Page 61 of 557 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 11121
Like Tree284Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

[grgregregdfs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Listen up ladies, If this news is going to make you wet your panties, put on a diaper. Come September/October there will be an EMT class for paramedics, not firefighters. If you have a number between 1 and 500, you will receive your letter by the end of the year (November). Anybody with those numbers needs to start running your *** off, like there is no tomorrow. Only the best 100 will participate in the academy. One out of five chance, for the first class. Good odds. Furthermore, the academy for firefighters will start between February or April 2008. If your an alcoholic stop drinking, If your a dope smoker stop smoking, if you smoke cigarettes stop smoking, if you can't run a mile in a half in 9 minutes (Marine Corps Time) start running, if you owe the City of Chicago money pay up, and if your an idiot then don't pay attention. Can't wait to see the 99 wantabees tow their own against an Eagle Scout with 3 Palms, (Troop 803,GO) USMC Veteran who kicked *** in Golf Storm, Desert Shield, Restore Hope Somalia, (M.P company Security Battalion) along with other campaigns which are classified. Who Knows, I could be one of your trainers. Nevertheless, start running like your life depends on it. Stop drinking and smoking like your life depends on it. The most important thing to the hiring process is be honest and have a residence in the City of Chicago. Good luck Ladies, I hope your dreams become reality.
    Not true. If you are called for processing, the only way NOT TO go in the academy is failing your drug test, failing the agility test (which is easy, even if it is changed from the 95' guys) ie. need women on the CFD), have a serious health problem or failing the back ground. Everyone that is called for processing has the same odds of getting on as the person who is also in processing. This job is not a competition like other fire departments.

Oorah!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    PS- Where was Golf Storm again? Sounds like a special edition VW.
    LMFAO!!!!!

Forum Member

Exclamation confused

With all this different info i don't know who to believe. I mean astray only had 2 prior posts with no info at all. now all of sudden he has a full page of info, truth or not it could be possible. Anything at this point is possible

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    Not true. If you are called for processing, the only way NOT TO go in the academy is failing your drug test, failing the agility test (which is easy, even if it is changed from the 95' guys) ie. need women on the CFD), have a serious health problem or failing the back ground. Everyone that is called for processing has the same odds of getting on as the person who is also in processing. This job is not a competition like other fire departments.

Oorah!!
    Hahahahahaha. I am sure there are alot of people from last year that would disagree with that one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CFDCandidate View Post
    Hahahahahaha. I am sure there are alot of people from last year that would disagree with that one.
    I forgot to include you guys.

Forum Member

I forgot to include you guys.
    No harm no foul

Forum Member

Listen up ladies, If this news is going to make you wet your panties, put on a diaper. Come September/October there will be an EMT class for paramedics, not firefighters. If you have a number between 1 and 500, you will receive your letter by the end of the year (November). Anybody with those numbers needs to start running your *** off, like there is no tomorrow. Only the best 100 will participate in the academy. One out of five chance, for the first class. Good odds. Furthermore, the academy for firefighters will start between February or April 2008. If your an alcoholic stop drinking, If your a dope smoker stop smoking, if you smoke cigarettes stop smoking, if you can't run a mile in a half in 9 minutes (Marine Corps Time) start running, if you owe the City of Chicago money pay up, and if your an idiot then don't pay attention. Can't wait to see the 99 wantabees tow their own against an Eagle Scout with 3 Palms, (Troop 803,GO) USMC Veteran who kicked *** in Golf Storm, Desert Shield, Restore Hope Somalia, (M.P company Security Battalion) along with other campaigns which are classified. Who Knows, I could be one of your trainers. Nevertheless, start running like your life depends on it. Stop drinking and smoking like your life depends on it. The most important thing to the hiring process is be honest and have a residence in the City of Chicago. Good luck Ladies, I hope your dreams become reality.
    First off, paramedics are not going through an EMT program when a paramedic is a step above EMT so right there you're wrong. Second, they aren't going to make it a 9 minute mile and 1/2 run. I don't care how hopped up on crack you are even if you keep a pace of 10mph the entire time you will be making it exactly at 9 min. Save the nonsense about the marines for someone who cares. Then you should get your story together before you blurt out things that make no sense at all.

Forum Member

Who knows when you will get the letters, even after you get the letters you still have to pass the physical test, drug test, stress test, and the physical exam. Its Aug. and it will take at least three months if not more to process those on the '06 list. We took the engineers test last year and still no word on our score, so don't expect to get your letter and get into the academy the next week or even the next month.

But the city better get off its *** because after Nov. it will be in a world of hurt because of OT (maybe I'll actually get rehired for a full 24).

But as for standards when I went through the academy the physical standards were
    1. 1.5 miles in 12:00
    2. 3 pullups
    That was it and no one failed even the 300lb 5'5 guy. Don't get in shape for the standards get in shape for your own pride.

MembersZone Subscriber

Content Removed
    Last edited by martz847; 06-07-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Forum Member

Yep, those requirments look right on point. ALSO have to remember that they arn't going to have u running 9min 1.5 miles from jump (even if they make you do that at all). They build you up, IE first day they'll see where you are (IE: timed mile) and as long as you show an improvment during the weeks you are there then thats all they care about. For example, in the police acadamies here in New Jersey they don't have you running 9 min 1.5 miles from jump, they build you up. The requirments listed above are the min. it will take for the acadamy to get you upto speed physically. Pretty much they are saying if you can do that, then you can keep up and improve at the pace we are going to go at.

