Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 557 FirstFirst ... 388438478485486487488489490491498538 ... LastLast
Results 9,741 to 9,760 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    She came to do my background last night around 6:50pm. It took all of 5 minutes to do. She wanted updated (2014) copies of city sticker and plate sticker registration. She said I was one of the easiest she's had for 2 weeks since I've only had 2 jobs my whole life. She mentioned a union worker who had over 65 jobs and listed everyone of them so she had to call each of them and it took nearly 3-4 days to complete. Which one of you are that guy? Lol. She said they're talking about 150 person class and the rumor of the current head of training stepping down that my source heard a few weeks back was true because she mentioned that as well. I didn't get called for medical shortly after. Lol

Back to the waiting game. The excitement was short bit sweet.
    Shadez. My BI told me when I called her to switch the day ,that she had a person right in my neck of the woods that she had to visit as well. You in Mt. Greenwood by chance?

Also,
    I appreciate all the kind words from you guys. My wife and I are truly blessed that they are both healthy.

Forum Member

Twins Teddy?!

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy81 View Post
    Twins Teddy?!
    LOL! No. By both being healthy I meant my wife and daughter.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by killerbe20 View Post
    never posted but have been reading for a long time.

someone awhile back stated they were taking their CPAT in West Allis, WI. Just wondering if that person has been called for their BI yet. I took mine in West Allis and have not been called yet.
    Has anyone thats been called so far taken their CPAT outside of Illinois? I'm a Jan PATer and no call again today

Forum Member

The current contract says absolutely 100% no matter what the CFD shall not hire any cheeseheads under any condition. Chapter 7 article 14

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation795 View Post
    The current contract says absolutely 100% no matter what the CFD shall not hire any cheeseheads under any condition. Chapter 7 article 14
    hoping to slip through the cracks
    dalmation795 and nbsmith28 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyball View Post
    Shadez. My BI told me when I called her to switch the day ,that she had a person right in my neck of the woods that she had to visit as well. You in Mt. Greenwood by chance?

Also,
    I appreciate all the kind words from you guys. My wife and I are truly blessed that they are both healthy.
    Congrats to you and yours on the little one, Teddy. Got two of my own that are 4 and 2 and whoever said to enjoy her because the time will fly is absolutely correct. My 4 and 2 year olds seem like they're going on 14 and 12. There's times when they act their age but for the most part they act way older. Lol

No, I'm in Garfield Ridge. She told me I was the last one she had to do for the night because I lived closest to her.

Sorry fellas, I honestly wasn't expecting to get called before some of you at all. Keefus and I actually have a mutual friend and told keefus last week that my hopes weren't high on getting called this time around if they're going by when the CPAT was turned in and I totally expected him to get a call before I did.

You guys will be getting the call soon enough. Hopefully that mends our live/hate relationship. Lol

Good luck fellas!
    ffdino88 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm still thinking we all need to go grab a ice cold beer... When in Chicago I stay in westlawn area..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nbsmith28 View Post
    I'm still thinking we all need to go grab a ice cold beer... When in Chicago I stay in westlawn area..
    Indeed! I'll be up in Edison Park within the next month moving into a condo.

Forum Member

I had my home visit last night so I'm good there. Sounds like November class is still a go. I cannot say enough nice things about my background investigator. She really accommodated my family during this process. She was very understanding. From here I guess I will hear from personnel to schedule my medical. I couldn't get too many details from BI as she wanted to do her thing and go so I could get back to the hospital. Was at my house for 5 minutes at the most.

Cold beer sounds great........ if I could put my daughter down for 5 minutes. I'm a mush.

Forum Member

I'm assuming if you haven't been contacted yet by a BI, then you're pretty much SOL on the November class. It's definitely happening from what I am hearing
    Last edited by harrynuts; 09-29-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Forum Member

Where are you hearing that?

Forum Member

^Local firehouse

Forum Member

Well we all know how reliable the rumor mill is around here, so maybe that won't be the case. Harry, aren't you hitting 38 in December? I hope for your sake the rumor is false.

Forum Member

So tomorrow is the end of the month...
    Last edited by ffdino88; 10-02-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Forum Member

@Chicagoblaze

Yep. That's why I gave up hope thi year. It's do or die for me. Whatever happens, happens.

Forum Member

I took my CPAT in West Allis Wisconsin. I was a Fper from 09. I have done all the steps just waiting for a letter with a start date. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbe20 View Post
    Has anyone thats been called so far taken their CPAT outside of Illinois? I'm a Jan PATer and no call again today

Forum Member

I just got my call, so last Friday wasn't deadline.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I just got my call, so last Friday wasn't deadline.
    Congrats. What's your last name start with?

Thread Information