Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

MembersZone Subscriber

i'm in the 13,000's and holding my breath

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    i'm in the 13,000's and holding my breath
    15,000's here...I figure we won't know how they have selected things until someone gets a letter. It's time to move back into the gym.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
    15,000's here...I figure we won't know how they have selected things until someone gets a letter. It's time to move back into the gym.
    The way I read the letter is that even though you have a number it is completely random and it doesn't matter what 'number' you are right now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    The way I read the letter is that even though you have a number it is completely random and it doesn't matter what 'number' you are right now.
    here we go again...

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    Right...I understand that, it's been explained here ad nauseum..no need to go over it again.

What I meant was...

Rumors are bounding around again as to are they starting with one, or choosing your random number, randomly..

www.vententersearch.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Right...I understand that, it's been explained here ad nauseum..no need to go over it again.

What I meant was...

Rumors are bounding around again as to are they starting with one, or choosing your random number, randomly..
    wow...choosing a random assigned number randomly again...c'mon guys honestly! why would you get a number from the city through your ss# to then randomly lottery off those numbers...i have talked to many people on cfd and hr and personnel all who have told me they are going in order! I was told that it's looked at by courts as random selection and will avoid lawsuits. A woman at CFD personnel told me that if they were to go through the numbers and lottery off all of them then it could be faulty and there would be speculation on how certain numbers may be. For example it could start a war if they call #'s 5, 2000,and 8000 and two of those guys have a last name of some white shirt on the job. It could go on forever every drawing it would be investigated on who gets called. Use your heads!

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    wow...choosing a random assigned number randomly again...c'mon guys honestly! why would you get a number from the city through your ss# to then randomly lottery off those numbers...i have talked to many people on cfd and hr and personnel all who have told me they are going in order! I was told that it's looked at by courts as random selection and will avoid lawsuits. A woman at CFD personnel told me that if they were to go through the numbers and lottery off all of them then it could be faulty and there would be speculation on how certain numbers may be. For example it could start a war if they call #'s 5, 2000,and 8000 and two of those guys have a last name of some white shirt on the job. It could go on forever every drawing it would be investigated on who gets called. Use your heads!
    Of course this is what HR is going to tell you. I can guarantee that every time someone asks a question about this test, they have a scripted answer to give you. Why, that way when a lawsuit or something else comes up..all of the answers that were given to anyone who asked are the same.

www.vententersearch.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Of course this is what HR is going to tell you. I can guarantee that every time someone asks a question about this test, they have a scripted answer to give you. Why, that way when a lawsuit or something else comes up..all of the answers that were given to anyone who asked are the same.
    okay so you are calling yourself wrong...AGAIN THEY ARE STARTING AT 1!!! Christmas is coming late this year VERY LATE like 10 years!

It looks hot in there

okay so you are calling yourself wrong...AGAIN THEY ARE STARTING AT 1!!! Christmas is coming late this year VERY LATE like 10 years!
    I'm not trying to start a fight....but show me proof that this is the case. The only thing we can prove is that all we know rumors. There is no solid proof of anything, by anyone. All that's been proven is that there are lots of rumors. Everytime I've called HR to figure things out, all they ever say is. "we don't know when any further processing will begin."

www.vententersearch.com

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm not trying to start a fight....but show me proof that this is the case. The only thing we can prove is that all we know rumors. There is no solid proof of anything, by anyone. All that's been proven is that there are lots of rumors. Everytime I've called HR to figure things out, all they ever say is. "we don't know when any further processing will begin."
    You have a brain right? then use it! Give me one reason why they wouldn't go by social security numbers when they have in the past and now they have gone as far as to give us our numbers. With a number in the 10,000 range you would hope it going to be a random selection but tell me WHY WOULD THEY DO IT? Every person who sits there and says "They are still going to lottery off the numbers." has a number like yours. Also everytime I have called HR or personnel they ask me "well what number did you get in your letter?" and I tell them and they say "well you will be the first to know when letters are sent cause you will be in the first batch of letters sent out" (due to a low number). After they say that they usually ask "Is the last number of your ss 9?" and I say yes. Then they say congrats that I lucked out.