All those war stories people tell you about having to run 7 miles in the acadamy (police or fire), it is true, but after significant training and conditioning (IE: they build you up). The acadamy that makes you run 7 miles from jump day one is not practical, they are pretty much forcing you to just get hurt and drop from the class, NJ state police doesn't even make you do anything close to that day 1 and its supposed to be one of the hardest public saftey acadamies in the country.

Settle down Francis, your tirade is an embarrassment to my Marine Corps and Boy Scouts around the world.

And what is this Gulf/Golf Storm you speak of? I served in Desert Storm. Take your B.S. elsewhere.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Oorah!!
    This is also not true Bugs. We were called in for processing and not hired, due to the CFD calling us too old when the '95 list had no age requirement from the get go. Or, other political reasons.

Forum Member

Thumbs down

Gee, another weekend of no letters? What the heck is the City waiting for?

Forum Member

Email me CFDCandidate
    prats@sbcglobal.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Skully2007 View Post
    Email me CFDCandidate
    prats@sbcglobal.net
    Can't share with the rest of the class?

Forum Member

Default Everybody has already been informed by Ashtray

You've already been informed. The first 500 candidates will receive their letters by the end of November. The City of Chicago will have a class for paramedics come September and then will turn to the 2006 firefighter list for a class come the new year, between Feburary/April, depending on finances. So, write, complain, dream, and/or reply all the BS you want on this thread, this is fact. Patience is a virtue. Now comes another matter. Dennis the Menace has declared Ashtray is an embarressment to his Marine Corps and Boy Scouts around the world. Ok Dennis the Menace, aka SALLY, let the war begin. Your user name and post numbers might look big but I can't wait for the academy to begin. Hope your in my class. My nickname will be "ashtray" and I will make it known. I also expect you to call me out, in front of said class, and let everybody know what an embarrassment I am to you. I will save your life in a fire, I will help your ebonics speaking upbringing academically, I will support your efforts to become a firefighter, and I will kick your *** in front of the class if you ever disrespect me again. Love ashtray

MembersZone Subscriber

You've already been informed. The first 500 candidates will receive their letters by the end of November. The City of Chicago will have a class for paramedics come September and then will turn to the 2006 firefighter list for a class come the new year, between Feburary/April, depending on finances. So, write, complain, dream, and/or reply all the BS you want on this thread, this is fact. Patience is a virtue. Now comes another matter. Dennis the Menace has declared Ashtray is an embarressment to his Marine Corps and Boy Scouts around the world. Ok Dennis the Menace, aka SALLY, let the war begin. Your user name and post numbers might look big but I can't wait for the academy to begin. Hope your in my class. My nickname will be "ashtray" and I will make it known. I also expect you to call me out, in front of said class, and let everybody know what an embarrassment I am to you. I will save your life in a fire, I will help your ebonics speaking upbringing academically, I will support your efforts to become a firefighter, and I will kick your *** in front of the class if you ever disrespect me again. Love ashtray
    You are an embarassment. Come in here shooting your mouth off like you're some big shot, maybe you are telling the truth... The approach you are using makes you look like a complete idiot though. You can't spell, you're making up wars and you are using the Boy Scouts to scare us? Personally if I were you and you are at the academy i'd pick a new nickname... Nobody will respect you from here. Good luck on your *** kickings.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaFoam View Post
    You are an embarassment. Come in here shooting your mouth off like you're some big shot, maybe you are telling the truth... The approach you are using makes you look like a complete idiot though. You can't spell, you're making up wars and you are using the Boy Scouts to scare us? Personally if I were you and you are at the academy i'd pick a new nickname... Nobody will respect you from here. Good luck on your *** kickings.
    What he said.....

Semper Fi,
    Dennis
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Default Question to ASHTRAY

Ash... you say in your post about the Sept paramedic class and Feb/April start for the 2006 people that "you may be one of the trainers". However, in June you posted "My number is 22 off the 2006 exam" ( http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...378#post821378 ).

Will you be a trainer for yourself in that Feb/April class? I have to imagine (or pray) that some of what you are saying is tongue in cheek. The "Golf Storm" thing (OK, just a misspelling), the Eagle Scout thing, the older post that SSN# are like VIN's and based on age (remember that Dennis?). Also, a straight up paramedic class? And 4 of 5 dropped before the Academy? You are privey to some REALLY drastic changes that NO ONE knows about (Must be from the covert stuff you did). Just a little ball busting, hard to believe that most of what you say is true. Far enough out in left field that I gather your kidding, just stop scaring the boys. They are jumpy enough already. If you are completely serious, then I'm afraid, VERY afraid! Either way, if you do kick Dennis' *** at the Academy, you will be tossed. Ahh crap, now I"M at war with ashtray! Just having fun, because the way this process has been, that is all you can do. Now, time to hop into my Silver Golf Storm Limited Edition VW and head outta town!

Thread Information