Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 485 of 554 FirstFirst ... 385435475482483484485486487488495535 ... LastLast
Results 9,681 to 9,700 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I must also be on the back of the line and have no idea why

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Forum Member

I had CPAT done two weeks before processing started and yet no call..she's full of it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Just spoke to ms hammond. Asked if those of us who did CPAT on our own that were held up by cfd medical to clear the prescription issue wouldl be put back up in front of those who did CPAT thru cfd. She said "all files are with the invrstigators now and we asked them to call those who turned in CPAT first". Asked her then how much of thr nov class was full. Her response "there are zero people in the nov class right now, the medical exams are just starting to trickle in and be reviewed by our medical dept." All files will be called before the end of the month too. So who knows once again. Just the info I have tho. Figured I'd share it. Nothing new really. Lol
    Again, did my CPAT in April and turned it in first day in May, Appreciate the updates guys!
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Forum Member

2nd gen just got a call from bi.. being out of town she didn't say much.. just asked if she had best number to contact if needed to contact again.. finally.. didn't say anything about medical and I'm out of state so no home visit.

Forum Member

Well, if the alphabetical order theory is in play, they've made it to S. Maybe I should have more faith in them finishing BI calls by the end of the week??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    2nd gen just got a call from bi.. being out of town she didn't say much.. just asked if she had best number to contact if needed to contact again.. finally.. didn't say anything about medical and I'm out of state so no home visit.
    Congrats Smith, bout damn time. Hopefully I hear something soon, so I can get this BI done and over with.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Question for FPers, when you got your letters to report. What was the span? I.e. letter received June 24, report on July 7.

Forum Member

Got a call from my BI a little while ago. She asked me to fax a few documents over. My last name begins with S and I took my CPAT on my own.
    ffdino88 and nbsmith28 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Got a call from my BI a little while ago. She asked me to fax a few documents over. My last name begins with S and I took my CPAT on my own.
    A buddy of mine whos name also starts with S got called this afternoon.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    A buddy of mine whos name also starts with S got called this afternoon.
    Hmm. Maybe there is some credence to the alphabetical order. Of course my in laws fax machine was not working. Looks like Kinkos first thing tomorrow. I think we will all be happy by weeks end.

Forum Member

I received my call today from the BI. Very excited things are moving forward. Completed CPAT on my own @ SUFD. My packet was complete and needed nothing further. I am a Veteran. Last name starts with "N".
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by airforcefiredawg View Post
    I received my call today from the BI. Very excited things are moving forward. Completed CPAT on my own @ SUFD. My packet was complete and needed nothing further. I am a Veteran. Last name starts with "N".
    fdfasdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by chigo23; 11-08-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Forum Member

Per Ms. Hammond yesterday - everyone who has passed the CPAT will be contacted for further processing and assuming a passed medical, put into a class. Their plan is to have two large classes in November and February/March. The CPAT really cut down the number of people left in the process. This is of course subject to the city (outside of the fire dept's control) cutting down the number of people in a class.

Can someone who has gone through the medical provide a full breakdown of what it involves? Does the stress test measure our lungs? Does it measure our heart? Do they call our other doctors? Do they pull our previous medical background from other medical records in the system via our insurer, etc? Do they look us up and down for scars from a surgery? A detailed breakdown would be really appreciated.

Also, can anyone point me to the Fire Department's actual outside employment policy? I have heard both it is no outside employment while in the academy and also heard that it is while in the academy and for another 12 months after (total 18 months). I can find nothing in the contract, is there anything someone can point me to on this?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I doubt they have enough IAD peeps to watch em all.They ddon't have enough to call 500 possible candidates. Lol
    Nice, I like that one.......still no call

JMH
    Forum Member

just went through medical this week

Vision, Hearing, Blood work, Blood pressure, sit in a room for 45 minutes waiting for semi hot dr to walk in and grab your nuts. Stress test (put monitors on your body to test your heart rate), your on tredmill for about 10 minutes total, its all walking, at the end its a pretty fast walk on a pretty steep incline. Then you blow into a little machine as hard as you can 3 times for 6 seconds.

In regards to the classes, it sounds like all the people getting called right now are scheduled for the first class. It actually sounds like they are still trying to fill that class that they dont have enough people right now. (thats how I took some of the comments ms hammond made last week when I as down there)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    Hey bro when did you go through Louis f garland
    2008 in San Angelo. I've been in the Air Force for 11 years and currently in the Air Guard.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    just went through medical this week

Vision, Hearing, Blood work, Blood pressure, sit in a room for 45 minutes waiting for semi hot dr to walk in and grab your nuts. Stress test (put monitors on your body to test your heart rate), your on tredmill for about 10 minutes total, its all walking, at the end its a pretty fast walk on a pretty steep incline. Then you blow into a little machine as hard as you can 3 times for 6 seconds.

In regards to the classes, it sounds like all the people getting called right now are scheduled for the first class. It actually sounds like they are still trying to fill that class that they dont have enough people right now. (thats how I took some of the comments ms hammond made last week when I as down there)
    I took my medical for another department at the exact same faculty two weeks ago. It really is not too bad. The only thing you didn't mention, at least that I had to do, was a ton of x-rays, as well as a PA examining your strength levels (very easy). There is also a ****/drug test. They do not ask for any of your medical records, but you are required to fill out past medical history forms. Maybe some of this wasn't on the cfd medical so if it wasn't, then I apologize

JMH
    Forum Member

I dont think we did a drug test. You ****ed into a cup, but I think that was a health test, not drugs. Not sure though

And your right, they did do some chest Xrays, only a few though.

I'm not sure about a strength test, they made me lift my arms up and stuff, but nothing too crazy.

Thread Information