Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #1251
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Thank you for that info.

  2. #1252
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    i have come to the conclusion that we will never hear anything!

  3. #1253
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beverly
    Posts
    415

    Default

    My cousin took the Cook County Sheriff’s exam in the early part July of 07’, received her test results in early August, took the physical ability test a few days ago and is awaiting her background investigation. All that within 60 days. We’ve only been waiting 15+ months since we took the exam and 1 year since we received our letters saying we passed and still have no clue what’s happening next or when. Everyone I talk to says the same thing “no one knows what’s going on or what the hold up is”. One of my CFD neighbors told me that I should hear something sooner rather than later. Which is translated into “sit and wait” or "I have no idea what I'm talking about". The advice that was given to me was "go on with your life as if you never took the test because the wait will kill you". We'll find out some day whats going on but it looking like later rather than sooner.

  4. #1254
    MembersZone Subscriber
    JHR1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    you will hear something when they send out the letter saying that the next test will be may of 2009

  5. #1255
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beverly
    Posts
    415

    Default

    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 08-22-2008 at 04:17 PM.

  6. #1256
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default November 1st is a no go

    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    My buddies father in law who is a Chief told him that they are still want a Nov. 1 academy class. Even though no letters have been mailed out yet he was told yesterday thats the plan to have a class Nov. 1. He said if the Nov. 1 academy is a no go then the first class will be Feb. 1 of 2008. He said all classes have to start on the 1st or 16th due to pay period. It looks like February rather than November.
    Thats funny, February?, isn't that what Ashtray said. Like to see you bust your buddies father in law's *** like you did Ashtray's. Wait, better not, your buddies father in law might be Ashtray. Oh yeah, didn't Ashtray say there would be a class for EMT, Medic, or Paramedic come September. I think he/she did. I'm pretty sure he/she did, as a matter of fact, he/she did!!!! Astray made a mistake by giving his alleged resume which ****ed many off, (sorry, It's a lie, "I'm really a tool who is a nerd that lives with his parents".), but Ashtray was trying to inform everybody on this thread the facts. February to April 2008 is the date for the next firefighter academy. P.S. START RUNNING so you don't get passed by and lose out on the academy.

  7. #1257
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Thats funny, February?, isn't that what Ashtray said. Like to see you bust your buddies father in law's *** like you did Ashtray's. Wait, better not, your buddies father in law might be Ashtray. Oh yeah, didn't Ashtray say there would be a class for EMT, Medic, or Paramedic come September. I think he/she did. I'm pretty sure he/she did, as a matter of fact, he/she did!!!! Astray made a mistake by giving his alleged resume which ****ed many off, (sorry, It's a lie, "I'm really a tool who is a nerd that lives with his parents".), but Ashtray was trying to inform everybody on this thread the facts. February to April 2008 is the date for the next firefighter academy. P.S. START RUNNING so you don't get passed by and lose out on the academy.
    hey asshat stop saying your name in third person! There is no "EMT,Medic, or Paramedic" class right now so get your facts straight. They don't have guys who are strictly EMT's in the city and there's no difference between the word medic and paramedic when it comes to the job.

    On a side note a guy at work who is a cfd medic who is an owed cross-over said he was told december or january and if its december then you're gonna get a letter in november so no need to check the mailboxes everyday if you have a low number.

  8. #1258
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beverly
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Thats funny, February?, isn't that what Ashtray said. Like to see you bust your buddies father in law's *** like you did Ashtray's. Wait, better not, your buddies father in law might be Ashtray. Oh yeah, didn't Ashtray say there would be a class for EMT, Medic, or Paramedic come September. I think he/she did. I'm pretty sure he/she did, as a matter of fact, he/she did!!!! Astray made a mistake by giving his alleged resume which ****ed many off, (sorry, It's a lie, "I'm really a tool who is a nerd that lives with his parents".), but Ashtray was trying to inform everybody on this thread the facts. February to April 2008 is the date for the next firefighter academy. P.S. START RUNNING so you don't get passed by and lose out on the academy.
    Your #22 so it's not going to be hard to find you.

