Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 499 of 557 FirstFirst ... 399449489496497498499500501502509549 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,980 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

2nd gen. Just relax. Waiting till march is not a big deal. These are the cards we have been delt. It is what it is. Your a vet you should know that... I'm experienced in the fire service more so than prolly most people on here. Yet I am fine with a march class... Point is not much Is fair. Maybe somebody here gets caught in a flashover during thier career..that's not fair but that's the card they were delt... Stay positive and don't quit!

Forum Member

Default Test

Hey guys I've been following and reading awhile. I see most of you guys are and have been in the process for awhile. I'm heading up on Friday to take the make up exam. I live out of state and currently work for New Orleans, my wife is from the area and I'm trying to get us back and closer to family. Is there anything that I need to know for the exam? Dress? Also I do not live in the area and I saw on here that people actually came to some of your guys' houses is that correct? Just wondering how it will all play out. I have no illusions of actually getting a job but I'm sure as hell going to try. Upon processing out of the military they told me Chicago was hiring but when I called hr they said it had passed and never knew about a make up exam until recently. I tested in several cities before getting on New Orleans but now crunch time is on from the old lady and I'm looking to move back up north. I know some people on there and have been talking to them as well but any help or insight from you guys involved in the hiring process would be great pm me or write me on here. Thanks so much and good luck guys if you do get on, it really is the best job in the world.

Forum Member

No news is good news! See ya on the 18th! Finally! And 2ndGen, I feel for ya man...

Forum Member

The last group of 44 or so to do Medicals in the next two weeks, if cleared will all be in Nov 18th class. After this round is cleared, then the class will be full.
    Whoever is still in the BI or have yet to schedule Medical, when cleared, will be in March class.
    This was all told to me very clearly and with no interruption. Mathematically it makes sense with the last Medical group. It's been a long, long road and it finally looks like it's gonna happen. But again, I'll still be uneasy until I walk into FAS on the 18th. Enjoy the weekend boys..
    airforcefiredawg likes this.

Forum Member

Medical done this past Thursday!!!!

Stress test
    Vision test
    hearing test
    Urinalysis
    Blood draw
    Chest X-ray
    BP
    VO2 test
    Visit with Doc and complete a head to toe exam

Just a heads up for those that have to complete still. About 2 hours.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BODE View Post
    The last group of 44 or so to do Medicals in the next two weeks, if cleared will all be in Nov 18th class. After this round is cleared, then the class will be full.
    Whoever is still in the BI or have yet to schedule Medical, when cleared, will be in March class.
    This was all told to me very clearly and with no interruption. Mathematically it makes sense with the last Medical group. It's been a long, long road and it finally looks like it's gonna happen. But again, I'll still be uneasy until I walk into FAS on the 18th. Enjoy the weekend boys..
    Ms. Hammond made it clear. Pass and you will be in the November class. I was actually surprised she put herself out there like that. She also told people who live outside the city, DO NOT PUT IT OFF ANY LONGER! MOVE ASAP. I would have a hard time doing so until I cleared medical. But luckily I live in the city. But like BODE said, it is hard to get too excited.

Let's stay positive and keep each other informed.
    2ndGen, good luck on Monday. Hopefully you get the answer you want to hear and move on. I can't say it enough. I feel bad for your situation. Again good luck Monday!

Forum Member

2nd gen, did you ever receive a final processing letter or after you passed medical was told the class is full. My reason for asking is if you are lucky enough to get a FP letter does that basically mean your in? Or the class size can change.

That's pretty wild considering some of the guys sitting in the room with us in Thursday had just been called by Miss Hammond the night before. I wish one if these days we really could find out how this process works.

I will say Miss Hammonds also mentioned a possible 3rd class going in before the veteran group. So there is still hope for everyone that has been contacted and hasn't heard a peep.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    That's pretty wild considering some of the guys sitting in the room with us in Thursday had just been called by Miss Hammond the night before. I wish one if these days we really could find out how this process works.

I will say Miss Hammonds also mentioned a possible 3rd class going in before the veteran group. So there is still hope for everyone that has been contacted and hasn't heard a peep.
    The feeling I got was they are behind schedule and want to get this moving to make the November date. I think that may be why they called people in the day before.
    I forgot Ms. Hammond mentioned a third class in later 2014. She felt fairly certain about that as well. I think manpower is so low that they cannot wait for another exam to start hiring off of. Figure a new test would take at least a year to start hiring off of. That would put them in 2015 if the test were in 2014. So I think the third class is extremely possible.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Forum Member

what does the conditional offer of employment entail for those that have gotten that far this go round. are you guaranteed a spot in one of the first two classes?

2ndgen, do you report to medical on thursday?

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    No I do not report to medical. I havent been called to sign up for my medical yet. That is why i'm upset. Once again I am going to be pushed to the next class when I shouldve been first in line for this class since that is what was promised to me by the old head of personnel, Ms Ghant and her assistant Jenny.
    oh wasn't sure, last i heard your background file was being turned in. i hope you get the call monday.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Thats what I was told this week, that my file should've been back in hammonds hand by friday. BUt it she held it for weeks after i was cleared thru cfd medical cuz of that bs script issue that took 3 months to clear twice. ugh....just so fed up with this crap right now. Really disheartening to feel so close and get shunned again. Usually not the negative type of person but it has been so hard to stay positive watching all this may 2013 guys get the green light for this class.
    i was a bit surprised about that too, my guess is they randomly took guys with completed cpats first, regardless of previous processing. lucky bastards, damn certain.

my home visit was tuesday, got my call to report on friday. seems like it takes a few days after the file gets turned in.

hope to see you thursday.

Forum Member

what does the conditional offer of employment entail for those that have gotten that far this go round. are you guaranteed a spot in one of the first two classes?

Forum Member

^ it entails that IF you pass Medical, then yes, you are going to be in a class. Like 2ndGen, I've been through this all before so all I can tell ya is you're not in until ur in uniform walking into FAS.
    If you've been processed through Medical( taking it this week or next) you will be in Nov 18 class. If you have yet to schedule Medical, you will be in Feb-Mar class. Good luck!
    nbsmith28 likes this.

Forum Member

BODE,

Did you get that information about who's in the Nov class directly from Miss Hammond?

Thread Information