Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Smile

whats your first name ashtray?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    another thing guys... When the low numbers get their letters, it might not be the best idea to post it on here because the guys from the '95 list lawsuit are coming on here frequently to check. Everytime someone from the 2006 test has joked around saying they got their letter, there has been calls made to HR to try and open a can of worms. That's one reason why things are so "hush hush" right now and stories tend to change from the responses you get on the phone from the people in HR and personnel.

"Some information has been submitted on Firehouse.com saying letters have been issued to the 2006 group, but none has been received."- taken from www.cfd1995lawsuit.com

They have now involved us in the lawsuit by waiting to see when we get letters so they can really blow this up. Firehouse.com is open to the public and anyone who wants to can look up the conversations on here. How do you think they gathered the names of the guys who got conditional letters? Using this site and advertising it. Watch what you type because unfortunately the '95 guys are to. Why else would they still frequent a forum that has nothing to do with them?
    Klump, the sentence about not telling anyone if you get a letter because of what the 95 guys might do is B.S. This thread is for 06 guys so we can exhange info especially that. Believe me any 95 guy calling up to complain about and 06 class academy starting is going to get the same response we have been getting " sorry no new info all info comes from the higher ups". If we stop with the info then theres no point in looking on this thread. I don't know about you but I'am really looking forward to hearing when the first set of letters come out.

It looks hot in there

How about we all just wait and see when the letters come out...everyone has said this is a waiting game, JUST like the FDNY test..it's been 240 plus days and I have not even gotten my final score/list number yet..I don't imagine I'll see that until prolly april or may of next year. Sure..i'm dying to know what it is, and where I stand..but me stressing about it, day in, and day out and holding senseless fights with some idiot on teh internet isn't going to do any good...so seriously..STFU and deal with waiting.

For the 95 guys, I feel for all of you, you got screwed. I hope I don't end up in your boat ever..that's a raw deal.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PocFFemt View Post
    Klump, the sentence about not telling anyone if you get a letter because of what the 95 guys might do is B.S. This thread is for 06 guys so we can exhange info especially that. Believe me any 95 guy calling up to complain about and 06 class academy starting is going to get the same response we have been getting " sorry no new info all info comes from the higher ups". If we stop with the info then theres no point in looking on this thread. I don't know about you but I'am really looking forward to hearing when the first set of letters come out.
    i agree thats why we are on here. at the same time i don't want to be stopped in my tracks being processed and put on hold because they saw we got our letters and their lawyer(s) commenced their lawsuit. just an idea guys. i think it's ridiculous that it's come to this.

Forum Member

This is getting better and better, 2006 don't worry about the 1995 guys slowing down anything, NOT gonna happen. That type of stuff happens all the time, it was just the first time the CFD pulled it off. No Judge will let this one even get passed the first stage.

MembersZone Subscriber

HAHA "Sense Less Fights" isn't that so true about the 95 guys.... Sorry to break it to you like everyone did including the CFD. You weren't Hired The Guy Next Too You Wasn't Hired and The Guy Next Too Him Wasn't Hired.... "Conditional" has your lawyer looked that word up in a dictionary or have you by chance... Stupid question but are you paying this lawyer with milk and cookies? Cuz im pretty sure my little cousin would take the case too... ok sorry i just find all of you cry babies amazing. And even more amazing that you would cry (in a child's voice) to HR cuz someone on Firehouse.com said letters were out and an academy was stated with a date...(or something like that). Im not threated by anything you or your lawyer, yes the CFD has jerked around and dragged this on for awhile now even for us fellow 2006 candidates.
    Who cares if they hadn't started ending 3/4 the way through a process. This is apparently where they started it wasn't your decision it was the "higher ups".... Yea no one wants to hear it and we all will keep it in the back of our mind when we start processing and it will suck if it happens too us but if it does tough i guess it wasn't meant to me.

Good luck to the 2006 testers... for the rest of you apply for your social security or something I COULD CARE LESS.......

Forum Member

Default I've noticed a trend here..

For all the paranoid frothing at the mouth, all the I COULD CARE LESS chest thumping and the assurances that you aren't "threatened" by the actions of the 1995 class, you sure do act like you are.

Forum Member

Default Btw...

Sorry to interrupt the flame war, but I'd like anyone from the 1995 list that was being processed last year to contact me. A group of us have a lawyer that is taking the case and needs to talk to everyone involved.

If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact me at thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!

