Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 508 of 554 FirstFirst ... 8408458498505506507508509510511518 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,160 of 11069
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I'm wondering if all the people called for uniform thus far are all from the early medicals back in September. if FP really is to be around 11/4, they have 2 weeks to get us all cleared through medical......personnel going to be very busy, so again, might want to drop in if you're in limbo, not sure you will get a call back.

Forum Member

2ndGENCFD, I get where you are coming from. Hey brothers fight, right?? All is good, and besides comments on-line as well as like with texts can be taken in so many ways. It is all in the past.

Also, I agree, anyone who hasn't been called and has taken their medical should just show up. I talked to a guy a few minutes ago who is on the job, and he said if you haven't been called after medical or for uniforms, just show up. He said the people are so over-whelmed that in the past they gave guys uniforms and pushed them along, and if it ever came up, they are so confused that they think they dropped the ball and green light the guy through. I have a buddy who did his medical, and he is going down monday to the clothing store and just tell them he was told to go get uniforms. the address is 2323 S. Halsted. We need to be our own advocates!!

Forum Member

correction, if you had been called and did your medical, you should just go for uniforms. I guess they have whatever sheets there to fill out.

Forum Member

Yesterday Ms. Hammond mentioned how they assign some people as alternates for the academy who are the next guys in if someone doesn't show up, quits, or gets removed. I was laughing in my head thinking about how some alternate would be sitting outside Academy South to "Tanya Harding" a couple candidates to get in.....for this reason, I hope 2ndGen is not assigned as an alternate.....just playing bro.

Forum Member

Last edited by 2ndGenCFD; 11-09-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by newguy24 View Post
    correction, if you had been called and did your medical, you should just go for uniforms. I guess they have whatever sheets there to fill out.
    you don't think you're going to need your file number first?

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone. Looks like some new Candidates coming on board soon. That's good, I need to start climbing the Seniority list.. Anyway, if memory serves, and don't hold me to this as it was 5 years ago, they GIVE you: 2 pairs of work pants, 2 work shirts, 1 Duty sweatshirt, 1 knit cap, 1 Set of PT Gear, and 1 pair of work shoes. Everything extra, including mandatory items like Duty T shirts, extra PT gear, gloves, water bottles, work out shoes (NEW) you have to pay for. They will give you a list of everything of need to report with on Day 1, and what you will need to pay for. That said, buy extra. A little extra money before hand will save you some headaches down the road. Good Luck.
    Shadez and nbsmith28 like this.

Forum Member

Chigo23- keyboard cowboy.

Forum Member

I don't think showing up randomly is a good idea. You can't just make your own rules. 2ndGen was lucky they let him stay. IMO if we show up in hoards, they will not just put up with it.
    dalmation795 and Shadez like this.

Forum Member

Sooo, I just got a phone call to report next thursday for medical. How is that for timing?

Forum Member

^you need a file number anyway. Hence the call with the file number and date..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by harrynuts View Post
    I don't think showing up randomly is a good idea. You can't just make your own rules. 2ndGen was lucky they let him stay. IMO if we show up in hoards, they will not just put up with it.
    I have to agree, you now will start screwing the guys who are following the process. I am going to wait for my call to report not just show up.
    dalmation795 likes this.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Dalsh321;1386988]2ndGen was in this boat and just showed up yesterday at medical. They questioned him as to why he was there, but ultimately he pleaded his case and they let him stay and scheduled his medical. If I were you I would call some people to find out where your file got lost, b/c once Personnel has it after you passed BI, you should be called.

WOW!!! I dont know if I should be amazed or sick. It took balls, that is for sure... But doesnt this open them up to a new lawsuit now, if they just let one person in, dont they have to let the rest in also. But that is crazy, to just show up.

Quote Originally Posted by bagosoxgo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    2ndGen was in this boat and just showed up yesterday at medical. They questioned him as to why he was there, but ultimately he pleaded his case and they let him stay and scheduled his medical. If I were you I would call some people to find out where your file got lost, b/c once Personnel has it after you passed BI, you should be called.
    WOW!!! I dont know if I should be amazed or sick. It took balls, that is for sure... But doesnt this open them up to a new lawsuit now, if they just let one person in, dont they have to let the rest in also. But that is crazy, to just show up.
    With donuts.....lol <---- love it!!!

I can already hear the ball busting for that one. Hahaha
    Last edited by Shadez; 10-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Forum Member

I would agree you shouldn't just show up for uniforms without knowing you passed medical, especially if you just took it recently, b/c you will need your # to get a uniform. I think 2ndGen's situation was different in that he knew he had passed BI and Personnel had his file and he should have already been called and this is why I suggested the other guy head down there if he knew the same, b/c your file should be moved from BI to Personnel within days, so if you have been waiting weeks, you need to do something about it or be left out. The first calls went out that we know about for uniforms just yesterday, so nobody has been sitting around waiting, but medical calls have been going out for what, 6 weeks now and I would say everybody that took the CPAT on their own needs to have either gone into medical scheduling already or by this Thursday, or you need to do something about it, b/c I personally know someone that took the CPAT the City route and was contacted by their BI this week, so they're moving onto those people.

I just told my buddy here at work what 2ndGen did yesterday and he said he's leaving for lunch and he might just head over there to see if he can get in. LMFBO

I would agree you shouldn't just show up for uniforms without knowing you passed medical, especially if you just took it recently, b/c you will need your # to get a uniform. I think 2ndGen's situation was different in that he knew he had passed BI and Personnel had his file and he should have already been called and this is why I suggested the other guy head down there if he knew the same, b/c your file should be moved from BI to Personnel within days, so if you have been waiting weeks, you need to do something about it or be left out. The first calls went out that we know about for uniforms just yesterday, so nobody has been sitting around waiting, but medical calls have been going out for what, 6 weeks now and I would say everybody that took the CPAT on their own needs to have either gone into medical scheduling already or by this Thursday, or you need to do something about it, b/c I personally know someone that took the CPAT the City route and was contacted by their BI this week, so they're moving onto those people.
    Can't believe there were only 150 or so of the 700 of us who took the CPAT on our own. That's very surprising.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    Can't believe there were only 150 or so of the 700 of us who took the CPAT on our own. That's very surprising.
    I don't know that 700 took the CPAT on their own, I was thinking that was the total pool. I thought I recall only 4-500 left in the process after CPAT/BI. Yesterday Ms. Hammond said they have made it through 125-150 for medical scheduling through yesterday and then they have another 2-300 waiting, which I would assume are the people who took CPAT the CFD route.

I don't know that 700 took the CPAT on their own, I was thinking that was the total pool. I thought I recall only 4-500 left in the process after CPAT/BI. Yesterday Ms. Hammond said they have made it through 125-150 for medical scheduling through yesterday and then they have another 2-300 waiting, which I would assume are the people who took CPAT the CFD route.
    We all had the opportunity to take it on our own. I can't believe only 150 of us did that on our own. I was for sure all 700 or damn close to it would. Why wouldn't you if they specifically told us that would ultimately determine how they would be choosing people. That's what I meant...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadez View Post
    We all had the opportunity to take it on our own. I can't believe only 150 of us did that on our own. I was for sure all 700 or damn close to it would. Why wouldn't you if they specifically told us that would ultimately determine how they would be choosing people. That's what I meant...
    i don't ever remember them outright saying it. for me it was based on rumors i'd heard here and the fact that since the cpat is only good for one year, they'd take those that did it sooner first.

Thread Information