Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 556 FirstFirst ... 386436476483484485486487488489496536 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 11107
Like Tree283Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Has anyone who has already completed medical, heard anything back?

I was told "no news is good news" when it comes to the medical.

Forum Member

How long did it take from the time bi called till you got called back for medical?

I just got called around 2pm today. April 2010 PAT'er, turned in my CPAT in late June and my last name also starts with an "S". Need to make some copies of updated paper work and she's coming to my house tonight to do my background check.

Good luck to those of you still waiting. Its just a matter of time before your phone rings.

Forum Member

For those that have completed background checks. How long did it take for the background check to be completed? Did they call you back to let you know it was done? From there, personnel calls for the medical set-up, right? Can you set it up over the phone? Thanks in advance!

JMH
    Forum Member

Background took like 2 weeks. I didnt really have to turn anything in, but I followed up with my BI like a week after I spoke with her and she said she was turning in her files that friday.

After those files are turned in Ms hammond will then call you. You will then have to report in person to pee for drug test and then schedule your medical. You had a choice of like 5 different days and a variety of times. The medical center is downtown.

I didnt get called for my medical for like 3 weeks after my background was completed. I'm assuming that varies for each person.

My group that reported was like 25 people, so they probably waited until that group was completed and then called us in. (we had 2 days notice for this date).
    airforcefiredawg likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    How long did it take from the time bi called till you got called back for medical?
    In general, from my initial call from my investigator to the day of my medical......roughly 3-4 weeks if memory serves me right. Got called on a Wednesday saying I cleared my BI, went down that Friday (same week), to receive conditional offer and sign-up for medicals which were held the very next week. Today is 2 weeks to the day since my medical with no word back...

Only thing i need to do is residency check with my BI. I have a condo all set to go in Edison Park.....just waiting on word I cleared medical before i officially pull the trigger.
    airforcefiredawg likes this.

Forum Member

Got called to set up Medical today literally a few hours after the investigator left my house. I guess it pays to be a veteran of the process..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    Got called to set up Medical today literally a few hours after the investigator left my house. I guess it pays to be a veteran of the process..
    No they didnt.

Forum Member

Yes they did. Relax bro.

Forum Member

I know it sounds goofy, but they did. They also called me last week to set it up then called me back to tell me to wait til after the home visit. So I don't need the aggravation of d-head comments either..

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Member

^ 2nd, ur in the same boat as me, it's gonna happen..I thought I was getting the shaft too considering I've been through this all before like you. Then I got it all at once. I know how you feel. I bet you'll get called tomorrow..

Forum Member

I know it sounds goofy, but they did. They also called me last week to set it up then called me back to tell me to wait til after the home visit. So I don't need the aggravation of d-head comments either..
    I had CPAT done two weeks before processing started and yet no call..she's full of it.
    jhgjhgkjhgkjgkjhgjhkg
    Last edited by chigo23; 11-08-2013 at 01:08 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

never posted but have been reading for a long time.

someone awhile back stated they were taking their CPAT in West Allis, WI. Just wondering if that person has been called for their BI yet. I took mine in West Allis and have not been called yet.

Forum Member

Chigo, they didn't change the procedure you idiot, they obviously made a mistake. Believe what you want, and yes, I do run 100's as well.
    I don't post as soon as I hear something when it comes to me in this process. I've been through it all before only to do it all over again. So my hopes only go so high. Go troll somewhere else cause you're looking like an idiot.
    I posted what went down with me, like I need confirmation from you. Take it down a notch champ..

She came to do my background last night around 6:50pm. It took all of 5 minutes to do. She wanted updated (2014) copies of city sticker and plate sticker registration. She said I was one of the easiest she's had for 2 weeks since I've only had 2 jobs my whole life. She mentioned a union worker who had over 65 jobs and listed everyone of them so she had to call each of them and it took nearly 3-4 days to complete. Which one of you are that guy? Lol. She said they're talking about 150 person class and the rumor of the current head of training stepping down that my source heard a few weeks back was true because she mentioned that as well. I didn't get called for medical shortly after. Lol

Back to the waiting game. The excitement was short bit sweet.

Forum Member

^Any indication of the step-down affecting, or delaying the November class?

Forum Member

Sooooo......we're all going to get called by the end of today as promised right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Sooooo......we're all going to get called by the end of today as promised right?

Heard from buddy that is waiting to be called, that Miss Hammond was out yesterday and today.

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    ^Any indication of the step-down affecting, or delaying the November class?
    Not from BI. My source did mention it as a possability though when he told me.

Thread Information