It looks hot in there

You have a brain right? then use it! Give me one reason why they wouldn't go by social security numbers when they have in the past and now they have gone as far as to give us our numbers. With a number in the 10,000 range you would hope it going to be a random selection but tell me WHY WOULD THEY DO IT? Every person who sits there and says "They are still going to lottery off the numbers." has a number like yours. Also everytime I have called HR or personnel they ask me "well what number did you get in your letter?" and I tell them and they say "well you will be the first to know when letters are sent cause you will be in the first batch of letters sent out" (due to a low number). After they say that they usually ask "Is the last number of your ss 9?" and I say yes. Then they say congrats that I lucked out.
    Just like everyone else..who knows why big cities do anything. If I were to freak out about me getting a high number then I would be on here every five minutes, saying "omg you people are buch of know nothing retards because I talked to someone in HR, or my brother who knows someones cousin at the academy..blah blah blah"

Okay, so from this day forward, as far as i'm concerned, my number might as well be 1, or 17,000 because I don't know any more than anyone in between there. Neither do you. Call HR all you want. They will tell you what they WANT you to hear..which, chances are, is what they are telling everyone.

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

Default letters will be in the mailbox tommorrow

i was told that the letters were sent out yesterday. and that they are randomly picking 500 out of the whole list. i found it hard to believe they would take random numbers from a random list, but that is the deal. start looking tommorrow, maybe even today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by finone View Post
    i was told that the letters were sent out yesterday. and that they are randomly picking 500 out of the whole list. i found it hard to believe they would take random numbers from a random list, but that is the deal. start looking tommorrow, maybe even today.
    I can see someone with clout with a number of 17222 getting the first call if the post by fineone proves to be true. The City knows who has what radom number and who that number belongs to weather your #1 or #17463. If this is true it would be a bad sign unless you know someone, so start using your connections now if you have any. It will be a free for all. This latest rumor should set off this message board with some good posts. Can't wait.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Just checked the mail.. I'll be seeing you guys at the Physical agility.

Yours truly, #12,428

.. nah I'm just ****ing wtih ya, haha but I agree that we should be seeing some interesting posts on this board now in the comings hours/days/weeks etc.

Forum Member

it's no rumor. i have not told bullsh** since i been on this site. just wait one more day, if you are going to be a lucky one.

Forum Member

it's no rumor. i have not told bullsh** since i been on this site. just wait one more day, if you are going to be a lucky one.
    I apologize.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 10-20-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Forum Member

Let's see how the low number crew reacts to this one

If anyone gets a letter please keep us posted. You do not have to mention the exact number. Just a ballpark figure is fine.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I apologize, first I never said you posted B.S. I said a rumor which may or may not prove to be true. I've posted things that proved not to be true and they came from people who are on the CFD (Bat. Chief). I never thought that I posted B.S., I posted what I heard (rumor) and it some things turned out to be false. Also I did not know that you had a source who was 100% positive that the letters were mailed yesterday and that they were radomly picking numbers from our random numbers. I assume you asked you're source how they picked the second set of random numbers from our random numbers since you're on the list? If not, call you're source now and let us know how they picked the new numbers.
    hey bugsy i have read your posts before and saw that you knew some high up people...i was wondering if you contacted them on this because have a number under 50 i had high hopes throughout this whole thing and wanted to know if you heard anything. Any family member or friend on the job has told me that they are starting at one and the only people to ever tell me they weren't were people on the list with high numbers.
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 10-04-2007 at 01:28 AM.

Forum Member

etruyuiu7777
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 10-20-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Forum Member

Thumbs up new info

Well what i just heard which is from 2 reliable sources. Is that they finally got a confirmation letter stating they intend on putting a class in Jan some time. Unlike the rumor that floated around in july which that one i guess never had that letter. Second i was told some 200- 500 letters were sent out. Hopefully this isn't all make believe. Keep your fingers and toes crossed guys. And wheres JoeyT been Klumpas you know

Forum Member

Default chicago testing

i've heard they only test once every 10 years...anyone confirm this? if so when did they last test and any idea on when it will happen again?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antsmarching View Post
    i've heard they only test once every 10 years...anyone confirm this? if so when did they last test and any idea on when it will happen again?
    They last tested in March of '06, time before that was in '95. When they first announced last years test they were aiming to do it every two-three years. Good luck on that happening.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PocFFemt View Post
    Well what i just heard which is from 2 reliable sources. Is that they finally got a confirmation letter stating they intend on putting a class in Jan some time. Unlike the rumor that floated around in july which that one i guess never had that letter. Second i was told some 200- 500 letters were sent out. Hopefully this isn't all make believe. Keep your fingers and toes crossed guys. And wheres JoeyT been Klumpas you know
    okay new info...i got a phone call about an hour ago out of nowhere (i didn't call asking questions or anything) saying that #1-600 got letters sent out today and you will get one either tomorrow or friday if you're in that number range...like i said it was out of nowhere so we'll see tomorrow or friday!
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 10-03-2007 at 11:21 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

hey guys let's concentrate on whats REAL IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW! The Cubbies beating the D-Backs!

Forum Member

Do you really believe that they are that organized and loyal to the department line?
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Thread Information