Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

That's not neccasarily true ilffpm.. There are a bunch of us who are only awaiting final processing to start fire class.. Last year we started processing in April and first fire class wasn't until November.. The paramedic list need to do physicals. Backgrounds. Medicals. Etc.. Only time will tell what's next

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    That's not neccasarily true ilffpm.. There are a bunch of us who are only awaiting final processing to start fire class.. Last year we started processing in April and first fire class wasn't until November.. The paramedic list need to do physicals. Backgrounds. Medicals. Etc.. Only time will tell what's next
    From what we have been hearing, the next class will be a medic class then possibly a fire class.

Forum Member

If that is the case we might have to redo our cpat because it is only good for one year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    If that is the case we might have to redo our cpat because it is only good for one year.
    If that's the case we'll be starting over from scratch. If they even continue from the same list and don't offer a new written exam.

Forum Member

Has anybody spoken to ms. Hammond about what's going on with the third class?

Forum Member

I go in Friday for further processing at the Academy. I am not an EMT. I took the test in 06, PAT in Jan 10.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeYeah View Post
    I go in Friday for further processing at the Academy. I am not an EMT. I took the test in 06, PAT in Jan 10.
    When did you get called?

Forum Member

Awesome news Joe

Forum Member

I really hope that's true and he's not just trolling. Bc if it is true that's really good news for us all

Forum Member

Forum Member

That's a lot of medics to get and up and running in 5 months. Hopefully we'll see another class for us as well soon.

Forum Member

Is there gonna be a test in 2014?

Forum Member

Went in on Friday. I was one of 4 FF-EMT candidates from the 2006 test. After talking to the other 3, we all did PAT Jan 2010 and had a hiccup in the process since then (missed packet mailing, etc) and were being "caught up" more or less. We were fingerprinted and drug tested. We had all already done our packets and hair tests and CPATs. In addition to us 4, there were roughly 40 Paramedic candidates. We were separated out from them.

Here is what I heard from people working for the CFD. Medics are the priority. They will likely have an academy for medics in August-October depending on how well things go. Looking to hire "at least 100" because of the shortage.

FF-EMT is another story. No one there mentioned anything about an Academy and when I asked a few people directly there were very vague answers.

I hate speculating but there are really only 2 options at this point. 1.) There is another academy in June (as has been rumored) and we'll meet the Medics in their August - October estimated start date for the EMT part (the timing would seem to work out for that) or 2.) There is nothing going on until EMT in August - October. If that is the case it is safe to assume that there won't be an academy this year as the medics are likely to finish around the holiday and nothing will start again before the new year.

I did hear that there will be another academy before the next written test from more than a few people. Maybe even 2. For the 4 FF-EMT there on Friday, we were told to wait for a call from a background investigator, so I would imagine if we hear from one of them soon, June might be a reality.

Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Bilyboy - I missed the packet mailing last May. I was called to report 2 weeks ago.

Forum Member

Thanks for the update Joe, and good luck to you.

Forum Member

If they're still processing that's good news. My godfather mentioned a couple of weeks ago he's working doubles as they're short. Hopefully lining guys up for background and those of is waiting for medical will gets calls soon.

Forum Member

Hello, I Was Wondering If There Is Any One On Here That Is Still Waiting With The Last Social Security Number Ending In 9. Or That Was In The Last Processing Class From The 2006 Testing That Was Going To Starting The Academy In April 2010 But Got Pushed Because Of The 1995 Lawsuit Or Had To Take 2 Physicals "One Was In The Fire Academy & Now Its The CPAT " And Processed 2 Times All Over Again Because It Was 2 Years Later.. And Is There Any One On Here That Was In The C.P.F.T.A Program Class Of 2004 ???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    Hello, I Was Wondering If There Is Any One On Here That Is Still Waiting With The Last Social Security Number Ending In 9. Or That Was In The Last Processing Class From The 2006 Testing That Was Going To Starting The Academy In April 2010 But Got Pushed Because Of The 1995 Lawsuit Or Had To Take 2 Physicals "One Was In The Fire Academy & Now Its The CPAT " And Processed 2 Times All Over Again Because It Was 2 Years Later.. And Is There Any One On Here That Was In The C.P.F.T.A Program Class Of 2004 ???
    I am still waiting and have a s.s. Number ending in 9.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I am still waiting and have a s.s. Number ending in 9.
    Is This Your First Time Processing Or Did You Do It 2 Times??
    I Thought The S.S Number 9's Where Going To Be In The NOV 2013 Or MARCH 2014 Class Because Of The Wait From The 1995 Lawsuit, Its Crazy Because I Heard & Talked To Guys That Are In The Academy Now Who's S.S Number Ended In 0's And 1's.. It Seem Like The 9's Are Getting Pushed To The Side.. But Am Still Waiting For My Stress Test Medical.. Have You Took Your Medical "Stress Test" Yet ???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    Is This Your First Time Processing Or Did You Do It 2 Times??
    I Thought The S.S Number 9's Where Going To Be In The NOV 2013 Or MARCH 2014 Class Because Of The Wait From The 1995 Lawsuit, Its Crazy Because I Heard & Talked To Guys That Are In The Academy Now Who's S.S Number Ended In 0's And 1's.. It Seem Like The 9's Are Getting Pushed To The Side.. But Am Still Waiting For My Stress Test Medical.. Have You Took Your Medical "Stress Test" Yet ???
    So you started processing in April 2013, passed CPAT, met with IA but never got called for medical?

Forum Member

Yeah Still Waiting For My Medical.. Passed My CPAT Test In 2013 JUNE.. Met With My Investigator On Oct 1st 2013. He Called And Emailed Me Saying He Handed My Paper Work In So I Could Get In The Nov 2013 Class, But That Never Happened. This Is My 2nd Time Processing For The Fire Dept In The Last 5-6 Years..

Forum Member

I am still waiting to do medical and this is round 2 for me on processing. Never did medical the first time.

Forum Member

There may have been something that came up in your background investigation that had to be approved. I talked to the investigator who handled mine and they didn't meet to approve until mid January.

Forum Member

I did my medical in March 2010 or 2011.. So this will be my 2nd time doing it.

Forum Member

For interested observers, could someone briefly review the history of the hiring process you all are in and why it has lasted so long?

Thread Information