Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Anyone hear anything new lately

Forum Member

I have heard from two people on CFD that they are putting one more class thur from our list. I am not very hopefull at this point but I just wanted to share what I heard. Keep hitting the gym if you were close maybe you still have a shot at it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I have heard from two people on CFD that they are putting one more class thur from our list. I am not very hopefull at this point but I just wanted to share what I heard. Keep hitting the gym if you were close maybe you still have a shot at it.
    CFD HR sent this email to around 100 people (myself included), apparently they don't believe in BCC. Maybe they're going to hire off of the previous list still, because I didn't sit for the latest test.

Dear Firefighter-EMT Applicant,

In order to be hired as a Firefighter-EMT with the Chicago Fire Department, you must be in possession of a current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card. CFD deems CPAT cards valid for one year from the date of issue. As stated in the CPAT Information Sheet "You will be required to have passed the CPAT less than twelve months prior to starting Fire Academy training."

If your CPAT card has expired, you must obtain a current valid card . You may renew your status at any licensed CPAT facility. You may also submit your CPAT card via email or in-person.

Thank you, Chicago Fire Department Human Resources

Forum Member

Got the same email today. First time ever being contacted by them through email too. I took the new exam and maybe they got my email address from that or something. The email sounds similar to what was received by the guys in the last class prior to being called in for fp. Maybe there's still hope....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
    CFD HR sent this email to around 100 people (myself included), apparently they don't believe in BCC. Maybe they're going to hire off of the previous list still, because I didn't sit for the latest test.

Dear Firefighter-EMT Applicant,

In order to be hired as a Firefighter-EMT with the Chicago Fire Department, you must be in possession of a current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card. CFD deems CPAT cards valid for one year from the date of issue. As stated in the CPAT Information Sheet "You will be required to have passed the CPAT less than twelve months prior to starting Fire Academy training."

If your CPAT card has expired, you must obtain a current valid card . You may renew your status at any licensed CPAT facility. You may also submit your CPAT card via email or in-person.

Thank you, Chicago Fire Department Human Resources
    I have heard that the last class was supposed to be 130 and they settled on 60. Maybe they are going to get the remainder of you guys in a class. Fingers crossed for you guys waiting. Get your CPAT cards up to date asap. They don't send those emails out for no reason. Like with everything else, it's quiet then BOOM, it all happens fast. Good luck!!!

Forum Member

Received the same email, I was part of the last processing group, I didn't take the latest exam

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by gocubsgo77 View Post
    Received the same email, I was part of the last processing group, I didn't take the latest exam
    Any emails regarding you keeping your CPAT up to date would be for the 2006 exam. The city isn't even close to processing people from the 2014 exam. The results have to be processed and what not. We took the test in 2006 and I believe the first class went in sometime in 2008. I think there was a class from the 95 list that went in in late 2006 or 2007.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how long of a time span the last fp group had between getting a cpat update email/postcard to an offical start of the academy?

Forum Member

I also received the email about the cpat. Did all of you guys that got the email already do your medical?

Forum Member

Did my medical in mid jan. '14. Also unless I figured this wrong, from looking at the posts on here it looks like it was about a month from the cpat reminder to fp. Then about 3 weeks after fp, academy start date.

Forum Member

Completed medical early jan 14

Forum Member

I have not had medical.

Forum Member

Anyone know when the current academy class is going to graduate?

Forum Member

Anyone know how to send personal messages on here?
    Last edited by soxsider; 02-13-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxsider View Post
    Anyone know how to send personal messages on here?

Click the mail icon at the top, you'll have to enter the name of the person you want to send to in the form that comes up. Can't figure out what should be the easier way.

Forum Member

Go cubs and bilyboy, I tried to send you a message but your message settings are off. If your interested let me know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
    Click the mail icon at the top, you'll have to enter the name of the person you want to send to in the form that comes up. Can't figure out what should be the easier way.
    Thanks man

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by soxsider View Post
    Go cubs and bilyboy, I tried to send you a message but your message settings are off. If your interested let me know.
    Had to fix my settings, you should be able to send it now

Forum Member

Just signed up to retake my cpat test I will be going next Saturday and the next few Saturdays after that. I hope I am not wasting the 150 I just paid but I am will to take that chance.

Forum Member

I did my medical in January 2014. Had to go back and redo blood in the summer. Just sent my CPAT to both Ms. Hammond and the human resources email we got haven't heard anything back.

Forum Member

Has anybody heard anything about the make-up exam date?

Forum Member

Anyone else hear a rumor of April?

Forum Member

haven't heard anything, scheduled to take the one time cpat hoping to receive more info soon

Forum Member

Good luck with the CPAT gocubs.

Thread Information