  9. #1259
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Thats funny, February?, isn't that what Ashtray said. Like to see you bust your buddies father in law's *** like you did Ashtray's. Wait, better not, your buddies father in law might be Ashtray. Oh yeah, didn't Ashtray say there would be a class for EMT, Medic, or Paramedic come September. I think he/she did. I'm pretty sure he/she did, as a matter of fact, he/she did!!!! Astray made a mistake by giving his alleged resume which ****ed many off, (sorry, It's a lie, "I'm really a tool who is a nerd that lives with his parents".), but Ashtray was trying to inform everybody on this thread the facts. February to April 2008 is the date for the next firefighter academy. P.S. START RUNNING so you don't get passed by and lose out on the academy.
    p.s. talk in the third person at the Academy #22, I'm sure you'll really turn some heads and impress some of the higher ups.. *makes jerkoff motion with hand*

  10. #1260
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beverly
    Posts
    415

    Default

    [QUOTE=ashtray;862280]Ashtray say there would be a class for EMT, Medic, or Paramedic come September. I think he/she did. I'm pretty sure he/she did, as a matter of fact, he/she did!!!! QUOTE]

    Did you check both male and female on your application or are you trying to tell us something different?

  11. #1261

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    The Calumet City Fire Dept. will be testing in the very near future. If anybody would like more info. I will gladly post it in a new thread. With a little help. I've tried to make a new thread and It will not post probably due to me being a new member. The only reason I came to the CFD thread is because I've ridden with CFD and Cal City a bunch and Cal City reminds me of a miniature CFD. So good luck to all on the CFD test and hopefully you are still testing if you got a crappy number like me.

  12. #1262
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    54

    Thumbs down Amazed

    wow you make yourself look like more of an idiot every time you post here....
    Do us all a favor go jump off a bridge, better yet go do it in the golf where none of us will have to come save ur dumb a**

    Sorry if anyone here is currently stuck in golf? and I cant seem to find that on the globe or by searches over google? "Golf Storm" hmmmmm

    Best of luck to everyone

  13. #1263
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Hey guys and gals, sorry to interrupt your conversations, but I figured I would let everyone know the Calumet City Fire Dept. will be testing in the very near future. I tried to start a new thread regarding this and it will not let me start one for whatever reason so I apologize for going on the CFD site. I've ridden with Chicago a million times and Cal City also and I can honestly say Cal City is like a miniature Chicago. Firefighers there are great. Anyways If anyone wants more info on the Dept. please start a new thread and I'll gladly give info on pay, benefits, stats, etc... Why not test while your waiting. Sorry again about interrupting. Good luck to all who have a low number unlike myself.

  14. #1264
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    82

    Default Good news

    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    Your #22 so it's not going to be hard to find you.
    I KNOW, isn't that great, can't wait to meet you. What is your number? 8000!!! Sorry BUGSBOY2007 if you want 22 all you have to do in the academy is ask me, "what is your number?", and you shall receive. Isn't life great? Come Februray there will be an academy and BUGBOY2007 will ring the bell and drop out like a NAVY SEAL wannaby. Quit being an aggressive asswipe before your ego dents your face. All I'm trying to do is let everybody know the academy starts between February/April 2008. Come February/April, if there is still no academy, you guys will never hear from me again. Stay patient, the letters will come before you know it. Work out or you will be passed over. P.S. I'm only five foot three, 120lbs, so don't be a bully, nobody likes a bully. OORAAAH, United States Marine Corps!!!!!

  15. #1265
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    57

    Default

    people already are in shape or getting in shape
    Last edited by AlKalineTrio; 04-14-2009 at 03:09 PM.

  16. #1266
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL. USA
    Posts
    34

    Exclamation .....

    Hey jerk oo* (ashtray) don't mention anything about a SEAL team ever again please!.....(from a ex member). You are degrading the integrity of many quality CFD candidates here in the Chicago area with your bull shi*. So SHUT THE FU*K UP ABOUT THE MILITARY!

    P.S. I can run faster than you no matter how hard you try!

  17. #1267
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Chicago, IL. USA
    Posts
    34

    Default .

    .....120lbs.....ha!

  18. #1268
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    deleted...
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 09-18-2007 at 11:44 AM.

  19. #1269
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default class action lawsuit

    Sorry to interrupt the flame war, but I'd like anyone from the 1995 list that was being processed last year to contact me. A group of us have a lawyer that is taking the case and needs to talk to everyone involved.

