Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 557 FirstFirst ... 39464748495051525999149549 ... LastLast
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Default Need INFo

Hey guys just found this section about the lawsuit and 95 and 06 list. The thing i need info on is pretty simple. I was wondering once you get called off the list and begin your process how long do they give you before you have to live in the city. Is it before you start the academy or is it once the academy ends?

Forum Member

Correct, it is now in the hands of the Law Department and CFD Brass, oh and I am sure Daley [groan] will get involved to decide everyones fate. Queue spooky music...

Forum Member

Default Need INFo

Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    Correct, it is now in the hands of the Law Department and CFD Brass, oh and I am sure Daley [groan] will get involved to decide everyones fate. Queue spooky music...
    New to chat room, but i have been reading past postings about the 95 and 06 list. My question is how long after you recieve a letter for starting the hiring process do you have to move to the city. Is it once you start the academy or once you finish the academy?

Default Question

I am trying to get a feeling for what my plans should be over the next few years. I am in the 1600's on the 2006 list. Can anyone give me an honest opinion about how fast they will progress through this list? Any stats on how many people are disqualified / drop out?

It looks hot in there PureAdrenalin's Avatar

check the front page....I feel somewaht warm and fuzzy...lol. At least it's some solid evidence of current goings on. I still will be waiting a few years to get in, but hell. The sooner they start processing the quicker that time rolls around for me.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PocFFemt View Post
    New to chat room, but i have been reading past postings about the 95 and 06 list. My question is how long after you recieve a letter for starting the hiring process do you have to move to the city. Is it once you start the academy or once you finish the academy?
    You need to be in the City by the time you get a firm offer of employment. Meaning before the academy starts.

check the front page....I feel somewaht warm and fuzzy...lol. At least it's some solid evidence of current goings on. I still will be waiting a few years to get in, but hell. The sooner they start processing the quicker that time rolls around for me.
    Front page????

Forum Member

Default front page

[

Front page????[/QUOTE]

in the new section of this website they rehash Fran Spielmans article.

Forum Member

Default sorry

in the "news" section of this website

Forum Member

Ahhh, okay. Duh on my part

It looks hot in there PureAdrenalin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FFP084 View Post
    I am trying to get a feeling for what my plans should be over the next few years. I am in the 1600's on the 2006 list. Can anyone give me an honest opinion about how fast they will progress through this list? Any stats on how many people are disqualified / drop out?
    Well,

1. Keep working and don't put all your eggs in the chicago basket. It still may be a year or two before they actually begin further processing of the 06 list.

2. Enjoy the wait, it can be further enhanced by getting your paramedic license.

3. Make sure you get your butt in shape if it isn't already.

As for everything else, it's hard to say. Being that this list is already over a year old many may have already given up the desire to remain in the process. Others will not make it through the further processing, backgrounds, physical etc. So to end up with a full academy, it may take 2000 people, maybe more maybe less. I'm going to guess that this list will run as long as the 95 one.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

The SunTimes article said they want to hire 500 new guys and the Tribune said they asked for 500 names from the list to start calling. Big difference...I wonder which it is.

Aside from that, I have a question. About how long does the processing take? I assume after you do the physical you have to wait awhile before you get called back for further processing. Anyone know how long it takes from when you get called for the physical to when you actually join the academy?

Forum Member

I just spoke to officials from both the city and fire department personnel offices. STILL no word on the 1995 processees (is that a word?). Everybody was very pleasant and tried to be helpful. The CFD official said that they have asked the city HR specifically what the 1995 processed status is due to the money spend on them to date. He said to check late this month/early next month. Nothing new, just that it seems they were trying to be helpful/empathetic.

MembersZone Subscriber

They are going to start hiring from the 06 list guys check out the article on firehouse home page

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg1983 View Post
    They are going to start hiring from the 06 list guys check out the article on firehouse home page
    All that is, is a story from the Suntimes that may or may not be accurate. this is from heavy...

I just spoke to officials from both the city and fire department personnel offices. STILL no word on the 1995 processees (is that a word?).
    Everybody was very pleasant and tried to be helpful. The CFD official said that they have asked the city HR specifically what the 1995 processed status is due to the money spent on them to date. He said to check late this month/early next month. Nothing new, just that it seems they were trying to be helpful/empathetic.

Forum Member

Default whoa whoa whoa

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg1983 View Post
    Where does it say in the Sun-Times article that the City is definitely going to start hiring from the 06 list? It says that they are "free to hire" and "the stay means the Fire Department 'can go ahead and hire from the 2006 list.'".

Nobody knows exactly what the City will do next, when the next class will start the Academy, or who will make up that class. I know we are all pretty excited that it will NOT be any of the 132s that go in next, but at this point, everything is speculation.

Heavy - Can I/us get the number you called for HR?

MembersZone Subscriber

some of my buddies up there said they are going to hire from the 06 list bc they want fresh young recruits and because there is alot of controversy in the 05 list. As to how much thats true only time will tell. just wait it out guys

MembersZone Subscriber

Just curious, but didn't they throw out the random ranking system earlier this year and decide to just go by how well you did on the test? I vaguely remember hearing something to that extent, I could be wrong however.. haha pry just wishful thinking cuz I got ranked in the 12xxx's..ouch!

Are qualifications going to factor into it at all? well, quals ASIDE from being a paramedic? I start Medic Class in September so I got that base covered, but I'm just wondering if it's worth calling and bothering HR to have them update my application because since the test I'm holding Firefighter 1 & 2, hazmat Ops, WMD Awareness, and a few other's that I have yet to bother to remember, but hey, if they look good why not right? haha

Forum Member

Somebody just told me that per the contract the city has to have 10% cross-overs from the paramedic side, which I knew, but apparently the last few classes or so had no more medics left from the '95 list that are currently running as CFD medics. I am wondering now does this mean that the next FD class will be 30% cross-overs or what? I'm guessing no, but the city has to honor the contract considering they agreed to it. If not there will probably be more law suits and ****ed off medics and FF's. Anybody have any input?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jourdan View Post
    Just curious, but didn't they throw out the random ranking system earlier this year and decide to just go by how well you did on the test? I vaguely remember hearing something to that extent, I could be wrong however.. haha pry just wishful thinking cuz I got ranked in the 12xxx's..ouch!

Are qualifications going to factor into it at all? well, quals ASIDE from being a paramedic? I start Medic Class in September so I got that base covered, but I'm just wondering if it's worth calling and bothering HR to have them update my application because since the test I'm holding Firefighter 1 & 2, hazmat Ops, WMD Awareness, and a few other's that I have yet to bother to remember, but hey, if they look good why not right? haha
    it's still random ranking...look at the lawsuit they are dealing with now. If they changed it mid test they would be dealing with that again. On top of that you can't change up a way to test after results and numbers were given out the whole idea for this test was RANDOM RANKING per ss# because they couldn't sue because the court recognizes that as random. hope that helps.

As for everything else, it's hard to say. Being that this list is already over a year old many may have already given up the desire to remain in the process. Others will not make it through the further processing, backgrounds, physical etc. So to end up with a full academy, it may take 2000 people, maybe more maybe less. I'm going to guess that this list will run as long as the 95 one.
    I'm hoping it takes them around 18,000 people before they get who they need

Thread Information