Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 446 of 554 FirstFirst ... 346396436443444445446447448449456496546 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I'm just messing around

Making sure everyone still visits the forum. I was hoping to get called this month for the BI, but I guess they may be waiting for the women like Shadez said.
    Nothing like starting a Friday with a lil' ball busting!

I should have known.

Haha!!! Yea I had my doubts. I was wondering why you didn't post that they called to schedule a visit or anything for tht matter. I told my wife and even she got excited. She said you were wrong for doing that. Lol

I do think they're waiting for the women to get to a certain point before they start calling for BI's.

Forum Member

Way to break the silence in here

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    Just completed my BI. Have medical scheduled for July 25th. Good luck to everyone
    . You just gave me a small heart attack. Lol

Forum Member

So i know im getting way ahead of ourselves here, but ill ask anyway...... the wife was just asking me about going to her parents house in VA. for Xmas this year. lets just say this Nov. Academy actually does happen, and with a handful of us having a CPAT already, we get in it. does anyone know if we just get Xmas day off (on a wed. this year) or a couple days or ...... what ? if you have a source thats gone through this process during the holidays already please ask. thanks

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Member

I pray something starts happening soon. Work is starting to become a pain in ***.

Forum Member

Roche17, I just asked my roommate who was in the Aug 17, 2009 class, and he said that they just give you the actually holiday off. They got Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Day off. He also said that even though you are off from the actual academy, that they had them all do a 5K Turkey trot on thanksgiving morning, and built bikes for poor kids at night after the academy for kids on Christmas morning.

Forum Member

dfjaldsfas;ldfj'akdsf;
    Last edited by chigo23; 07-31-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Anybody happen to here how any of the vasich women are doing on the cpat?
    I haven't heard a thing. Seems plausible that we are in a holding pattern until the city gets their numbers. Just speculation of course. We still have time from now until the projected academy start date. So hopefully we hear soon.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Member

Yuck strippers in Wisconsin?
    jdwaiting likes this.

Forum Member

Trying to forget those days :-)
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    jdwaiting likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I'll admit, I'm a little curious cuz I wastold directly by keyanna hammond that I should expect a call "by next week sometime" when I went in for the drug/prescription thing. BUT, everyone does have until Aug 1st to get CPATs in if my memory serves correctly from one of the first days back when we started processing again. IDK tho, all seems like the usual HURRY UP AND WAIT that a handful of us have done since JANUARY 2009!!!!! Can't believe it's gonna be FIVE F U C K I N G years since I got my INITIAL interest card. Should be coming up on my 4 year CFD anniversary too, stupid budget. UGH! Whatever. Enjoy ur weekend boys. Off to a 3 day bachelor party in northern wisconsin....paintballing, white water rafting, cabins and strippers.....cant go wrong there. =)
    Have fun! I was just in Minocqua a few weeks ago. Great fishing. I don't think I would want to see any strippers from there. Lol.

JMH
    Forum Member

anyone have any idea on how these cpat tests are coming along?

a friend of mine said he was working there one day and it was pretty ugly. he said a bunch of the girls couldnt even pick up the sledge hammer. He said people were just walking off the test without finishing. I believe the day he was there was just trial runs though

curious if people are taking the test yet and how they are coming along

Forum Member

Last time through processing Ms Hammond told everyone that had turned in their CPAT cards already to expect calls within the month, so that time frame has passed, but probably to be expected with what we all have become accustomed to in this process. The deadline for CPAT was initially 8/1, but they were also supposed to sign people up that first day, which didn't happen, so they moved the CPAT deadline back until 9/1. I'm not saying they're not waiting on the girls, but keep in mind the girls have until 12/1, so not really sure why they would be waiting on the girls, but again, who the hell knows.

Couldn't pick up the sledge, that's pretty wild if that's true....it's friggin 12 pounds! Good luck with the dummy!

Forum Member

Anyone have any clue how many of the March 2012 firefighters are still around? How many even graduated the academy? Just thought of it, b/c I was looking at the minutes from the most recent pension meeting and saw some refunds to some FF discharged from that class and was just curious if there were numerous gone or if those guys discharged were in the minority (no pun intended).

Forum Member

The CPAT was not Easy, I am glad I went and took it on my own. I had to take it in Wisconsin, but glad it is done. The women that are taking the CPAT and having a tough time can thank those women that started the current lawsuit. In a way I wish we had to do the CPAT back in 2009 rather than the joke of a physical that we all took.
    I would imagine we will start getting calls this week or next for background checks. I had my background check 4 years ago this month, but because of the "other" lawsuit I am still waiting to get on this job. Good luck, hope to hear that backgrounds are starting soon.

Forum Member

Sure hope to hear something soon.. not enjoying the silence..

Forum Member

Never thought I would say this, but damn. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Thread Information