I'm going to repost this every time someone whines about it. Thanks for keeping the thread alive!

between 50 and 60 people where processed 100%!!!!! We where just waiting to get the call to start class. All of these people put their life on hold as well as their family's . I don't know about the others and how far or how many where in what stages or processing. When you get a full physical, stress tests, ekg,hearing, eye, 4 urine tests, 1 hair test, investagator coming to your house to make sure you live their and asking neighbors about you, photo taken for id purposes,and a contract that states that WHEN THEIR IS A OPEN POSITION IN THE CHICAGO FIRE DEPARTMENT ACADEMY YOU ARE IN.
    and your telling me that would not make your mad and to just blow it off. Where not talking about 500 or 600 people just 50 or 60 tops so what would it hurt to put these people through. These guys have been waiting 12 years and some not all are younger guys (32 to 35). ALL THEY WANT IS A CHANCE not money not damages. Just for the city to hold up their end of the bargain

Forum Member

Default who cares

To the 95 guys, I really don't care what you write on this thread. You can write all day about your lawsuit. Sure you guys got screwed sure it was wrong, but the powers that be said they wanted younger fresher guys off a new list. Your list was 12 yrs old, and i'll bet in that whole time you 95 guys never once thought about being firefighters until you got a letter 11yrs later. Now you want to say you are owed something, wrong. What you should have done if you really wanted to be a firefighter. Is from the time you took the 95 test you should have looked at poc departments or volunteer departments got your emt and the medic license. Started testing suburban and maybe got hired there. Then if you got called for chicago you could of decided suburban or city. All I'am saying is being a fireman takes special individuals that risk there life everyday, and until you step into your first fire you have no idea how you'll handle it. That being said post what ever the hell you want.

Forum Member

Default Miss a little, miss a lot!

Damn, I don't check out the site for a few days and this happens? PocFF, what happened with you? You used to contribute productive info to this site? And Klump? The CFD1995lawsuit.com site was set up to move some of the 1995 posts and info from this thread. The "1995 guys are pulling you into the lawsuit"???? Come on, the post was just what it is, information. Do you really think if you don't POST when you get the letters, nobody will know? Also, the conditional letter guys SUBMITTED their info on the other site, that is how we got their info. Look, whether you like it or not, the 1995 group and the 2006 group are inextricably related (at least until the 2006 guys get letters and any 1995 lawsuit is resolved). Don't say no judge would hear this case, just look at the present discrimination suit, how many people have thought that was ridiculous? So far as CONDITIONAL Ngerman, here is the definition according to Webster's:

1: subject to, implying, or dependent upon a condition.

Now...CONDITION

1 a: a premise upon which the fulfillment of an agreement depends.

If you read the letter, it was "conditioned upon an open position in a training class at the Chicago Fire Academy". Hmmm.... an open position, WHEN? Pretty vague, I'd say. Couple this with the fact that every darn person that we talked to in the CFD (up until we stopped processing, and then some after that) said we were in the Academy, "better move to the city", etc. Look at some of the key words in the definition, "implying", "agreement", etc. The 1995 group did not make assumptions, suppositions and guesses as to whether they were being hired. They were TOLD they were being hired. Not by a secretary at a desk, but Captains, proctors and investigators. What they did assume was that they were being told the TRUTH. Just like the 2006 guys are assuming now.

Commissioner Orozco and Larry Langford telling the press how desperate they were for the 2006 class and here we are 3 1/2 months later and still no letters. Think of the guys from 2006 who have now (or will) lose out because they turned 38 while waiting (I know quite a few with low numbers who are now OUT). Sure, you can lick your chops and say "more for me"! But when do YOU get sick of being lied to. Hey, I know A LOT of fireman, many even family. It is one of the best jobs around. And for many, it is not just the pay, the benefits, the side jobs. It is more, like you said PocFF. However, how many of the CFD now were LIFERS like you Poc? Very small group I bet, yet most of that group, like my brother, brothers-in-laws, cousins and good friends, all turned out to be great firefighters. The problem here is not Firefighters. As a matter of fact, EVERY single firefighter I have talked to have agreed that we were screwed and a lawsuit is the way to go. The problem is the CFD hiring process.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. People, all people, should be ****ed at the way this works. All the lies, politics and secret bullsh*t. At this point, I'd really just like to change the process. Who benefits most from this?, the ones who took the 2006 test. I really do not believe I have a chance in hell to be hired. I'm not holding on to anything. I know some guys are, especially those with the letter. I didn't get a letter, but believe me, I'm sure as hell am going to help these guys any way I could. I no crusader, just ****ed and hate to see people wronged and hate to see people get away with lies like the ones spewed by Larry Langford. Not personal, just business. I do agree that most 1995 stuff should be kept to a minimum here. Lustreking was just trying to let anyone from 1995 on this site know about the lawsuit. I'll open up board on the CFD site (and all you 2006 guys can post, sh*t, I'll even delete someone that flames ya!). Many here have TRIED to post productive info here. However, with nothing to report, the crazy rumors, flaming and namecalling occurs. Hey, here's a deal. I posted a lot about the LEWIS discrimination suit before. Since that is the lawsuit that WILL affect the 2006 guys, I'll post some of that case info if you let me post on your site. DEAL? Seriously, if that appeal is denied, it will put a wrench in everyone's hiring (and it has been 3 1/2 months since the stay! Beware!). That is all, carry on! Wait, PocFF(not picking on you), with the lack of info/post material, I'd think a little fodder from the 1995 guys would make some good reading anyways.