    If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact me at thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!

  20. #1270
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lustreking1 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the flame war, but I'd like anyone from the 1995 list that was being processed last year to contact me. A group of us have a lawyer that is taking the case and needs to talk to everyone involved.

    If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact me at thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!
    why would you get a lawyer? because the city DOESN'T owe u a job? or because they DIDN'T promise you anything? or is it because you guys don't understand the word CONDITIONAL!

  21. #1271
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    why would you get a lawyer? because the city DOESN'T owe u a job? or because they DIDN'T promise you anything? or is it because you guys don't understand the word CONDITIONAL!
    Why don't you shove it. It doesn't have anything to do with you so keep the stupid comments to yourself. Do you feel threatened that it may delay you longer than the CFD has already delayed it?

    It doesn't matter one bit what you think the City does or doesn't owe people that were in the middle of processing, the simple facts of the matter is

    1. It was wrong. They should have finished what they started them moved on to your group.

    2. It was never done before. Never in the history of the CFD did they stop processing people 3/4's of the way through and go to another list. Why start now.

    I'm personally very happy that there is a lawyer involved, not for the job, cause the way the CFD played us, they can suck it.

  22. #1272
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    Why don't you shove it. It doesn't have anything to do with you so keep the stupid comments to yourself. Do you feel threatened that it may delay you longer than the CFD has already delayed it?

    It doesn't matter one bit what you think the City does or doesn't owe people that were in the middle of processing, the simple facts of the matter is

    1. It was wrong. They should have finished what they started them moved on to your group.

    2. It was never done before. Never in the history of the CFD did they stop processing people 3/4's of the way through and go to another list. Why start now.

    I'm personally very happy that there is a lawyer involved, not for the job, cause the way the CFD played us, they can suck it.
    you're not delaying a thing. it's VERY VERY close to happening with the '06 test takers. you guys are not threatening anybody. make your own damn thread to complain about this nobody cares about you. why haven't you moved on? why do you still come on a thread about the 2006 test when you didn't take it? why is it that everytime you come on this thing it's to repeat the same thing you say to everyone else?! everyone is VERY AWARE you think you were wronged. keep it to yourself you stroke.

  23. #1273
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    47

    Default

    another thing guys... When the low numbers get their letters, it might not be the best idea to post it on here because the guys from the '95 list lawsuit are coming on here frequently to check. Everytime someone from the 2006 test has joked around saying they got their letter, there has been calls made to HR to try and open a can of worms. That's one reason why things are so "hush hush" right now and stories tend to change from the responses you get on the phone from the people in HR and personnel.

    "Some information has been submitted on Firehouse.com saying letters have been issued to the 2006 group, but none has been received."- taken from www.cfd1995lawsuit.com

    They have now involved us in the lawsuit by waiting to see when we get letters so they can really blow this up. Firehouse.com is open to the public and anyone who wants to can look up the conversations on here. How do you think they gathered the names of the guys who got conditional letters? Using this site and advertising it. Watch what you type because unfortunately the '95 guys are to. Why else would they still frequent a forum that has nothing to do with them?
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 09-18-2007 at 07:33 PM.

  24. #1274
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default once again for those that may have missed it...

    Sorry to interrupt the flame war, but I'd like anyone from the 1995 list that was being processed last year to contact me. A group of us have a lawyer that is taking the case and needs to talk to everyone involved.

    If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact me at thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!

  25. #1275
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    you're not delaying a thing. it's VERY VERY close to happening with the '06 test takers. you guys are not threatening anybody. make your own damn thread to complain about this nobody cares about you. why haven't you moved on? why do you still come on a thread about the 2006 test when you didn't take it? why is it that everytime you come on this thing it's to repeat the same thing you say to everyone else?! everyone is VERY AWARE you think you were wronged. keep it to yourself you stroke.
    Blah Blah Blah. Very Very close my ***. You have no idea when anything will happen, and I hope a can of worms are opened. How about you keep your stupid comments to yourself. Ahhh, another one of Chicago's finest in the making thats what you are KlumpASS

    Oh yeah, and by the way

    [If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!
    Last edited by CFDCandidate; 09-18-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

  1. soxsider,
  2. wtrfwlr1031

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register