Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 552 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

  1. #1021
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    Dude, nobody is jumping on you. He's telling you how it is. It took six months time just to get to the background portion.
    he is telling me how it is?!?! who are any of you to say how it is!? the city can do whatever they want! I'm tired of playing kiss *** with you guys. start a different forum please for the love of god! The forum is about the 06 test not about how you guys were wronged. You all should have moved on in life really! You are going to write a newspaper and then what? you all say "oh the cities tax dollars are being thrown away if they don't hire us!" How about the tax dollars being used to have the '06 test to get younger guys on and they are still waiting that sucks? you guys had the option of being well-qualified you didn't get it. If only they placed our test like yours then we would be happier. I'm positive in myself that i had a good chance on being well-qualified but i got that taken away from me and now just because some guy has a better ss# he is getting on before me even if i got 100% right on that test and he got a 70%. Bottom line you should have scored better. There were other tests to be taken. Why didn't you get your fire science degree or your medic and test suburbs and get on there? Because until you got a letter you probably wrote it off. Now you get something in the mail and did some processing and think you deserve the job over us.


  2. #1022
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Joey,

    I'm not trying to start an argument with you, nor is what I am about to say an attack on you at all, I am an '06 guy but I agree with what Heavy and CFD are doing. They are fighting until the end, no matter how grim the circumstances are there is no shame in fighting until the end, personally I feel that never say die attitude is something that many firefighters have and should have. You yourself mentioned that you only care about yourself getting on the job, why would you think they should have a different attitude about that?

  3. #1023
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 08:08 PM.

  4. #1024
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1986 View Post
    he is telling me how it is?!?! who are any of you to say how it is!? the city can do whatever they want! I'm tired of playing kiss *** with you guys. start a different forum please for the love of god! The forum is about the 06 test not about how you guys were wronged. You all should have moved on in life really! You are going to write a newspaper and then what? you all say "oh the cities tax dollars are being thrown away if they don't hire us!" How about the tax dollars being used to have the '06 test to get younger guys on and they are still waiting that sucks? you guys had the option of being well-qualified you didn't get it. If only they placed our test like yours then we would be happier. I'm positive in myself that i had a good chance on being well-qualified but i got that taken away from me and now just because some guy has a better ss# he is getting on before me even if i got 100% right on that test and he got a 70%. Bottom line you should have scored better. There were other tests to be taken. Why didn't you get your fire science degree or your medic and test suburbs and get on there? Because until you got a letter you probably wrote it off. Now you get something in the mail and did some processing and think you deserve the job over us.
    Dude, chill out. Why do you have to be an ********* all the time? The City and the Fire Department knew full well that they were going to have a new test last year and they chose to continue with processing from the '95 list. They had an option to stop it then, and they didn't. Bottom line is you should just shut your trap.

  5. #1025
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martz847 View Post
    Hey, I can say the same thing to the '95 guys. Boo hoo hoo. You guys got screwed...we'll life sucks...join the club. This forum is called "Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006," not let's feel sorry for the '95 guys and call every newspaper in town. I'm sure another forum would work if you would create one. Gather your '95 guys together in another forum and make a statement.

    Instructor I Basics...

    Purpose - Objective - Decision - Implement - Evaluate
    Same thing goes for you, shut your trap. You little children think you know it all.

    Oh gee guys, lets move to another forum, cuz the 2006 guys said this one is for March 2006 only, ewwww very exclusive company.

  6. #1026
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 08:07 PM.

  7. #1027
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by martz847 View Post
    Dude I'm probably older than you, but I'm not going to get into a ****ing match with you about that. You need to take your '95 news article recruiting else where b/c no one cares about that in here except you and maybe one other guy. Great you contacted someone who is willing do an article on how you feel. It's a great media story...maybe you'll get your picture in the paper and get the fame you have been looking for all these years.

    I know guys from my Dad's generation who tested back in the early 70's and didn't get hired because the city needed to hire more minorities at that time and they were well qualified and white. That was even back when it was about who you knew from the neighborhood. This **** is not something new. Get over it and move on. This forum from what I understand is about what is going on with the recruiting process for the 2006 exam. The city is very tight lipped on everything so it's good we have a forum to try and share information. You are trying to get people to talk to the newspapers over a lost cause and one that has been going on since the 70's. You are not the only one or testing group this has ever happened too. Welcome to Chicago.
    You are providing nothing useful to this thread. Big crybaby doesnt want us here cause this is for 2006, blah blah blah

  8. #1028
    Forum Member DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    You are providing nothing useful to this thread. Big crybaby doesnt want us here cause this is for 2006, blah blah blah
    Dude, get a life, many other departments have hired thousands of guys in the last 11 years. If you are really qualified and deserving you could have gotten on with one of them. Leave these guys alone and cry up your own thread.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  9. #1029
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Dude, get a life, many other departments have hired thousands of guys in the last 11 years. If you are really qualified and deserving you could have gotten on with one of them. Leave these guys alone and cry up your own thread.
    You asked you anything. How about STFU?

  10. #1030
    Forum Member DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    You asked you anything. How about STFU?
    You show yourself to be a class act and man of action. It is a wonder you are not a Department Chief somewhere with your go go attitude.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  11. #1031
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Yeah, and I am not about to get into a ****ing match with some yahoo that I wasn't even talking to in the first place.

  12. #1032
    Forum Member DennisTheMenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC/Northern Virginia
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    Yeah, and I am not about to get into a ****ing match with some yahoo that I wasn't even talking to in the first place.
    Seems the guys that started the thread were not talking to you either tough guy.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

    Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

  13. #1033
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Whatever, your useless. Since this is a public forum you or anyone else for that matter can't tell me what to say. Tough guy. ewww so scr'd now.

  14. #1034
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlet05 View Post
    Joey,

    I'm not trying to start an argument with you, nor is what I am about to say an attack on you at all, I am an '06 guy but I agree with what Heavy and CFD are doing. They are fighting until the end, no matter how grim the circumstances are there is no shame in fighting until the end, personally I feel that never say die attitude is something that many firefighters have and should have. You yourself mentioned that you only care about yourself getting on the job, why would you think they should have a different attitude about that?
    I agree with you i dont care if they call a newspaper. I don't agree that these guys are deemed the providers of all correct information. I don't agree that everytime someone comes on here and provides information for the '06 testers on THE '06 FORUM they feel the need to tell us how we are wrong and how they know everything. CFDCandidate why do you have to get in a ****ing match with me and everyone. I'm not starting a fight with you man so calm down cause your making yourself look bad on here really you fight with everyone. You guys REALLY should start another forum you could gather more guys feeling they got cheated and get a circle jerk goin'. I don't understand why people get offended that i could care less that they get on. How would cfdcandidate,heavy69, and ANYBODY ELSE GETTING ON HELP ME!?! I want to get on the job but if i don't guess what I have this thing called a back up plan. Should have got one of those in '95. I know it was a DECADE ago but i'm pretty sure they still existed then.

  15. #1035
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default

    i'm done hearing about the '95 list guys sorry but i could care less
    Last edited by JoeyT1986; 06-19-2007 at 05:01 PM.

  16. #1036
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Joey, you can go screw yourself like you do just about every night. I do not fight with everyone on this board, yourself and a couple other jerkoffs is all. You are a little whiney bitch and as I said before and and say it right now, I feel sorry for any Company in Chicago that gets you. You are only interested in your benefit and well being and screw everyone else. You are a little boy that has a lot of growing up to do. You have no freakin clue what any of us do for a living, so stop it with the backup plan b.s. I don't need to be CFD. I certainly hope your not either, because Chicago has enough assclowns, they don't need anymore.
    Last edited by CFDCandidate; 06-19-2007 at 05:19 PM.

  17. #1037
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    First, let's not make this a battle between the '06 and '95 guys. JoeyT, nobody was "jumping" on you. I was telling you what my opinion is from what I (and many firefighters) have gone through. Joey, you are always throwing out "I heard from this guy" info. I'm saying if you look back, most of it has not been accurate. WHY, because no one really knows what is going on except some hiring ups (and they may not even be sure). I know this board works partially on rumors/secondhand info, but 95% has been innaccurate. I've done it myself, I know. But that is why I went through the trouble of posting the facts from the lawsuit, to help weed out some of the "disinformation". Let's not start a big '95 vs. '06 flaming, alternative info is not "jumping down your throat".
    Aircrew, I see what your saying but this isn't entirely the same thing. This is public taxpayer funded job, not a private sector. Plus, usually when people go through the process, there is a job there at the end of the tunnel. Not everyone gets the job, but some at least have a chance.

    This was written later, since I was still finishing the above info. JoeyT, you are something else, how can any of the guys out here either on the job or '06 support this guy. Everybody has a guy in the crowd like JoeyT that says he knows this guy or that guy. Or who brags I have this certification and this training, BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! Truth is JoeyT, you are the guy who all the group laughs at for being an idiot. You talk and everyone shakes their head and rolls their eyes. Other guys, even the ones clammering for the '95 guys to STFU, I respect for just being honest - I see their point. You, I don't get one bit. Just remember that it wasn't the '95 guys who beat you up as a kid. Who are we to "tell you how it is"? The whole point was to tell you how processing was since we went through it, as did the firefighters on the job. Never got hired (and won't I'm sure), but did go through processing in the CFD TO COMMENT ON IT. Playing "kiss ***"? You have been the most abrasive, selfish, jagbag guy on this site. God help the house and firefighters unfortunate enough to get you. Also, when will people realize that this thread isn't just about '06, but what happens to the '95 guys. Some guys here have tried to turn this into an US vs Them mentality. Our beef isn't the same as the lawsuit. Give us some leeway for trying and sticking up for ourselves. If we don't get on, no hard feelings to the '06 guys that do. If we do get on, then the '06 guys will still be right there and won't have long to wait.

    JoeyT, you keep talking about us thinking the job is "owed" to us despite the fact most have written otherwise. The job isn't owed, but some closure is. Most here from '95 and '06 just want answers from the city/CFD. Once I get them (either through hiring, official notice, whatever), I move on. Meanwhile, I don't NEED this job and actually have a good job. Firefighter is just something I would like to do. Once they start hiring the '06 guys, the '95 guys are irrelevant to this thread. I'll still post here, but not to bust balls. I don't claim to be the provider of correct info. If I give facts (like how long processing to me or court info), I say it. If I give opinion, I say it. I never said you were DEAD wrong on September, just some reasons why it is unlikely - that is called a COUNTERPOINT. It doesn't have to be an argument.

  18. #1038
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Wow, I thought something big happened with all these new posts but just a bunch of bitching!!! In my opinion the '95 guys have added alot of useful info to this forum and its more about the current CFD situation and not only about the '06 guys. I say put the '95 guys in the academy while they process us '06 guys.

  19. #1039
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigern79 View Post
    Wow, I thought something big happened with all these new posts but just a bunch of bitching!!! In my opinion the '95 guys have added alot of useful info to this forum and its more about the current CFD situation and not only about the '06 guys. I say put the '95 guys in the academy while they process us '06 guys.
    Bigern79... thanks. However, I just heard some info and it isn't going to happen. I'll take this as my "official" word for the '95 guys. For all the 2006 guys, good luck. You should be getting your ticket punched soon. I'll stick around the boards if anybody has some processing questions (Hey, I'm still good for something, right?). If anything, I hope the process opens up a bit for you guys since we all deserve a little honesty. Hang in there and do NOT move into the city or quit your job until you know for sure.

  20. #1040
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    143

    Default

    i dont understand why you would say "i feel bad for the house you get on" because why? because i am sick of hearing about your plans to write a newspaper? yes that going to make me a horrible firefighter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 7 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World Of Fire Report: 03-19-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 11:02 PM
  2. World Of Fire Report: 03-15-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  3. World Of Fire Report: 03-09-05
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
  4. World Of Fire Report: 03-29-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 10:52 PM
  5. World Of Fire Report: 03-28-04
    By PaulBrown in forum World of Fire Daily Report
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts