Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

i have not heard anything lately.

Forum Member

Just emailed Mrs Hammond my CPAT card.

Forum Member

Do you have to take the CPAT through the city of Chicago? Sounds like this most recent test will not be called for a while... Is there anyone that offer more clarity on the process? As far as I know you take the test then wait for the eligibility list. What's next? Is there an interview involved?

Forum Member

Anyone remaining this deep in processing from that 2006 test had the option to take the CPAT through CFD. Some people did, some took it on their own to get pushed up higher on the processing list. Regardless of method (and payer) we got emails notifying that we need a valid card to start the academy. CFD did not say if they would pay for another round, but some of us are taking the initiative to take it on our own and supply an updated card to HR.

Forum Member

I just took the 2014 exam. I have been looking on here to gain some insight as to what I should expect. So all you have to do is pass the exam and have a CPAT card then wait?? I know there will be a background check and drug screening but no interview as part of the process?

Forum Member

To all of the people on here from the 2014 test that are on a list you have passed the test because you can read. Now you just wait to get called. My advice would be to forget that you even took the test because it could be 2 - 10 years to get a call from the test and you may never get a call. (Most people never do get a call.) All you have to do now for the next 2-10 years waiting is stay in a decent shape and don't do drugs and don't get arrested. Basically be a good member of society and forget you took the CFD test.

Forum Member

I took the test in 06 and took the one in 14. I have been coming to this thread for updates off and on for many years now. I have been looking for specific guidance on the color vision standards for the CFD, but can't find any specific information in regards to my situation. I was hoping that someone who has already gone through the medical screening process with a red-green color deficiency can help me out. I heard from a few people that the CFD does not test for color blindness, but I was hoping that I could hear from someone with the same deficiency that made it through the medical portion. I am still currently on Active Duty with the Navy (6yrs) and depending on the outcome of my lottery number I have to make a tough choice. I know the odds of getting a good number are not in my favor and the never ending process of getting hired lasts years. I am just trying to get as much information as I can so I can make the right decision when and if I am faced with it. My hopes of becoming a third generation fire fighter for the CFD are still alive!

Thread Information