Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 543 of 557 FirstFirst ... 43443493533540541542543544545546553 ... LastLast
Results 10,841 to 10,860 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I have a feeling that the guys in the academy have been told to stay off these forums. It seems very unlikely that nobody would have given an update by now unless that was the case. Sucks for us, cause I know we all want to know how things are going. I have a buddy in there right now, so I will see if I can dig some info from him and relay it to everyone

Forum Member

I heard a guy give weekly updates on what was going on in the academy on this thread it should be a few hundred pages back. He was in the last class before the lawsuit class if you find it let me know what page it's on.

Forum Member

Interesting rumors about Zbikowski on fire side chat...
    http://www.boards2go.com/boards/boar...63&user=dune23

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Runner05 View Post
    Nuphoxy have you heard from medical yet? I had my bi done two weeks ago and haven't heard from them
    Still waiting

Forum Member

Nice find on the zbikowski article. Funny stuff. Did you read the updates, the last which says that he's out?? ****ed hot on day 2. That is ridiculous if true

Forum Member

Hey all, I've been following this post on and off since the beginning and instead of trying to uncover all my questions myself I figure I'll just ask. I understand that a class just started but I'm just curious as to what number aprox was this class up to? Also I understand that there are a bunch of peopel currently in the process and/or waiting for the next class to start and if anybody has the aprox what number this includes. Also are there enough people playing the waiting game to fill another class or two. I'm an 01 and it seems that if another batch of interest letters was sent out I might be included ( I know long shot and don't have hopes up, just wishful thinking).Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graft View Post
    Hey all, I've been following this post on and off since the beginning and instead of trying to uncover all my questions myself I figure I'll just ask. I understand that a class just started but I'm just curious as to what number aprox was this class up to? Also I understand that there are a bunch of peopel currently in the process and/or waiting for the next class to start and if anybody has the aprox what number this includes. Also are there enough people playing the waiting game to fill another class or two. I'm an 01 and it seems that if another batch of interest letters was sent out I might be included ( I know long shot and don't have hopes up, just wishful thinking).Thanks.
    Sounds like there will be two more classes of 150

Forum Member

Sounds like there will be two more classes of 150 out of the group currently processing. When I scheduled medical in October she said they might do one more group after this.

Forum Member

My suspicions were right, we won't be hearing anything from guys in the class. That is coming from a friend of mine who's in there right now. Going to get very quiet around here

Forum Member

Seems that a few of the instructors down there were following this thread leading up to final processing. They let it be known to everyone that they were aware of all the talk that went on this forum. They might even know a few of the candidates who were posting on here beforehand. all the big talkers that were on here are now probably trying to fly under the radar at the academy. They might be scared to post in fear of retribution(more up and overs, or something to that extent).

Forum Member

Once you hit the academy, the only one that can cost you the job is you. I'm sure those guys are busting their tails physically and studying to make sure they get through. They don't need outside distractions like this.

Forum Member

any updates as far as medicals calls? I figure nithing is going on this week bc of the holiday

Forum Member

What's up boys, just wanted to wish everyone a happy turkey day. To keep you guys in the loop (because I would have liked someone to do the same if I was still waiting) it is great to finally be in the academy, but it is tough. It is pretty much like boot camp. No matter what you do you are wrong, or mess up...and than you get lit-up. You just don't have P-T, but whenever you screw up or anyone screws up, you pay for it physically. It is tough. Also, be prepared to be screamed at for everything. Besides that it is good to be in. I hope when we get down to the fire side, they have better instructors. We have a lot of instructors right now that barely have anytime on the job, and I think are just down there to feed their egos, or are ducking from doing the job....because some of them are real jokes....others are cool. It is kind of a joke. I am hoping they are just there because it is the EMT stuff, and the guys who actually have experience fighting fires are going to be those teaching us how to be firefighters. Besides that the only other thing I wanted to pass on, is that I heard a few instructors say that the Feb class wasn't a definite now, and they may be going back after we leave....you guys may want to make sure and keep in touch with ms Hammond for info on that. OK boys, enjoying the day off before getting my butt kicked tomorrow.

Forum Member

Wow!! The guy with less than two weeks on the job is firing away. I wonder if this guy is even the class.

Forum Member

Happy Thanksgiving Goldie! Thanks for the updates.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2002 View Post
    What's up boys, just wanted to wish everyone a happy turkey day. To keep you guys in the loop (because I would have liked someone to do the same if I was still waiting) it is great to finally be in the academy, but it is tough. It is pretty much like boot camp. No matter what you do you are wrong, or mess up...and than you get lit-up. You just don't have P-T, but whenever you screw up or anyone screws up, you pay for it physically. It is tough. Also, be prepared to be screamed at for everything. Besides that it is good to be in. I hope when we get down to the fire side, they have better instructors. We have a lot of instructors right now that barely have anytime on the job, and I think are just down there to feed their egos, or are ducking from doing the job....because some of them are real jokes....others are cool. It is kind of a joke. I am hoping they are just there because it is the EMT stuff, and the guys who actually have experience fighting fires are going to be those teaching us how to be firefighters. Besides that the only other thing I wanted to pass on, is that I heard a few instructors say that the Feb class wasn't a definite now, and they may be going back after we leave....you guys may want to make sure and keep in touch with ms Hammond for info on that. OK boys, enjoying the day off before getting my butt kicked tomorrow.
    You're either not in the class or you're a ****ing idiot.

Forum Member

So who else had fun telling all the family that you are still waiting and not sure what's going on.
    CFDhopeful likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bilyboy View Post
    So who else had fun telling all the family that you are still waiting and not sure what's going on.
    I know exactly what you mean.

Forum Member

Just a word of warning. What you post here, it's public, anyone can read it. And yes, the current class and everything that was posted here was followed. If you are going to post, then post positive and informative content, just use common sense. And when you enter the halls of either Fire Academy South or the Quinn, go in with an open mind and be eager to learn. You are coming on the job as a Firefighter/EMT. The EMT is a very important part of your job as well, considering 90% of your call volume will be EMS. You, coming on are a new generation and should be much more open minded than someone of the likes of goldie. And just remember, if someone calls you out on something, if you are a team player, you'll admit to it, otherwise the innocent will get lit up as well. This separates the men from the boys.

Forum Member

Has anybody heard any updates on the February class?

Thread Information