Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Anyone know how many cards were turned in? Just curious.

Forum Member

Goin to see my Attorney. Can you sat INJUNCTION?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownMedic View Post
    Yes all new hires, who were not EMTs, must take the national during the fire academy. If you already have your national then you will have to take the CFD exams but not sit for the national. In regards to FFII, same thing applies. You still must do every exam but you won't have to sit for the OSFM exam but all other exams must be taken.
    I hear that national is a real kick in the groin.

Forum Member

Default cfd5 don't sweat it

I took the emt-b national and just passed the state paramedic test.. Just as long as you pay attention and study alittle you should do just fine.

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by jcrewx7 View Post
    Goin to see my Attorney. Can you sat INJUNCTION?
    ??? WTF are you talking about.
    'Adversus incendia excubias nocturnas vigilesque commentus est"

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PureAdrenalin View Post
    ??? WTF are you talking about.
    YOU"LL SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL!!

It looks hot in there

YOU"LL SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOL!!
    Yeah...whatever. And I suppose you're about to hold the world hostage for a million dollars, just don't bother..it's been done before.

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

Yeah...whatever. And I suppose you're about to hold the world hostage for a million dollars, just don't bother..it's been done before.
    Don't need a million dollars. Just what's rightfully mine, thank you.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nothing is rightfully yours you stroke. It's pointless to tell you guys the meaning of CONDITIONAL over and over. Go ahead and make a big stink about this. I'd keep it off the forum though. This thread is monitored and you look pretty immature for someone as old as yourself.

Forum Member

I'm curious. What is rightfully yours? Did you pass '95 Well Qualified?
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    Nothing is rightfully yours you stroke. It's pointless to tell you guys the meaning of CONDITIONAL over and over. Go ahead and make a big stink about this. I'd keep it off the forum though. This thread is monitored and you look pretty immature for someone as old as yourself.
    Have a nice life ladies!!

It looks hot in there

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    Oh god..another one? I'm just as supportive as the next guy, but seriously..'95 guys..it's time to give up the ghost.

www.vententersearch.com

Forum Member

Default Chicago FD Military Test

The City of Chicago is holding a test for all Military Personnel that were active duty at the time of the last exam. You must send a formal letter and have DD214 forms ready and submitted by November 26th. For more info call the Local 2 office or PM me your email and i will forward you the letter I have.

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh god..another one? I'm just as supportive as the next guy, but seriously..'95 guys..it's time to give up the ghost.
    was that aimed towards me?

Forum Member

it's been two weeks since the interest cards were due, and no word back on the physicals. i'm starting to think we can forget about a january class. maybe march is the new january.

Forum Member

Default You Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    it's been two weeks since the interest cards were due, and no word back on the physicals. i'm starting to think we can forget about a january class. maybe march is the new january.
    Did you really think the City of Chicago was going to move fast on this? Guys who took the Engineers exam are still waiting for their results. It;s been over a year!!

Stop whining,sit back relax, wait til they contact you!
    Nothing the city does goes quick and if you can't wait I suggest another department or another profession.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMo View Post
    Did you really think the City of Chicago was going to move fast on this? Guys who took the Engineers exam are still waiting for their results. It;s been over a year!!

Stop whining,sit back relax, wait til they contact you!
    Nothing the city does goes quick and if you can't wait I suggest another department or another profession.
    no...i wasn't serious, and i am not whining. if you thought i was whining...i apologize...that was not my intention.

having lived in chicago my whole life...i am very familiar with the city, and how quickly they move. i understand all the uncontrollable forces that are involved in any city hiring, wether it be ff, engineer, or even a city electrician.

i have the "winning the lotto" approach to the entire process...when (or IF) it happens...great. and i know it can be 6 weeks, 6 months, 6 years, OR NEVER (for those having turned in the interest cards).

JohnnyMO...thank you for the info you have provided (and we hope) will continue to provide.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMo View Post
    The City of Chicago is holding a test for all Military Personnel that were active duty at the time of the last exam. You must send a formal letter and have DD214 forms ready and submitted by November 26th. For more info call the Local 2 office or PM me your email and i will forward you the letter I have.
    And just how are they going to swing this, With the random assigned number deal they will not have a chance no matter what they score, They are just going to waste time and money on this. Hell of a way to run a test, The Old Commish Quinn is rolling over in his grave with what these people have done to his Dept.

Forum Member

I received my letter for the agility test today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tahoeblazer View Post
    And just how are they going to swing this, With the random assigned number deal they will not have a chance no matter what they score, They are just going to waste time and money on this. Hell of a way to run a test, The Old Commish Quinn is rolling over in his grave with what these people have done to his Dept.
    I think you're post came out the wrong way. The City is doing the right thing by giving the guys and girls who were on active duty a chance to get on the CFD. I also believe the City puts a certain percentage of Vets in each class. So, it's not a waste of time and money and I believe they have a very good chance of getting on. Good for them and the City!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    what did it say bugsy?

Forum Member

Smile It's true

Received my letter today too. Very excited. The information is comprehensive and detailed but I can't explain specifics. Just make sure you follow everything to the "T". A simple mistake can cost you this job. The first 500 will be meeting soon, so make sure you guys/gals show up prepared, happy, and ready to kick ***. Hope all respondents pass the test. GOOD LUCK!!

Forum Member

I think you're post came out the wrong way. The City is doing the right thing by giving the guys and girls who were on active duty a chance to get on the CFD. I also believe the City puts a certain percentage of Vets in each class. So, it's not a waste of time and money and I believe they have a very good chance of getting on. Good for them and the City!
    I am all for giving them a shot at the test, The point I was trying to make is, #1 They take the test and pass, #2 The numbers they get assigned are going to be in the 17000's, correct, Because everyone who already took the test have numbers assigned, and there cannot be double numbers assigned. Or are they going to held in a different category.

Forum Member

Default Physical Abilities Test

I received my letter today....

12/6 at noon...

Good luck to everyone!

Forum Member

Talking

Got my letter also, 12/11 at 8am

Thread Information