Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 556 FirstFirst ... 364414454461462463464465466467474514 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 11106
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

JMH
    Forum Member

got called for my background today,

just FYI, was in last days of processing but times this go around, got my CPAT very early in the process.
    White.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    312-746-6920
    Miss Hammonds #
    Everyone bombard her with calls. See if u get different and or more info. Cant hurt to call. Dont be affriad, wont damper ur chances. Maube the more we bother them the more they'll get a clue. Lol

Thats idiotic... that will just make you go to the bottom.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    312-746-6920
    Miss Hammonds #
    Everyone bombard her with calls. See if u get different and or more info. Cant hurt to call. Dont be affriad, wont damper ur chances. Maube the more we bother them the more they'll get a clue. Lol
    Relax 2ndGen...

Forum Member

Yeah, I wouldn't think that was such a great idea...things are finally moving forward, lets not upset people while positive things are happening

Forum Member

Guess I'm adding fuel to fire, but a couple of my "minority" friends got calls today.

Forum Member

Minority calls.....that theory is out the window. I myself, am non-minority but EMT licensed. I have another buddy that is minority, Jan 10 PAT, and first days of processing both times who has NOT been called.

Forum Member

I understand your frustration 2ndGen and I have said from the beginning that the FP'ers should absolutely go first. Being a 2010 PAT'er I feel I belong in the second class at best. But it isn't happening that way. Bombarding the office with calls may hurt people in the long run. Remember they hold all the cards right now. They could easily just push our files aside if they choose. All of us were told in May the process has changed. So we did what we felt was right in getting our CPAT's out of the way. Now it may not work out the way we hoped. For right now we have to live with it or drop out. That's really the only choices we have.
    Lol I said I was staying off the site for a bit but I guess that isn't happening.
    2ndGen. Take a breath and hope you hear something this week. That's what I am doing.

Forum Member

This went from getting in as we were to good luck and that's rediculous.. the process should have picked up where it left off.. as with any other the numbers we got were the order of hiring.. but calling isn't going to change anything..
    Last edited by nbsmith28; 08-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Forum Member

Nothing on my end yet, but as it was said before no news is good news (I hope). I'm at the same job and address as last time so maybe ill only get a call for medical since there are no changes. Anyone else in the same boat as I am.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Forum Member

Lets come up with another theory

Forum Member

I'm right with ya allroad, I'm thinking to save money they're skipping previous process guys, FP guys with the same address as before and sending us right to Medical again.

And 2ndGen, I agree with you. When do the qualified guys get a voice? Everybody that's been getting hired recently have been rejects. Sorry boys, but we who've processed before should have priority. I know most of you agree, so it is frustrating that it seems they might be skipping guys.

I hope my theory is correct and ill be getting a Medical call. They do have our ssn so they can run a background on you without paying somebody to visit the house you've been living in for years. Lets hope this is true.

Forum Member

maybe they have a dart board with the city of chicago on it and each investigator throws a number of darts each week and the person who lives closest to each dart are the ones they call.

Forum Member

there might be some theory to the address thing, and FPers just going to medical. I was a FP guy, but I have moved a few times since we started this thing. I didn't think much about it when they did my home visit yesterday, but it was pretty much the same questions from before. So, maybe since I have moved since last time they had to check my address again. Also, my buddy who just started the process in May 13 has his home visit today. His BI actually called him yesterday and set up a time to meet him at his house. I thought that was funny that they gave him a 24 hour notice, mine called a couple of hours before. I guess each BI can go about their checks their own way.

At 3:30am? No thanks. Lol

Forum Member

Hey gents,

First time posting on here. Thanx to all the regulars on here for providing new guys like me with info and support. So anyways, I went to see HR yesterday to provide to updated vehicle reg and management work info. So the front desk person had no idea what to do with my paperwork, so she grabbed ms.hammond from her office (I know she likes to hide lately). So ms. Hammond asked when I turned in my cpat (I turned it in in June). She seemed really surprised I haven't received a call from BI yet, so she looked into my file. She insisted I never turned in my CPAT card. I just happened to have the time stamped copy from HR when I dropped it off in my car and provided that to her. How long would my file be sitting in the s.h.i.t pile b4 any realized? I expressed my frustration about the whole process and this is my first time, I can't even sympathize with the guys who have been through this multiple times. Ms Hammond assured me my file would be moved to a BI, but I my phone is silent. Any one with similar experience?

BTW last 2 11, veteran, and assigned # 3900

Forum Member

Were still waiting.. its old now.

Forum Member

Hey it's back

Forum Member

Now i know why Tom Petty wrote that tune called, The Waiting (is the hardest part)...........i wonder what RAN he got?

Thread Information