Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 497 of 555 FirstFirst ... 397447487494495496497498499500507547 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 11087
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    I am being the realist here guys, nothing is guaranteed until u walk into the academy on day one. I was told by both ms giant and jenny, the people in charge before Hammond, that I was being hired as long as I pass medical. I passed medical, was sent the letter, hired, and then told due to budget and too many peeps being processed that I would be in the dec class back in 2009. Now over 5 years later I see everyone talking what I was talking about back then and on pages 200some of this forum. So DO NOT get ur hopes too high. Not be a Debbie downer. Just a realist who has been in ur shoes. Wish all of u the best. Or at least 134 of u so there's still a slot open for my for nov. If I don't hear from Hammond by next week I know I'm being given the shaft AGAIN.
    I agree with you 2ndGen. Not letting myself get excited. I was just passing along what she told us today. Seems like things are moving forward but again until I am in the drill hall day one, I will not be overly excited.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffemt_applicant View Post
    i wonder what this means for all of us on the crisp of our medical exam. to me, pushing back the start date means they must be trying to fill some spots yet.

i guess if we get called down sooner rather than later may be telling.

thanks for the update.
    *cusp, not crisp.

Forum Member

I been reading this forum daily for the last couple years, just got a call from the BI for a home visit. I took the Cpat in July which the city payed for.

Forum Member

Tinman do you live in the city or burbs. What letter does your last name start with? Congrats BTW.

Forum Member

Yes I do, My entire Life.. It Starts With H..

Forum Member

Medical phase two complete...

nbsmith,

How long total would you say the medical took?

Keefus & Teddy,

It was nice to finally meet you guys as well.

Forum Member

Awwwwwwwww

This guy. lol
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    nbsmith,

How long total would you say the medical took?
    About two hours... get there about 30 mins early, you have to fill out more forms.

Thanks, Bago.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I'm full time on a suburban department with 7 years into my pension. Does Chicago accept other pensions not their own? If not where should that $ go. See you nov 18th!!

Forum Member

Hey teddy how long were you guys there to schedule the medical? Around what time was everyone done? I got called to schedule medical yesterday morning. I'm scheduled to go next Thursday at 10. Any advice? Thanks.

There was 44 of us yesterday. The largest class up to this point. They only had 2 guys working the **** test line so it went pretty slow yesterday. It all depends on how many of you there are and how many people they have working the **** test lines. We had to be there at 10am and didn't get out until 1-1:30.

Advice...

*Be the first to get there (everything throughout the day is based on what time you got there) although everyone leaves at the same time but you get to choose on things by the time you arrived.

*Sign in at the front desk (you will notice signs for applicants to go to Room A)

*Go to Room A (there will also be another sign in sheet on the first table as you walk in)

*Bring a couple (just incase) Black Ballpoint Pens, photo ID and dress properly.

You're all good after that.
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-11-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Forum Member

hey guys...great news...my roommate had to go turn some paperwork in at the Quinn today, so I tagged along. When we got there the new Chief of Training was in the lobby, my roommate knew him and introduced me to him. he said right to me that the class is going in Nov 18th...final. So the 18th looks great. He also said that they have the class pretty much filled, and that anyone going this week or after is being slated for a March class!! so I guess more good news that a 2nd class is being put together!!! well boys have a good weekend, after that encounter I am going to have a great weekend!!!

Forum Member

There was 44 of us yesterday. The largest class up to this point. They only had 2 guys working the **** test line so it went pretty slow yesterday. It all depends on how many of you there are and how many people they have working the **** test lines. We had to be there at 10am and didn't get out until 1-1:30.

Advice...

*Be the first to get there (everything throughout the day is based on what time you got there) although everyone leaves at the same time but you get to choose on things by the time you arrived.

*Sign in at the front desk (you will notice signs for applicants to go to Room A)

*Go to Room A (there will also be another sign in sheet on the first table as you walk in)

*Bring a couple (just incase) Black Ballpoint Pens, photo ID and dress properly.

You're all good after that.
    And ask lots of questions to keep everyone there longer, isn't that right Teddy? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    And ask lots of questions to keep everyone there longer, isn't that right Teddy? Lol
    LMAO Most hated guy already. Hahaha

Forum Member

LMAO Most hated guy already. Hahaha
    LOL Yup! I know the dude next to me was ****ed I think when more questions were being asked.

"He also said that they have the class pretty much filled, and that anyone going this week or after is being slated for a March class!! so I guess more good news that a 2nd class is being put together!!"

And that is why I refuse to get excited by anything they tell us. We were told point blank. Pass and you are in in November. In fact no one even asked a question specific to start date. I think the Chief of Training would know so I am going with what Goldie said as the most realistic possibility. Anyone who was there yesterday, am I off base on what was said? It is possible I misunderstood.

Thread Information