Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 454 of 557 FirstFirst ... 354404444451452453454455456457464504554 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    My guess is if this is pushed until January then there will only be one class and then the list will be done. This is just to satisfy the women's lawsuit. Once they are done a few of us may be filler but thats it.
    Well nobody knows anything, but I will say based on what we do actually know, this doesn't really seem too plausible. The tests are typically announced 6-8 months in advance of being held and then obviously they must create a list and process and hire from that list, which takes another 6-12 months min, then obviously 6 months academy. So personally, I don't really think the CFD can afford to have a 100 person academy and then be good for the next two years (minimum) until they get new FF through the academy from a new exam.

My source seems to agree with you. He said the process goes faster than we all think. He said they'll start processing us in September and the class will start December.

Forum Member

So when I spoke to miss Hammond yesterday she stated there will not be an all women class.. I was sure to display my disbelief of how this has been handled and how we were not given true information about this process yet again. Being lead to believe taking care of our cpat would benefit us moving faster. Don't fail your medical that's all I can say..

Forum Member

what did the medical consist of last time around?

next time someone calls down to Ms. Hammond could they ask for an updated estimate of when the academy class may start?

Forum Member

I'm no longer coming here everyday to see what's going on. News seems to get worse each time I do.
    Shadez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I'm no longer coming here everyday to see what's going on. News seems to get worse each time I do.
    Who you kidding? You're sucked in just like the rest of us. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    Who you kidding? You're sucked in just like the rest of us. LOL

Forum Member

Don't have to repeat yourself. Found out that a friend of a friend(lawsuit), has a home visit for next week. So things are moving towards a class this year and she also told me second class in March

Damn cell phone froze up. Lol

That's great news. This is my favorite roller coaster ride ever. Hahaha

Forum Member

If BI's are being done for women right now, November academy is still very likely. Which one of us will be in it? Who knows? This is a perfect opportunity for higher-ups on CFD to shuffle in some clout babies since the numbers are completely off the grid.

I'm turning 38 in the beginning of December. Might not be in the cards for me, so I am still planning my move to South California. Am I mad? Kind of, but the process has deadened my emotions so much, I learned to rely on myself more, and I have never, ever put anything on hold for the Chicago hiring circus.

Forum Member

Click click click.. as the carts head to the top of the first drop...

Forum Member

I heard from a good source that the men should start getting contacted after the 1st. They are waiting for the deadline for cpat. Also was told first class is still looking good for November.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I heard from a good source that the men should start getting contacted after the 1st. They are waiting for the deadline for cpat. Also was told first class is still looking good for November.
    I definitely think this is realistic and still in play, but not counting on anything, but we shall see. They'll probably call me to schedule my medical while I'm on my honeymoon and then pass over me.....now, that'd be some crap!

In other news, my bachelor party this weekend....CFD won't cross my mind for a second for the next 3 days!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    I definitely think this is realistic and still in play, but not counting on anything, but we shall see. They'll probably call me to schedule my medical while I'm on my honeymoon and then pass over me.....now, that'd be some crap!

In other news, my bachelor party this weekend....CFD won't cross my mind for a second for the next 3 days!
    Three day bachelor party? Sounds like a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Three day bachelor party? Sounds like a good time.
    That's what I was thinking. Live it up brotha!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JR1980 View Post
    Well said BODE! I hate it when people, especially on this forum, talk about how the department owes us "nothing". No other department in this state would treat their "qualified applicants" this way. We are not owed a job, but when a process gets dragged on for years and years, we are owed some sort of an explanation. I have a folder next to me full of paperwork from years of processing that amounts to man hours, money spent, and most importantly an emotional toll. This is a dream job for some and to have it dangled in front of us like a carrot on a string is just disrespectful.
    I wish the citizens of this city were better informed as to all of the hiring practices of this dept. Whenever friends or family ask me about the process, they are always shocked at how secretive unorganized it is. After all, these are tax dollars being wasted in this process!
    My opinion is that we are not owed anything. We chose to apply (didnt know all the politics that went along) and for us that are going through with processing for the 2nd time we chose to go along with it. They are not holding this job for us, any of us can walk away from this if we want but we CHOOSE to stick around. All we did is pass a test and some us were lucky wherethat our SS # ended in 9. Does it suck that this process keeps on getting dragged out? Yes! Is my life on hold? Yes. Do I know where I am going to send my two kids to school this year? NO. I feel bad for the people who have houses in the burbs and have moved or dont know what to do. The way they made it seem in July, they were basically telling you to get a house/apr NOW. I wonder how many people actually did move. IDK, this is just my rant about people ranting, i guess. Its all about the process. If I really wanted to be a FF, I would have gone and got my EMT license and waited til the EMT class opens and apply with them and then cross-over.

And my two cents is calling MS HAmmond or emailing her every other day is a nice way of making sure your file gets placed at the bottom or lost.

Forum Member

^ you can call it what you want..after 7 years of literally being on-call, taking off work, passing everything they've thrown at me over and over again, to get passed over by a reject? I call it bs. We are owed the job. EVERY other class had a process to go through. And guess what, if your number was called, and you passed everything, you were hired. Period. Well I've passed everything twice so far, and paid my own way for CPAT. Why should it be any different. There's a hiring process I've abided by, i passed everything twice. HIRE ME.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    My opinion is that we are not owed anything. We chose to apply (didnt know all the politics that went along) and for us that are going through with processing for the 2nd time we chose to go along with it. They are not holding this job for us, any of us can walk away from this if we want but we CHOOSE to stick around. All we did is pass a test and some us were lucky wherethat our SS # ended in 9. Does it suck that this process keeps on getting dragged out? Yes! Is my life on hold? Yes. Do I know where I am going to send my two kids to school this year? NO. I feel bad for the people who have houses in the burbs and have moved or dont know what to do. The way they made it seem in July, they were basically telling you to get a house/apr NOW. I wonder how many people actually did move. IDK, this is just my rant about people ranting, i guess. Its all about the process. If I really wanted to be a FF, I would have gone and got my EMT license and waited til the EMT class opens and apply with them and then cross-over.

And my two cents is calling MS HAmmond or emailing her every other day is a nice way of making sure your file gets placed at the bottom or lost.
    I agree with a lot of what you say. The thing that bothers me is being told getting or CPAT's on our own would somehow move us to the front of the line. This may prove to be true but hearing that they are waiting for CPATs to be completed leads me to think that is not the case. I wish I would have gone the city route. Now that I really think about it, having the city pay means they have that much more invested in individuals.

Forum Member

Teddy that's not true.. they have much more invested in reprocessing us then there cpat card.. just my opinion

Hopefully they don't get ****ed at the guy who they paid for to take the CPAT but never showed because he got it on his own a month before their CPAT dates in hopes of leapfrogging some folks by doing so.

IMO that was the risk they took by telling people the sooner they got it the better their chances were of moving forward.

Thread Information