Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 471 of 556 FirstFirst ... 371421461468469470471472473474481521 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,420 of 11106
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Forum Member

I understand the passion 2ndGen and you and I are in the same boat on a lot of things, including apparently that we took the CPAT right after one another and then turned in our cards. I am just making conversation and just making it known that a discrimination suit holds a lot more weight than white guys being upset they didn't hired. Yes, not fair, just the way the world works.

I will also add that I am also a sucker like everyone else that assumed this would be the time, b/c after all the time of no hiring and all the vacancies I know of, it "had to happen." So yea, I get it.
    Last edited by Dalsh321; 09-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Forum Member

2nd Gen, check FFs profile. He's 41 and probably not on the job from looking at his post history.

Forum Member

No call for me as of today, I emailed Mrs. Hammond about a week ago no reply, so I called her today but got her voice mail, will let you know if she calls back.

Forum Member

If it means anything Im latino,hispanic mexican american whatever you want to call it... last ss 79, began the process in 2009 and luckily had my BI come to my house last week when i wasnt there, luckily someone was. But if I dont get on, (moved from Brookfield to Garfield Ridge) two years ago just in case they were to call and i had to have a chicago residency again. But anyways you can put me down for the lawsuit so it wont all be a bunch of white guys suing...
    Shadez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    If it means anything Im latino,hispanic mexican american whatever you want to call it... last ss 79, began the process in 2009 and luckily had my BI come to my house last week when i wasnt there, luckily someone was. But if I dont get on, (moved from Brookfield to Garfield Ridge) two years ago just in case they were to call and i had to have a chicago residency again. But anyways you can put me down for the lawsuit so it wont all be a bunch of white guys suing...
    Where in Garcia Ridge are you? I'm there too.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    2nd Gen, check FFs profile. He's 41 and probably not on the job from looking at his post history.
    Yes, check my profile. Hell, I could put my job as POTUS and my age as 101 also. I could also already be on the job or I might be down at the Quinn, just waiting. I guess no one will know until the day comes. But, I can promise you, you won't forget me when you meet me

Anyway, 2nd Gen, the problem with the lawsuit-the city never spells out in writing how they will pick and choose who makes it through to the academy. They are very vague when it comes to the entire process, from beginning to end, and it's always been that way. Sometimes it's worked to their advantage, but when it comes to dealing with minorities, ei;the 111 and the women, they set themselves up. There is also another lawsuit in the works from the guys already on the job that have reached the age 38 cut off. Because let's face it, there is no reason why they shouldn't have a chance at the job. Similar to the FDNY, it should be considered a promotional exam. Lot's of things in the works, especially now that contract talks are starting up.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Fireparamedic=fireman, paramedic, Internet lawyer.

One of my sources mentioned the inner lawsuit on age. He didn't seem to think it would effect us waiting but there are grumblings.

Forum Member

There is also another lawsuit in the works from the guys already on the job that have reached the age 38 cut off.

I DONT quite get understand this... they are on the job already and suing?

iM BY archer and central

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireparamedic View Post
    Yes, check my profile. Hell, I could put my job as POTUS and my age as 101 also. I could also already be on the job or I might be down at the Quinn, just waiting. I guess no one will know until the day comes. But, I can promise you, you won't forget me when you meet me

Anyway, 2nd Gen, the problem with the lawsuit-the city never spells out in writing how they will pick and choose who makes it through to the academy. They are very vague when it comes to the entire process, from beginning to end, and it's always been that way. Sometimes it's worked to their advantage, but when it comes to dealing with minorities, ei;the 111 and the women, they set themselves up. There is also another lawsuit in the works from the guys already on the job that have reached the age 38 cut off. Because let's face it, there is no reason why they shouldn't have a chance at the job. Similar to the FDNY, it should be considered a promotional exam. Lot's of things in the works, especially now that contract talks are starting up.
    See. That's why I never make enemies.
    I think we all need to relax a bit and realize that most of us are in the same boat. Regardless of where we were in the process before, we are all lumped together in one big pool of hopeful candidates. Hopefully it works out for us. I guess I don't fully understand how the 2009 guys feel as I was a Jan 2010 guy. As hard as it is, we just need to hope that we get lucky and get called. We know the BI's are still making calls so that is a good sign. I am not 100% sure how many candidates each BI gets but I assume its a couple at a time. I just think the unknown is making tempers flare. As well as the 2009 guys being so close and getting passed over. I feel for you guys. But it isn't going to change anything. Not right now anyway.
    If you don't get in either class, then do what you feel you need to do. But right now talking lawsuits is putting the horse in front of the carriage. See how this pans out. Trust me, I check my phone all day long. I have a few buddies who are already done with their BI. Am I jealous? Heck yeah!. Do I think its over for me? No But I am prepared if it is.
    As Fireparamedic said, you never know who is watching these boards. It would not be hard for the city to figure out who everyone is.
    Dalsh321. I don't know if you are a lawyer but you would make a good one. LOL.
    Let's keep each other informed and remember. We are all in this together. Good or bad. We may all become good friends one day. Let's not start off on the wrong foot.

Forum Member

a couple of quick things I wanted to share....first off good news, both my friend and I received calls to report to Clinton for our medicals!! so it is still moving along. second, I hear a lot of talks about people suing if we don't get hired. I don't know what kind of argument we have about them going out of order for the random numbers, but I don't think we have a leg to stand on with the change in physical. I remember seeing something on line that stated that if the city does not hire off a list for a fire or police academy for one full year, that on the 366th day they can change any phases or requirements for testing. it has been well over a year since Aug 17th 2009...so I think legally they are in the clear on the change to CPAT
    fireparamedic and Shadez like this.

Forum Member

I'm aware that people maybe watching, but for someone that claims that he might down at Quinn. And in other threads (CFDvsNYFD) is saying that he would rather be in NY is BS. My guess is, he couldn't cut it, so he uses the Internet to pretend he's something he's not.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:36 PM.

JMH
    Forum Member

few things I wanted to share

spoke with my background investigator today, she said she's wrapping up her group this week.

Also, a friend of mine shared some information in regards to the calls

miss Hammond said there are 2 waves of background checks and if we havent heard from them yet then that would put those people in the 2nd wave. She also said the first class is on target for fall.

Forum Member

thanks, I am trying to be optimistic, just like you I was a FP guy and thought I would have been starting the academy in Dec 2009....and here I am 4 years later....who knows if they do it to us again.

Forum Member

on a side note, I don't know who said it earlier on this post, but I think it is true to be seen and not heard and stopping calling down there with questions. I tried to ask a few questions when they called me today, and I kind of got snapped at by the person with them saying something along the lines of " don't worry about that, we are not here to answer questions, just do what you are told and it will be fine." I am guessing a lot of people have been calling and they are being over-whelmed with questions...IDK just my guess

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Shadez likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I wonder if ill have high blood pressure cuz of this forum once/if I grt called to go do my medical. That'd be ironic as all hell. Time to take a xanax. Hahaha jk
    Well look at the bright side. We may have a few more weeks to get ready for the medical. Hopefully no high blood pressure. LOL

Thread Information