Heavy

PS - Lustreking, Bob and all the rest of the 1995 guys, I will forward all the names and be in contact. Sorry I missed the meeting. All you fine 2006 guys, good luck! Even the ones hating.

MembersZone Subscriber

it's funny you guys try and plea your case that you aren't watching to see what the cfd does with the 2006 guys...If you weren't then you wouldn't even be on here. Funny how everytime someone says something negative about the 1995 candidates this thread gets swarmed with you guys! I think CFD"Candidate" (and i use quotes because you're not a candidate) is the most immature guy on here. You sound like a little girl. You were on the '95 list ACT YOUR AGE! POC i agree with you that these guys should've got on a dept. and got some certs. That's what I did and I'm on other lists. I want CFD but i have a back-up plan because since day one i wanted to be a firefighter. I find it VERY hard to believe you guys wanted this job that bad and that you were holding out the past 11 years for cfd. stay off this thread because nobody cares to hear about your lawsuit that you are pulling together because stuff you heard. We all have heard stuff from family memebers on cfd saying "yeah it's coming this month''. I have heard it all and guess what it didn't make me change anything in my life or put anything on hold. you guys have nothing in writing.

Forum Member

Default and again..

Sorry to interrupt the flame war, but I'd like anyone from the 1995 list that was being processed last year to contact me. A group of us have a lawyer that is taking the case and needs to talk to everyone involved.

If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact me at thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    it's funny you guys try and plea your case that you aren't watching to see what the cfd does with the 2006 guys...If you weren't then you wouldn't even be on here. Funny how everytime someone says something negative about the 1995 candidates this thread gets swarmed with you guys! I think CFD"Candidate" (and i use quotes because you're not a candidate) is the most immature guy on here. You sound like a little girl. You were on the '95 list ACT YOUR AGE! POC i agree with you that these guys should've got on a dept. and got some certs. That's what I did and I'm on other lists. I want CFD but i have a back-up plan because since day one i wanted to be a firefighter. I find it VERY hard to believe you guys wanted this job that bad and that you were holding out the past 11 years for cfd. stay off this thread because nobody cares to hear about your lawsuit that you are pulling together because stuff you heard. We all have heard stuff from family memebers on cfd saying "yeah it's coming this month''. I have heard it all and guess what it didn't make me change anything in my life or put anything on hold. you guys have nothing in writing.
    Gee, if I'm the little girl, whats that make you? I respond to a post and you come out crying like a little bitch. I act my age, how are you acting? Hmmm, let's see... You come out swinging like your little dream kingdom is being attacked. You call names, make derogitory remarks about other members, you call 1995 people losers that should move on, etc etc etc. Well if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black.

And you know what, just to **** you off I will continue to call myself CFDCandidate and I dont give a rats *** what you think. You don't know me, you have never met me, so you can hide behind your monitor in your moms basement with all of your Rescue Me posters and firetruck models that you built when you were ten and call me whatever you want. I really don't care.

It is probably a blessing that I wasn't called. Otherwise I'd have to work with jerkoffs like you Klumpass

Oh and I almost forgot.

If you were being processed from the 1995 list please contact thirsty_@hotmail.com to join the lawsuit. Thanks for the space to post this in and good luck to everyone else from the 2006 list!

I'm going to repost this every time someone whines about it. Thanks for keeping the thread alive!

Forum Member

Looks like the city is finally going to hire off the new list.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Default More info...

