Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 456 of 557 FirstFirst ... 356406446453454455456457458459466506556 ... LastLast
Results 9,101 to 9,120 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #9101
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I really don't see more than 1/2 of the women passing the cpat before the August dead line, but by December I am guessing there will be a large number if them passing so I a hope more then ever I get a stop in the first class.


  2. #9102
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Wow I can't type on my phone

  3. #9103
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    After an absolutely ridiculous weekend I return with the following thoughts. Everyone's frustrations are understandable and mostly shared amongst this group. I do agree however that we did sign up for this punishment, like I said, we are all the suckers and it's unfortunate, but we all have a choice, but want it and thus are just forced to deal with all the BS over and over again. I do think some of us will get on eventually and hopefully that is November, but I also think it's crazy to think we all get a spot, but as I have indicated before, hiring from a new test is like a 2 year process, so to think this next class or two in the next half a year is going to be the last one from this list, really has no basis at all. If manning is cut, maybe that flies, but if the union once again holds their own for us on manning, than a need is going to require fulfillment sooner than later.

  4. #9104
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    We all better pray this goes down before contract negotiations. Hoff was the biggest line of defense and he's gone, now magically Rahms boy is heading up CFD. Rahm railroading everything right now and not slowing down. Going from 5-4 man companies could become true very soon. I do have hope bc it is CPD and CFD, and they will stand strong but the teachers union was strong too. Santiago hasn't had much to say on the matter, he's playing it real political. Anyone know why? I hope the union bands together and the reps work their butts off. There's alot of people looking to take from CPD and CFD, well see how much they do. Things are different then they were 5-10 years ago and it's not going to get any better.

  5. #9105
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    77

    Default

    OK, I was hoping I can get some thoughts from you guys on something. I know we are all trying to stay positive, I get it. But I keep hearing people on here say that even if they give a new entrance exam at the beginning of the year, it will be 2 years before they hire off that list. And that there is no way they can just hire one class and be good for the next two years with retirements, promotions, etc etc. This weekend was Aug 17th, which is 4 years since the last class came off our list, except for the lawsuit guys. That class hasn't even been out for a year yet, and only 80-something of the 111 hit the street. So, that means that in 4 years they only added 80-something people, when there was obviously retirements, promotions, etc...and was able to manage. So my question is....why is it so impossible for them to put once class in the academy (regardless if Nov or Jan or whenever) and that be enough for 2 years??? Any opinions???

  6. #9106
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    OK, I was hoping I can get some thoughts from you guys on something. I know we are all trying to stay positive, I get it. But I keep hearing people on here say that even if they give a new entrance exam at the beginning of the year, it will be 2 years before they hire off that list. And that there is no way they can just hire one class and be good for the next two years with retirements, promotions, etc etc. This weekend was Aug 17th, which is 4 years since the last class came off our list, except for the lawsuit guys. That class hasn't even been out for a year yet, and only 80-something of the 111 hit the street. So, that means that in 4 years they only added 80-something people, when there was obviously retirements, promotions, etc...and was able to manage. So my question is....why is it so impossible for them to put once class in the academy (regardless if Nov or Jan or whenever) and that be enough for 2 years??? Any opinions???
    I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe the rate of retirements has increased compared to 4 years ago.

  7. #9107
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Just got called!!!!!

  8. #9108
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe the rate of retirements has increased compared to 4 years ago.
    I believe you are correct Jetguy and Goldie, it's definitely not impossible, anything is possible in this city, but you also have to think about how the longer they hire slowly or not at all, the worse and worse the shortages get, so maybe they have made do right now, but I don't think they can last another 4 years with only having one academy, but again, anything is possible.

  9. #9109
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Just got called!!!!!
    Awesome did they give you a day or let you pick?

  10. #9110
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Calls going out today!!!! Just got called from investigator!!!

  11. #9111
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Jet, what was your original #? And were you called direct or was one of your references called? What was the nature of the convo? And did you have your cpat done already or did you do city sponsored? Btw if you're messing with us, I'm going to punch you square in the ear.

  12. #9112
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I just heard some news they are going to be sending letters out for the next group of people to process after the November class starts the people being called will have a social ending in "0".

  13. #9113
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    CPAT turned in first day of second round of processing, everything turned in and complete.

    Call was the initial BI call - will be contacted further.

    Wheels are definitley in motion.

  14. #9114
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I just heard some news they are going to be sending letters out for the next group of people to process after the November class starts the people being called will have a social ending in "0".
    They are already processing people with SSN's ending in 0

  15. #9115
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Is that an entire new group, or do you mean from this group that ends in 0. The reason I ask is my ss ends in 00 and my number was like 1800.

    If they are sending out new letters for a new group, they will definetly not be scheduling a new test.

  16. #9116
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    I just heard some news they are going to be sending letters out for the next group of people to process after the November class starts the people being called will have a social ending in "0".
    That makes 100% sense. Im a zero.

  17. #9117
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Jet where you a Final Processing guy last time around?

  18. #9118
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Just got called!!!!!
    When they called did the number show up as blocked/unknown, or did an actual phone number pop up.
    Last edited by chigo23; 08-20-2013 at 12:37 PM.

  19. #9119
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    When they called did the number show up as blocked/unknown, or did an actual phone number pop up.
    Actual 312 ph#

  20. #9120
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Hey jet you were fp before right

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts