotiated also manning is something you can have an arbitrator rule on if it went that far. So it is a long process to take away manning. They can not even talk about it till the expiration date

Forum Member

Does anyone know or can anyone advice as to the dress code for the CPAT orientation? I was told that it would just be an orientation and we will not be conducting any practice runs that day. Mrs, Hammond did mention that every time we go see them for anything we have to be in business attire. I was planning on dressing just like I would for the CPAT but now I’m not really sure.

JMH
    Forum Member

Cpat has nothing to do with the CFD..workout clothes, pants and gym shoes

Just got out of orientation. 25 (4 women) people only. They show you the video we've all seen on you tube, then they show everyone each station and then allow you to put on all the gear and do each station. They also had a SUFD staff member at each station giving tips on how to cut some time where possible at each station. We could stay there practicing until 7:30 if you wanted. The women seemed to be taking advantage of the to time as they should.

The only date left to take a timed practice that would count was August 3rd.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Just got out of orientation. 25 (4 women) people only. They show you the video we've all seen on you tube, then they show everyone each station and then allow you to put on all the gear and do each station. They also had a SUFD staff member at each station giving tips on how to cut some time where possible at each station. We could stay there practicing until 7:30 if you wanted. The women seemed to be taking advantage of the to time as they should.

The only date left to take a timed practice that would count was August 3rd.
    August 3rd. Why so far away? So the city extended the cutoff I assume. Good luck dude. You will do fine.

Forum Member

Deadline is Sept 1st I believe. Just don't stop Shadez, just keep in your head, **** you I'm passing this.

Forum Member

Good luck Shadez.. you can beat this course

Forum Member

Shadez........you got this buddy.

Just keep moving, imagine yourself on an actual fireground. Don't over think it....just do it!

Forum Member

Just wondering of anyone heard anything yet from background

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    Just wondering of anyone heard anything yet from background
    That's a negative. Nothing here yet. I'd imagine they are just sorting out who failed hair/**** test and then we will be getting called.....but who knows.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    That's a negative. Nothing here yet. I'd imagine they are just sorting out who failed hair/**** test and then we will be getting called.....but who knows.
    You got people on the inside make some calls damn it, lol.

Forum Member

I took the CPAT on Monday and passed it! Felt like I was going to pass out. 2 other guys going for CFD were there too. They passed. Some other guy passed out at the second event!! Anyway, I took the CPAT card to Mrs. Hammond. She told me to expect to be contacted by the investigator soon. Not sure how soon does soon mean. I'm exited!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_V View Post
    I took the CPAT on Monday and passed it! Felt like I was going to pass out. 2 other guys going for CFD were there too. They passed. Some other guy passed out at the second event!! Anyway, I took the CPAT card to Mrs. Hammond. She told me to expect to be contacted by the investigator soon. Not sure how soon does soon mean. I'm exited!
    One of my resources was in the clinton office when one of you three that passed the CPAT on Monday went in to turn it in. He was a bald guy/brown skin. He gave me a call shortly after to tell me he saw a guy turning in his CPAT. Wonder if it was you. lol

Thanks again fellas for the encouragement. Looking forward to taking it again.

Forum Member

I am going to west allis to take it tomorrow, I will take that CPAT cert directly to Clinton Street. Good luck all ! I am pumped to get this test part over with... I also signed up with the City but will not be able to test till July 29th, so hope to be done with this tomorrow.

Forum Member

Hey Shadez!! Yea that was me. I wasn't bald till they cut my hair for the drug test. It didn't look right so just cut it all off. You'll do good on the CPAT just don't stop! Honestly I don't even remember hearing te proctor read the events to me. I was just focused on moving forward. That goes for everyone!! And If you get a chance to familiarize yourself with the events go for it. I was waiting for my turn to test and the guy in front of me was asking all these questions. He didn't even know where the ladder events where. He aslo thought it was all left turns in the tunnel. He didn't pass. Good luck Shadez and everyone that's still has to test!!

JMH
    Forum Member

any updates out there? anyone been contacted about background yet? any news on people hearing back from the last set of tests?

Thread Information