Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

A friend of mine let me know he got a post card from Cfd in the mail on Saturday telling him to reapply. He was never called but was waiting on the list. Anyone who started processing get one?

Forum Member

I got one I'm sure everyone will as well

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    I got one I'm sure everyone will as well
    I don't think it means no third class, I think it is a way of telling you to take the test just in case.

Forum Member

Yea teddy figured the same as you. I signed back up on the first day so I kinda just disregarded the postcard..

Forum Member

That card likely went out to everyone that was on file and under the minimum age.

Forum Member

Just found this thread so Im sharing what I know. Took my medical in early jan. and recieved a call to come pick up a request for another blood test by my doctor due to a high white blood cell count last thurs. The quickest I could get in was yesterday and results were faxed to the medical section today (results were normal). If anything this shows that wheels are turning over there. I too heard from an academy source that there will be a november class. Not sure what to expect next but I also recieved the post card as well on mon. Ive been holding out on paying for the new test just in case I dont need to take it but will if the deadline aproaches with no word from personnel. I also know somebody that was in my group and did his medical the day after I did mine and he hasnt heard anything. What a year this has been, so close to the only thing Ive ever really wanted to be. I hope it happens. Good luck to everyone and I hope to at least someone that this little info is usefull and keeps the hope up.

Forum Member

Hello, I Was Just Wondering If Any One Heard Or Asked HR @ CFD, Who Is Done With There Processing If We Have To Take Are CPAT Test Again?? Because Mine Was Over June 2014 & I Heard Its Only Good For One Year, So If You Took It In 2013 When I Did Yours Is Over Too.. And It Looks Like We Might Have To Do It Over Again To Be Up To Date If We Go In This Year Nov. If Anyone Has A Answer Let Me Know Thanks...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    Hello, I Was Just Wondering If Any One Heard Or Asked HR @ CFD, Who Is Done With There Processing If We Have To Take Are CPAT Test Again?? Because Mine Was Over June 2014 & I Heard Its Only Good For One Year, So If You Took It In 2013 When I Did Yours Is Over Too.. And It Looks Like We Might Have To Do It Over Again To Be Up To Date If We Go In This Year Nov. If Anyone Has A Answer Let Me Know Thanks...
    i haven't heard anything since i was cleared by medical, i would assume they would notify all of us if we needed to update our cpat but who knows?

Forum Member

I agree with cubs. I would hope they would send us a quick email saying we need an up to date coat. But....who knows

Forum Member

Hello Gentlemen.....

been looking at this thread for a few months now after secondary processing someone told me about it so i wanted to say hello.....

I cannot get over how long this process has taken and I thought I had more than enough time however my age limit is seriously coming close to make the 3 class if there is even one...

When I heard the city wanted to convert the BLS ambos I was really excited to not have to do ambo duty however after it passed i realized that might pause hiring for the fire side since they need medics more, plus if they run a fire academy they will lose more medics due to the crossover, so my excitement for no ambulance duty was short lived when I figured out that I might not get the job at all because of it!

But hopefully for me there is still a 3rd academy and they have it sooner rather than later! LOL

Anyhow we will keep our fingers crossed!

Forum Member

Does anybody know when the second class is scheduled to graduate?
    Last edited by racer8; 08-24-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
    a current cpat was not required when we tested like it is now so i think we should be fine, however who knows with the city because i think it has been over a year for me too and I havent heard anything either

Forum Member

Hey gocubs did u ever actually get a call saying you were clear by medical? Did anyone else? If so when?

Forum Member

No call, when I met with the medical director to get cleared he told me that my file was going back to hr and that there was going to be a fall academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman86 View Post
    Hey gocubs did u ever actually get a call saying you were clear by medical? Did anyone else? If so when?
    I was never called and cleared however i had to goto FAS to retake an eye exam and answer a few questions in march and the doctor told he cleared my medical

Forum Member

Ya I did my medical in early January and just got called for some abnormal blood work I had to get re done and get an eye doctors signiture. Most everything was good but no official word one way or another. I kind of would like to know.

Forum Member

9 15......

Forum Member

My assumption is 9/15 is the start date for the next academy? I've deferred twice, this is my last shot, unfortunately I was in a motorcycle accident and can't make that date for the academy due to my injuries. Good luck to guys waiting, I guess I should have sacked up and took one of the last academies. Oh well…

Take care guys, btw I was Truckman111 for those that have followed this thread as long as I did.
    michaelc1978 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    My assumption is 9/15 is the start date for the next academy? I've deferred twice, this is my last shot, unfortunately I was in a motorcycle accident and can't make that date for the academy due to my injuries. Good luck to guys waiting, I guess I should have sacked up and took one of the last academies. Oh well…

Take care guys, btw I was Truckman111 for those that have followed this thread as long as I did.
    That's terrible Dino. Having spent a lot of time recovering from my own, my heart goes out to you. I hope you can recover completely even you aren't able to join the CFD.

Forum Member

I think he ment 9 15 is graduation for the march 17 class

Forum Member

2 more medic classes to go through, don't thinka FF class will go in until nov/dec

Forum Member

Anyone else heard anything from medical lately?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by racer8 View Post
    a current cpat was not required when we tested like it is now so i think we should be fine, however who knows with the city because i think it has been over a year for me too and I havent heard anything either
    well i guess i was wrong i received a post card in the mail today stating a current CPAT was required to be hired by the CFD. since they sent it i am guessing there is still a fall class and they are getting ready?!?!?

there goes $165 for the CPAT!
    Last edited by racer8; 09-11-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Forum Member

Racer when did you do your medical?

Did anyone else get one of the above mentioned post cards?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    Racer when did you do your medical?

Did anyone else get one of the above mentioned post cards?
    Dont remember the date but december last year and i was called in march '14 by medical to go to fas to clear up a few things then the doctor cleared me there

Thread Information