Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 548 of 557 FirstFirst ... 48448498538545546547548549550551 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

I am in the current class and I just wanted to say congrats to all of you on receiving your letters for FP. I wont tell you guys what to expect as I think it will be beneficial for you to learn on your own. I will say you guys are in good hands. LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN! That is good advice. Trust me. Again, congrats to all. And yes a third class looks very likely. I look forward to seeing you guys soon. We will be at the Quinn soon but I'm sure we will all cross paths at some point during your training.

Forum Member

A letter. No email.

Forum Member

Along with teddy and nbsmith and the rest of the guys that were on here thats in the class with us, CONGRATS. If anyone understands how excited and nervous and anxious u are, we do. Now start working out and get ur ducks in a row. Been a long wait for all of u and it's paid off. Ull hear it hundreds of times and its true, this is the best job in the world and u won the lottery. Best of luck gents.

Forum Member

Anyone who did CPAT on their own still waiting on medical, or is it just me? Hey bily did you try getting a hold of Ms. Hammond on when the next medicals will be? I tried emails and calls but no luck. Me and you were in the same orientation class, so I have a feeling our calls for medical will be around the same time. I'm praying for this third class, seems like that's our only hope. Congrats to everyone and thanx to the guys in the class for the great advice and support.

Forum Member

No letter. Figures.. Did u get one chicgo

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoblaze View Post
    Just got mine as well. Pretty pumped, but it feels surreal right now. Ironically, I just got hired by a suburban dept fulltime 4 months ago. Now to decide to stay or go
    I hear you man, I deferred the last class. I guess it's hard to leave a good thing! Anyway congrats to all that have made it to FP and remember guys, when you get to the drill hall on the FP date… SHUT THE HECK UP! This was a problem with the last group. We were warned a bunch of different times to be quite, so just don't talk. My feeling is we will have to pay for this day one of the academy.

Well good luck everyone

Forum Member

Does anyone know if everyone goes to fp at once or if they spilt us into small groups over a few days like medical signups

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone heading in for FP. Best of luck to you all.

Forum Member

Got my letter.

Spoke with my guy, he told me to expect to be at FP all day. They didn't get out till 4:30. He also told me to bring a couple of protein bars and a water because there is no lunch break either.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread. To everybody who got their FP letters I can't wait to meet you and call you my co workers. And to you firehouse.com, good riddance. You're like that bad girlfriend who you know you need to break up with but can't.

Forum Member

Chicgo23 did u get a letter?

Forum Member

new to thread, took my medical in late December no fp letter yet

Forum Member

I did too cubs really hoping we get ours next week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDhopeful View Post
    Anyone who did CPAT on their own still waiting on medical, or is it just me? Hey bily did you try getting a hold of Ms. Hammond on when the next medicals will be? I tried emails and calls but no luck. Me and you were in the same orientation class, so I have a feeling our calls for medical will be around the same time. I'm praying for this third class, seems like that's our only hope. Congrats to everyone and thanx to the guys in the class for the great advice and support.
    I did not find out about when next medical dates are. I just know that everything is ok with my file. That was all the info I hit when I called a few weeks back.

Forum Member

Just got my Letter for FP after deferring the last class… I'm out of state FYI

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenCFD View Post
    Along with teddy and nbsmith and the rest of the guys that were on here thats in the class with us, CONGRATS. If anyone understands how excited and nervous and anxious u are, we do. Now start working out and get ur ducks in a row. Been a long wait for all of u and it's paid off. Ull hear it hundreds of times and its true, this is the best job in the world and u won the lottery. Best of luck gents.
    YOU DIDN'T WIN THE LOTTERY!!! As a good friend of mine who got hired in another town once told me, everyone says I won the lottery, I tell them "I didn't win the lottery, people win the lottery every day, this is BETTER!!"

Good luck! And Congrats!
    2ndGenCFD likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone who took the dec or jan medical get letters yet?

Forum Member

Just as a helpful reference for you guys, I was in the Oct 24th medical "setup" and took my medical on November 1st. Got my letter two days ago for fp.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info Chicagoblaze.

I was in the same group and had my medical exam a few days after you. I thought that I would have received a letter by now. I live in the city, but the mail delivery on my street has been quite random lately.

Is the FP next week like I read a few posts back?

If so, I might need to call if I don't see the letter tomorrow.

Forum Member

no fp letter yet...runner05

Forum Member

Also to clarify, I did receive an email that came a few days after the letter

Thread Information