Klump, first of all, of course people from 1995 come to this site for info. However, what happens with the 1995 group and what happens with the 2006 group are separate. Cool it with all the cloak and dagger stuff. People aren't crying to HR about the letters (or lack thereof) because it doesn't matter. My beef with no letters really is that the CFD brass was crying about needing FF's and still haven't moved. I actually want you guys to get letters, we can coexist. Also, of course people from 1995 will come to defend themselves when attacked, but why are they attacked in the first place? Because someone posts a link/email for the lawsuit? Why, when some posts something about 1995 are they "crybabies". Like I said, I've spoken to many firefighters who think we SHOULD file a lawsuit. They believe we got screwed and since they are in the CFD, they see beyond the prize. Overall, we will not affect you (as you have stated), so why not allow people to post on occasion without calling them crybabies, etc. That being said, I don't want to see 1995 people flaming 2006 because it just creates this crap.

Also, again, I would gather 85% of the CFD just got called and weren't career guys. Nobody was waiting around, but like all, we knew we were on a list. You make it seem as though, since we weren't EMT's, Paramedics or FFs in the suburbs, we wouldn't make a good FFs now. We all have back-up plans (actually, it is not a back-up, it is our present life). But here you are, telling people who went through the process, that they were NOT promised jobs, when sure as hell, they were. When you have an investigator and a Captain telling you to move to the city ASAP, that you are IN, you don't rely on that? We sure couldn't rely on a higher up since we couldn't get answers from them. Just because we weren't salivating for 11 years to get on the CFD doesn't mean that we don't have rights now after having 1 1/2 years of our life interrupted on some level. Whatever the case, I just say quit all the arguing. One day, we may meet as FFs or you may fight a fire at our house or save our lives. Either way, we need to get along and at the very least, respect each other and our positions (even if you don't agree with it). God knows, it is more than either group has gotten from the CFD so far. Lastly, in my quest to provide info for ALL, here is the latest on the LEWIS appeal.

GOOD LUCK to all! HEAVY

LEWIS APPEAL UPDATE

Court of Appeals Docket #: 07-2052 Filed: 5/7/07
    Nsuit: 3442 Civil Rights Jobs-Fed. Ques.
    Lewis, Arthur L., et al v. City of Chicago
    Appeal from: United States District Court

Lower court information:
    District: 0752-1 : 98 C 5596
    Ordering Judge: Joan B. Gottschall, Judge

6/14/07 Supplemental record on appeal filed. Contents of record: 3
    vol. transcripts. [07-2052] [2112541-1] (dave)

6/18/07 Terminated attorney Clyde Murphy for William R. Muzzall,
    attorney Clyde Murphy for Pamela B. Adams, attorney Clyde
    Murphy for Arthur C. Charleston, attorney Clyde Murphy for
    Gregory S. Foster, attorney Clyde Murphy for Arthur L.
    Lewis and added attorney Matthew J. Piers per disclosure
    statement. Disclosure statements filed for Appellee Arthur
    L. Lewis, Appellee Gregory S. Foster, Appellee Arthur C.
    Charleston, Appellee Pamela B. Adams, Appellee William R.
    Muzzall by Matthew J. Piers and Joshua Karsh. [07-2052]
    [2101161-1] (amyd)

6/19/07 ORDER: Pursuant to Circuit Rule 33, briefing will proceed
    as follows: [2101161-1] SCO [07-2052] Appellant's brief due
    8/20/07 for City of Chicago. Appellees' brief due 9/19/07
    for William R. Muzzall, for Pamela B. Adams, for Arthur C.
    Charleston, for Gregory S. Foster, for Arthur L. Lewis.
    Appellant's reply brief due 10/3/07 for City of Chicago.
    (hard)

7/30/07 ORDER: Pursuant to Circuit Rule 33, briefing will proceed
    as follows: [2101161-1] SCO [07-2052] Appellant's brief due
    9/10/07 for City of Chicago. Appellee's brief due 10/10/07
    for William R. Muzzall, for Pamela B. Adams, for Arthur C.
    Charleston, for Gregory S. Foster, for Arthur L. Lewis.
    Appellant's reply brief due 10/24/07 for City of Chicago.
    (amyd)

8/27/07 ORDER: Pursuant to Circuit Rule 33, briefing will proceed
    as follows: [2101161-1] SCO [07-2052] 1. Appellant's brief
    due 10/5/07 for City of Chicago. 2. Appellee's brief due
    11/5/07 for William R. Muzzall, for Pamela B. Adams, for
    Arthur C. Charleston, for Gregory S. Foster, for Arthur L.
    Lewis. 3. Appellant's reply brief due 11/19/07 for City of
    Chicago. (hudk)

Forum Member

I wonder how many people off the 2006 list would even take the job now. Hell its been almost a year and a half since the test. Im guessing maybe as many as half would refuse it or not even show up for further processing. Just thought I would try to change the subject a little.

