Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 462 of 554 FirstFirst ... 362412452459460461462463464465472512 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 11079
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Someone mentioned pushing the women through. I didn't go the CFD route, so no clue if the CFD is involved, but I assumed not and SUFD and NIPSTA is handling the entire CPAT process on behalf of the CFD, therefore they're not going to put their reputation/credibility on the line to just push women through. The women are going to have to pass and even with 3 attempts the pass rate in my opinion should be under 50%, but who knows.

1. question : what does "pat 10" mean?

On the women taking the CPAT, I honestly dont think they can pass it, you have to train hard for it. Those 3 mins on the stair climber is no joke and that takes alot from you. The dummy drag isnt a breeze. You have to have some legs underneath you. I dont see females who weigh 125#-200# to carry a 75lb vest, thats 62% - 38% of their weight. They were easier off with the first physical test.
    I took the CPAT at SUFD and realized that when every other person didnt make it to the ceiling breach, they didnt pass it (the ceiling breach is the last obstacle).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Someone mentioned pushing the women through. I didn't go the CFD route, so no clue if the CFD is involved, but I assumed not and SUFD and NIPSTA is handling the entire CPAT process on behalf of the CFD, therefore they're not going to put their reputation/credibility on the line to just push women through. The women are going to have to pass and even with 3 attempts the pass rate in my opinion should be under 50%, but who knows.
    1. What does "PAT 10" mean?

concerning the female lawsuit class, if they arent training hard for it, then I dont see many of them passing. But the CFD is paying them to train, so who knows. working out all day should help some. I just dont see females carrying half their body weight being able to last the 8-10 mins to finish. Some guys didnt finish. When I took my CPAT at SUFD, it took me a while (I was the last one for the day) to realize that every other person wasnt finishing. The ceiling breach was the last obstacle and not everyone made it there.

Concerning the BI, I dont see it taking that long, all the paperwork that we had to turn in, especially us who live in chicago, how can you possibly lie about where you live. You have to turn in 3 bills from the last 3 months and a copy of your lease. If you take all the time and effort to lie about that then you deserve to get fired.

Forum Member

PAT 10= people that took PAT in 2010

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Ok guys, need to know, any Final Processing guys from july/august 2009 get called by a BI yet?

Just spoke to my investigator from last time around and she told me she hasn't called a single person from 2009. All files she has had to call are people who have never had a background check done. She's gonna ask the other investigators and get back to me but she thinks that if we had done it before that all that's gonna happen is a residency check. Idk tho, thought I read a few FP guys post onhere that they got called. Idk tho. I called ms hammond but as usual always get her voicemail, just like ms ghant.
    Not doubting what the investigator said but I have a hard time believing the city would re-do the background checks. A lot can happen in 4 years. Who knows anymore.

Jetguy said he knew a guy who was a FP last time around and got a call and Goldie was a FP guy too and he got called. So who knows what the process or order is anymore. lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Not doubting what the investigator said but I have a hard time believing the city would re-do the background checks. A lot can happen in 4 years. Who knows anymore.
    Sorry I meant to say " I have a hard time believing the city wouldn't re-do the background checks".

Forum Member

Just curious. Those that have been called, do you guys have your emt license?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    are those guys final processing guys from 2010 or 2009?
    All they say in their posts is that they are FPers from before. So I assume they mean before Jan 2010 PATers.

Forum Member

2ndgen can't pm you so send me a message

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    All they say in their posts is that they are FPers from before. So I assume they mean before Jan 2010 PATers.
    No one from the 2010 PATers even made it to the BI. Everything was halted right after 2010 PAT, the only ones to have made it past the PAT to the BI are the March 09' guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ffdino88 View Post
    No one from the 2010 PATers even made it to the BI. Everything was halted right after 2010 PAT, the only ones to have made it past the PAT to the BI are the March 09' guys.
    That's what I had thought. But I did see one of the guys that was in my group (they had us in 3 man groups) when I took the Jan 2010 PAT was an incumbent. Not sure how that happened.

Forum Member

How many of you guys who have been called by BI's.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I have a question, and don't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    How many of you guys who have been called by BI's are in a minority group(AA, Hispanic)?
    my mom says i'm one of a kind, does this count?

Forum Member

I have a question, and don't really mean it in a derogatory way.
    How many of you guys who have been called by BI's are in a minority group(AA, Hispanic)?
    I was born a man, but inside I'm a woman. Do I count?

Forum Member

So just keeping you guys informed. My BI contacted my employer yesterday, to check my employment I guess. My supervisor told me at the end of the day yesterday. Also, the guy I know who just started the process this past May, and got his call from a BI, told me today that his investigator also contacted his employer...so there is obviously movement happening. Lastly, I talked with another guy today who started in the process this May and got a call this week from a background investigator...so it seems so wide-spread on who got a call.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    So just keeping you guys informed. My BI contacted my employer yesterday, to check my employment I guess. My supervisor told me at the end of the day yesterday. Also, the guy I know who just started the process this past May, and got his call from a BI, told me today that his investigator also contacted his employer...so there is obviously movement happening. Lastly, I talked with another guy today who started in the process this May and got a call this week from a background investigator...so it seems so wide-spread on who got a call.
    As much as I hate to say it, it is looking more and more like a good majority of us will not be considered for the first class. For me it is time to face the music. The longer we go without our background investigations, the more candidates will be in the pool as they pass the CPAT. Time to take a hard look at all of this and think about what it is I need to do to not myself be let down again. I just need to accept the fact that chances are slim that I will ever be a fireman in Chicago. I am going to start by staying off this site for a bit. Hopefully it all works out. Time to start moving on, AGAIN. LOL
    Last edited by teddyball; 08-24-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I was born a man, but inside I'm a woman. Do I count?
    I know it seems kind of funny, but not one person that has been called in for BI has responded to my question.
    Last edited by harrynuts; 11-07-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Forum Member

I know it seems kind of funny, but not one person that has been called in for BI has responded to my question. You can joke around all day while we all take it in the behind from the city :-)
    Good point Harry. I'm just boggled by this current process, some of you guys actually made it to FP last time and haven't heard boo from the city but a guy who just starts the process in May somehow gets ahead of you guys? I guess I'd feel better about it if they just stated how they are processing us, give us some kind of insight anyways to put fears to rest or confirm the inevitable.
    Last edited by ffdino88; 08-29-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Thread Information