Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 442 of 557 FirstFirst ... 342392432439440441442443444445452492542 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Nothing.. been all kinds of quiet over here.

Forum Member

Sure is quiet around here fellas... Any news besides the blackhawks?

Forum Member

No news is good news.
    ffdino88 likes this.

Passed the CPAT today with a 9:33 time. Took my copies straight to Clinton and it didn't seem like much was going on down there today.
    pb1847 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats Shadez.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Passed the CPAT today with a 9:33 time. Took my copies straight to Clinton and it didn't seem like much was going on down there today.
    Awesome!
    Congrats to you.
    Did you do it on your own or was it timed practice?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Nice job Shadez! Congrats.

Forum Member

Congrats Shadez!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Awesome!
    Congrats to you.
    Did you do it on your own or was it timed practice?
    Thanks! Did it on my own. I have no clue what I was doing the first time. I must have literally been walking through the damn thing worried about messing up.

I wanted to try it again because I have had a vaca planned for the end of July and returning August 2nd. Last thing I wanted to do was try to attempt this after a vaca and more than likely burnt from the sun.

Forum Member

I found this Facebook page on the Chicago Fire Academy I thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/chicagofireacademy

It doesn't have any info on the process or anything like that but it does look like it has been done by someone within CFD and it has a decent amount of photos from the previous training class. Just something cool to check out.

I also found this pod cast that has a few decent videos of previous training classes.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ll/id277869072
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Forum Member

I'm starting to wonder what happened

Forum Member

I was called yesterday to come in next week and talk to Ms. Hammond. I have a feeling it might be because something is wrong or I forgot to put something in my packet. I am not sure since they only said to bring my ID and it is more/less an interview to further the process. I am a bit perplexed because the only things I did not include in my packet were the things they already have like my SS card, birth certificate and HS transcripts etc. etc.

The second time, a few years ago, I did the packet they called because I had a few differences from my first one. Who honestly remembers months and years they held multiple jobs? Hopefully that is all it is and not some pain in the butt oversight on my part.

I know other people got the call due to the available times to go in and the fact when I called back she thought I was another person she had called. Any updates on what it is about during the week would be beneficial. I can handle my own fast thinking situations, especially when all I need to do is explain the truth, but to know what is going on would be beneficial. Thanks!

and btw, I am not new to this thread as I used to log on under SeditionDP I just can not open that name due to forgotten password and the email linked to it no longer exists.

Forum Member

And happy 4th of july!!!!, be safe we dont want the cfd called for you blowing your face off.

Good luck bro! Hopefully it's just the next step in the process and we hear about others here getting the call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdwaiting View Post
    I was called yesterday to come in next week and talk to Ms. Hammond. I have a feeling it might be because something is wrong or I forgot to put something in my packet. I am not sure since they only said to bring my ID and it is more/less an interview to further the process. I am a bit perplexed because the only things I did not include in my packet were the things they already have like my SS card, birth certificate and HS transcripts etc. etc.

The second time, a few years ago, I did the packet they called because I had a few differences from my first one. Who honestly remembers months and years they held multiple jobs? Hopefully that is all it is and not some pain in the butt oversight on my part.

I know other people got the call due to the available times to go in and the fact when I called back she thought I was another person she had called. Any updates on what it is about during the week would be beneficial. I can handle my own fast thinking situations, especially when all I need to do is explain the truth, but to know what is going on would be beneficial. Thanks!

and btw, I am not new to this thread as I used to log on under SeditionDP I just can not open that name due to forgotten password and the email linked to it no longer exists.
    I am assuming it is probably just the next step. Do you have your cpat card already? I know they said we would hear from the investigators next. Maybe this is an interview with him/her.
    Good luck. Let us know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    I am assuming it is probably just the next step. Do you have your cpat card already? I know they said we would hear from the investigators next. Maybe this is an interview with him/her.
    Good luck. Let us know.
    i am going for my first CPAT "practice" but, yet, still counts test on the 28th this month. I have already had an investigator come to my house years ago and being as my address is the same I don't see why they need to come again. Even if they do, I have a big fat 0 to hide. My landlord is a retired CFD and like I said, I checked out fine before and have kept the same address.

Sorry I have been absent for years but I had a major medical problem. Hopefully it wont hold me back since I am healed now, but I am probably one of the few this last couple years off actually helped. Minus the no insurance that I would have had in 2009 if I got on the first time... plus the paid time off.

Either way, now that I am 100% I will provide what I can and when I can as I did a few years ago. I am just confused as to why I was called if you guys were not. It can not be a good thing. Maybe because I haven't driven in over 2 years and my license isn't valid? I can fix that but Ms. Hammond said that doesn't matter... yet. Again, I will keep you guys up to date incase anyone else needs some help.

Forum Member

Lakdfj;lasjdfl;asjdf;lkasjdf;l ajsdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-09-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Just got called and the lady said "we'd like u to come in to further process for the ff/emt position". Was told only to bring an ID also. I've gone thru this to Final Processing two other times now and this never happened. Wtf man. I'm worried as **** right now. I have to go see ms Hammond. I never saw ms Ghant last time around. Something must be wrong but I can't figure out what.........FML if I don't get this job after being one of the few who did put my life on hold basically for this. Yeah it was a dumb idea, but this is my dream job......not just a job to me. My dad, three uncles, two cousins, countless hs buddies. Wtf man.
    Sounds like just another step in the process. I wouldn't worrry about it. You seem to have all your ducks in a row so I wouldnt sweat it too much.

They told us that things would start moving fast so maybe this is just a way of speeding up the process.

I'm starting to worry that I have not been called yet.
    Last edited by teddyball; 07-05-2013 at 11:42 AM.

Forum Member

Haven't heard a peep

Thread Information