Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 448 of 554 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458498548 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

If you're white and have testicles, step to the back of the line. They have an agenda, and sadly it comes at the expense of the taxpayer and jeopardizes their safety as well. But, it's beyond my control and won't deter me from accepting the position

Well i'm not white but i do have testicles and i have not been pushed through. Made it all the way in 2009 and back here at it again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    I dont understand why they would be waiting on people passing the CPAT when they already had a nice size group of people who had already passed the cpat. In my class about 15 of us had already taken and passed the CPAT, so if you figure that number would be true then their should be 60 people already. Ms Hammond did say that the people who did take the CPAT already would be moved to the head of the line. I was hoping to have already gotten a phone call. Keep on playing the waiting game, i guess.
    things are still moving forward, albeit not as quickly as some of us would like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    I dont understand why they would be waiting on people passing the CPAT when they already had a nice size group of people who had already passed the cpat. In my class about 15 of us had already taken and passed the CPAT, so if you figure that number would be true then their should be 60 people already. Ms Hammond did say that the people who did take the CPAT already would be moved to the head of the line. I was hoping to have already gotten a phone call. Keep on playi the waiting game, i guess.
    it was just a guess.

could be things were pushed back because they needed the resources to process everyone who had to go in after the drug test and verify scripts. could be they pushed everything back until after august 1st. who knows.

what we do know is things are still moving along in the processing, just not as quickly or definitively as we'd like. i think that things will start falling into place soon.

Forum Member

We've been waiting 7 years, what's an extra month?

Forum Member

Damn, i have been sick and away for the last few weeks. It seems I missed a lot by not coming on to view. To go back a few pages to respond to BODE and such, I am happy you guys are okay with missing out if it comes to it, but my idiot self has pretty much put all of my eggs in this basket. To give a crappy reason as to why, I joined the Carpenter's Union in 2003-4. This market is just great for a carpenter if you couldn't tell, fyi. Now of course I, no longer in the union due to unforeseen reasons and being lied to about some major details that got me screwed over, but I digress. While still being a carpenter, and very little working out, I did pass the CPAT this past sunday on the 28th on the first run. Hell, I didn't even get a warning during the test. I am just shocked to have seen a guy that looks bigger and stronger give up during the dummy drag. Seriously, I weigh about 145lbs.

Now, I suppose the current hold up is due to the drug screen failures, such as mine, and those of us that needed to have the city pay for the CPAT. HOPEFULLY it is only you guys waiting on us and when we are all done with this BS we can move forward as a team. Good luck to all and hope to meet some of you long time posters face to face for once. (remember, I used to go as SeditionDP so I am not new to this forum by any account)
    Last edited by jdwaiting; 08-01-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: changed "group" to team. sounds better

Forum Member

more than i can afford as it hits fall/winter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    We've been waiting 7 years, what's an extra month?
    more than I can afford when this fall/winter comes. damn, sorry if this posted multiple times.

Forum Member

Any kind of schedule changes to this process is nerve wrecking due to what happened last time we went through the process

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    Any kind of schedule changes to this process is nerve wrecking due to what happened last time we went through the process
    Exactly that's why I'm just along for the ride and seeing what happens as far as the CFD is concerned. Not going to put my hope or faith in anything I have no control over. If they come calling, I will be there, but outside of that, everyday is just another day in the life.

Medical Marijuana just passed in IL, maybe you all just need to go get a script for anxiety.

Forum Member

Lmfao..that was awesome

Forum Member

Just passed my cpat this morning. What a weight off my chest.

Forum Member

Way to go awesome

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    Just passed my cpat this morning. What a weight off my chest.
    Congrats! Time to hit the gym harder and get ready for The Quinn.

Forum Member

The only thing I been hitting is Italian beefs and donuts

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Congrats! Time to hit the gym harder and get ready for The Quinn.
    The training continues on Monday and hopefully I will make it to Quinn if not at least I will be in great shape. I am feeling good about the process this time.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    http://www.chicagocurrent.com/databa...MOND-KEYANNA-L

Kind of crazy to see this. No way she makes less than $50k a year.

I've also called twice in the last 2 weeks and both times went straight to vm. Today I asked if she was ina dn they said yes and they'll connect me to her immediately. I asked if I could speak to her and not her vm and the secretary said, of course. Then I was sent to vm. Oh well. Waiting game continues. My original timeline is still intact, i just hate the waiting game tho. Oh well, have a good one guys.
    i called several times with similar results.

where did you get your updated timeline?

Forum Member

Why do you say no way she makes under 50k? This has been discussed before, but all pay schedules are public knowledge. This puts her either at a grade 12 with less than 5 years or a grade 13 with under 3 years in that position. Next grade up is assistant to the commissioner, which she is not, so I believe it.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I suppose u're right Dalsh. I dont remember it being talked about on here. BUt I just think it's insane she has the responsibilities that she has yet only makes $48k. Just seems like waaaaay too much on her plate for such a meager pay. Honeslty, the headaches alone we all put her thru is worst at least a comfortable $75-$80k. Just a personal opinion. Btw, those of u who remember your IAD investigator from before, u might want to google them and see if they're still in IAD as an Investigator. You may be able to reach out to them and try and see whats going on and if they're still your Investigator and when they'll be calling u or coming to see u. Not saying I did or didnt reach out to mine, but it would be beneficial is all i'm saying. Things are moving along as they should be for what I may or may not have heard. ;-)
    Now that's just not right!!!

LOL!!

Thread Information