Forum Member

Default no disrespect

heavy i mean't no disrespect toward you guys, its just simple frustration. For the lack of info we get from Hr and not one having a clue on whats going on. All i mean't by my comment was if this career is what you really wanted to do, why not persue other angles. Not saying you guys would make bad ff's, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Do what ever you have to, to make your dreams come true. Simple as that don't rely on one place
    Last edited by PocFFemt; 09-22-2007 at 06:50 PM.

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by Tedski1663 View Post
    I wonder how many people off the 2006 list would even take the job now. Hell its been almost a year and a half since the test. Im guessing maybe as many as half would refuse it or not even show up for further processing. Just thought I would try to change the subject a little.
    I have a feeling that only the ones who really want this job will show..chances are many, many, many who took the test won't bother even if they get called.

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

i think everybody needs to remember there are THREE things holding the process up:

1- lewis v. chicago
    2- the 95 processed suit (or risk of one)
    3- the fact the city wants to get contracts with worker's unions that are good through the possible olympics. i know they have reached settlements/agreements with a number of the cities departments unions...but they have not reached one with local 2.

it's bad for everybody (the 06 guys, the 95 processed guys, the city, and current cfd personnel)...arguing over the internet won't make it better for any of us.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
    I have a feeling that only the ones who really want this job will show..chances are many, many, many who took the test won't bother even if they get called.
    I really don't think there would be many people who would turn down the oppurtunity after only a year and a half considering its been over ten years since the last test and people from the 95 test are still fighting to get on. I think most people who took the test realize its a long process.

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    I really don't think there would be many people who would turn down the oppurtunity after only a year and a half considering its been over ten years since the last test and people from the 95 test are still fighting to get on. I think most people who took the test realize its a long process.
    Right..the ones who really want it will be there. But the people that did it just for giggles, won't bother.

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

I usually dont post but this waiting is really getting ridiculous. Almost 2 years. WTF. I guess there may be some advantages to it for us younger guys. I am around #2000 and I figure by the time the process begins a good 20% may be ineligible due to age restrictions. My only worry here is that they may completely disregard the 2006 Exam and reissue a new one. A big waste of money to the taxpayer if they do. Anyone think this is possible?

I figured that i would register and tell you guys that might not know that the city will be putting a new class of paramedics starting on november 1st. So far 5 of my friernds have gotten phone calls from the IAD officers that ran them through all of their processing that they did more that a year ago.

So far this is what is happening. The class will star on Monday November 1st and will be made up of 20 paramedics. The reason for the small class is because the academy could only get funding for 20 canidates. These medics are being hired from the 2004 medic list, not the 2007 medic list( which I am on ).

Some people are saying that they are forcing this small class through to replace the 20 or so medic crossovers for the next fire academy class, rumored around 75 total, crossovers being roughly 30%. Nobody knows a possible start day for that either, but im sure you will have plenty of advanced warning to get ready for it.

So, even if you aren't a medic, it's good news for you. The city is finally hiring again with a rumored fire academy in the works. Also, if this has been posted already, I appollgize, I looked for it but couldn't find a topic about a CFD medic class. And if you don't believe me, just call around and talk to some people. The word is out, its not a secret anymore.

Forum Member

Default Congratulations, "Conditional" offer of employment

I just want to thank Heavy69 and CFD candidate for keeping everything in perspective. I may be new to this thread but, I have been watching for a very long time. This site is the most informative site I have seen yet. Thank you!
    Re: Conditional- I recieved that letter. Mine sais that an offer has been extended to me on the "condition" that
    1. I pass the physical portion of the screening
    2. conditioned upon an open position in a training class at the Chicago Fire Academy
    Well I passed the physical. I'm just waiting for them to live up to the offer that was made. There were no disclaimers at the bottom of the letter and, there was no fine print. I'm just waiting for the next opening.
    If the next opening is filled by a 2006 guy, great for him. Not so great for the Citizens of Chicago who will foot the bill for the lawsuit that will follow.
    This is not about 95 vs. 06. This is about people who WERE told that they would be "starting in November".
    We were processed and promised.

Thread Information