Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 541 of 552 FirstFirst ... 41441491531538539540541542543544551 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,820 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

AJG and Kozone, when was your BI done? Had mine a little over a month now and haven't recieve medical call yet, just wondering. Thanks

AJG
    Forum Member

Mine was just completed last week, guy came down to my apartment on the 29th

Forum Member

do u live un the city ajg?

AJG
    Forum Member

yes i do...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nuphoxay View Post
    AJG and Kozone, when was your BI done? Had mine a little over a month now and haven't recieve medical call yet, just wondering. Thanks
    My background investigation started three weeks ago it took just under two weeks to get cleared .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nuphoxay View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Investigator came on a Saturday morning and I talked to him the following Friday, he said he turned in my file that day. Haven't heard for medical. Could have been another week, it was around the time I got married so it was a blur. Been staring at my phone trying to will it to ring.

JMH
    Forum Member

question for the thread..are any guys on here taking a per workout supplement like NO explode? was curious if this is something I should worry about with drug testing. I'm assuming its ok to take, but just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    question for the thread..are any guys on here taking a per workout supplement like NO explode? was curious if this is something I should worry about with drug testing. I'm assuming its ok to take, but just curious if anyone has any experience with this.
    Your good. There's no band substance in that stuff. Check out informedchoice.Org

Forum Member

Ur good on the drug test. I would stop taking it 48-72 hours before your medical. Nitric oxide supplements are vaso dilators and will cause blood pressure, EKG abnormalities. Just another thing that will need to be cleared up, and delay things.

JMH
    Forum Member

ok thanks

Chicago23 thanks for sharing the funeral home website too haha..I found the correct website though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    ok thanks

Chicago23 thanks for sharing the funeral home website too haha..I found the correct website though
    Lol sorry about that bro.

Forum Member

Chigo, so I take it that you were one of the two alternates that did not get in that were at FP? No clue how many people didn't get an appointment for the Commissary, such as myself, but if you didn't and you have to get your stuff from them, make sure you get down there and I would suggest you try and go early. If a bunch of people try and go in there Friday without appointments, I would bet they turn some guys away.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Chigo, so I take it that you were one of the two alternates that did not get in that were at FP? No clue how many people didn't get an appointment for the Commissary, such as myself, but if you didn't and you have to get your stuff from them, make sure you get down there and I would suggest you try and go early. If a bunch of people try and go in there Friday without appointments, I would bet they turn some guys away.
    No, I'm unfortunately not one of the alternates, but thanks for looking out. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next class. I'm bummed, but at least I'm still in the process, and another 3-4 months is nothing in the great scheme of things.

Forum Member

The more I read this thread the more I pray for a third class.. It seems like a lot of people who hoped for class 1 are being bumped to 2. I just got called for a bi less than two weeks ago :/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    The more I read this thread the more I pray for a third class.. It seems like a lot of people who hoped for class 1 are being bumped to 2. I just got called for a bi less than two weeks ago :/
    I think that's the hope for most people, and it's possible given the capital investment if enough people make it through BI. Especially with staffing supposedly short and how long it takes to administer the written from the time it's given, then get results, then assign RANs, and begin processing which has been a break neck process right now, that looks like 12 months minimum.

Forum Member

Yea that's true. Every background check. Drug test. Medical exam etc costs the city money. They wouldn't be wasting money on us if they weren't planing in hiring more

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chigo23 View Post
    No, I'm unfortunately not one of the alternates, but thanks for looking out. Looks like I'll have to wait until the next class. I'm bummed, but at least I'm still in the process, and another 3-4 months is nothing in the great scheme of things.
    Gotcha, was just assuming based on you saying 2ndgen may have taken your spot. There were 5 alternates at FP, 3 of them being given a spot during FP, so thought you were one of the 2 that did not get it.

Anyway, you're correct, 3-4 months is nothing and if you haven't heard from medical, I assume you passed and you should be good to go once you get the call.

Forum Member

Double Post

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalsh321 View Post
    Gotcha, was just assuming based on you saying 2ndgen may have taken your spot. There were 5 alternates at FP, 3 of them being given a spot during FP, so thought you were one of the 2 that did not get it.

Anyway, you're correct, 3-4 months is nothing and if you haven't heard from medical, I assume you passed and you should be good to go once you get the call.
    Ya i probably shouldn't have said that about 2ndGenCFD because I don't know if he did or not. Lets hope so about medical.

Forum Member

Hey KOZONE any updates from thurs?
    How many people were there with you

Thread Information