Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 461 of 557 FirstFirst ... 361411451458459460461462463464471511 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,220 of 11121
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    My buddy just had a visit from the investigator. He was told he was part of the first batch to be called outside of the women. Not sure how many more will be called. He was called only yesterday. Dude is not a liar so I trust him 100%. Not sure what this means for the rest of us. Also, the investigator told him he personally only had three more names to call.
    The way I interpret it is that if each investigator only has a couple phone calls left to make, and if you haven't been called yet, unless one of those couple remaining calls has your name on it. At this time, RIGHT NOW were not being considered for the November class. But don't worry if this is the case it is no were near final. Not all the women are gonna pass, some of the guys still have to take the CPAT, not everybody is going to pass background and medical, and some people may just drop out. They are obviously going to have to replace those people. While it sucks we didn't get called yet I don't think it's time to get all panicked. It's not like there were going to run Bi's on 600+ candidates at the same time.
    ffdino88 and Shadez like this.

Forum Member

2ndgencfd can you maybe see if you can look into what the deal is? Cause you have not gotten called either yet right?

Forum Member

How many people who were fp group got a call.

Forum Member

My buddy was a Jan 10 PAT group. Same as me. The way he described it was he will be in the group filling in the spots that the women dont take in the November class. Could be 35 could be 100. No one seems to know for sure. Not even his BI.

Forum Member

We will see how this plays out, but if that's the case that's simply not fair. I'm not gonna rant on here but it's not right at all if that's true.

Forum Member

Where is everybody getting the number 35 from?

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Where is everybody getting the number 35 from?
    150 in a class = 80 women, 15 crossovers (10%) and the 35 remaining spots to us.

Now I don't think any of us expect all 80 women to pass the CPAT so that alone will open up some spots as will those of us they do call and don't pass the background check or medical. So there's still a great chance some of us still got a shot at getting in the first class.
    Last edited by Shadez; 08-23-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    150 in a class = 80 women, 15 crossovers (10%) and the 35 remaining spots to us.

Now I don't think any of us expect all 80 women to pass the CPAT so that alone will open up some spots as will those of us they do call and don't pass the background check or medical. So there's still a great chance some of us still got a shot at getting in the first class.
    Thanks Shades, but 80+15+35= 130

I also just saw in the Tribune the number of women out of the 138 who were still eligible and interested in proceeding day one of this round of processing was 70. So you can add 10 more spots for us there and another 20 to the 130. Unless I'm missing something. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...ale-candidates

touche! Nice find on the women numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ILFFPM View Post
    We will see how this plays out, but if that's the case that's simply not fair. I'm not gonna rant on here but it's not right at all if that's true.
    Nothing about this process has been fair. I was actually on the list prior to the current list before they scrapped that. Fortunately, I have a better shot at getting on through this list than I ever did on the list before it.

Forum Member

The FP guys should of had the first shot. It's bull s h i t.

JMH
    Forum Member

I'm guessing about 35-40 women make it through on the high end. Unless they literally just push them through, which I cant see them doing because if something happened it would be a huge lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    The FP guys should of had the first shot. It's bull s h i t.
    I do not disagree with you. Us right behind you also got screwed with the whole "whoever gets their CPAT done right away gets in" crap. Its just a matter of time and we'll all get our chance. We'll be joking about this over some beverages sooner than later.
    Last edited by Shadez; 08-23-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Member

when are the last chance cpat runs? do we know if anyone has exhausted all three of their chances yet and failed? curious how long before they start the next batch of backgrounds.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    I do not disagree with you. Us right behind you also got screwed with the whole "whoever gets their CPAT done right away gets in" crap. Its just a matter of time and we'll all get our chance. We'll be joking about this over some beverages sooner than later.
    I hope it's only a matter of time.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.

The last time we were down on Quinn one of the instructors was chatting it up with us in the fingerprint room and he said they expected to lose another 150-200 from the 700 between the CPAT and FP. Your assumptions probably aren't that far off.

Forum Member

I believe every one will get a shot at the background. And proceed from there.

Forum Member

OK, so my buddy who got called the other day with me (who just started the process this May) told me hi BI called and left a message that he needed him to fax him a copy of some paperwork. He tried calling back, but didn't get a hold of him yet. As soon as he does, I will let you know. I had a question, I keep seeing posts about the breakdown of the class with women, cross-overs, etc...and the number 150 being used. Is that a number that the city has said, or are we all guessing. I know the last class was 150...but heard that was the largest class the ever had. The class before that was only 120...and I have also heard there with classes with as little as 75-80. Do we know for sure it will be 150....or is that a guess/hopeful number????

JMH
    Forum Member

at one of the processing days they said 2 classes of 150

Forum Member

Someone mentioned pushing the women through. I didn't go the CFD route, so no clue if the CFD is involved, but I assumed not and SUFD and NIPSTA is handling the entire CPAT process on behalf of the CFD, therefore they're not going to put their reputation/credibility on the line to just push women through. The women are going to have to pass and even with 3 attempts the pass rate in my opinion should be under 50%, but who knows.

Thread Information