Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Default Physical Abilities...More

It's not rocket science....bring the letter, an ID, a black pen and your completed medical release form from your doctor, take test, go home and wait for next letter!

Lather, rinse and repeat!

Forum Member

So outta those first 500 people who are getting a physical test date, do you think the city is assuming it will take about 500 candidates to get 100 recruits into the academy? Failing physical, failing background, etc..etc.....How many candidates are they going to test per year do you think? I am in the higher'ish 6000's and figure it will be several years before i'm called. When do you guys think? Think they will test 1500 a year or something?

Forum Member

Hey Everyone,

New to this site. Got my letter last week(?) and am scheduled for 1:30 on 12/6. My lotto number is between 0 and 250, and 9 is the last of my SS#. If it's anything like CPD there is no apparent connection between the lotto number and when you're called...

RyBaK477
    Last edited by RyBaK477; 11-26-2007 at 02:42 PM.

Forum Member

What happens after the agility test? I am in the process for CPD and we had the power test, a psych, medical, oral psych, will have a home interview, a Background Interview, a Final Power test and then the Academy. I'm hoping for a CPD academy date sometime in April-June.

What's the process for CFD like?

Thanks,
    RyBaK477

MembersZone Subscriber

Default how many

does anyone know how many letters were sent out for the physical agility by chance... if so are they going out in order like 1-100 and so on... any help is appreciated

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Change

Anyone else get a letter changing the physical test date?

Forum Member

Default Change in Physical Date

Yep, my date was changed from Dec. 8th to Dec. 12th. They also attempted to send me a certified letter today, not sure what that's about. Anyone know why?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fireman22 View Post
    Anyone else get a letter changing the physical test date?
    Did they move you up or push you back? If so how far?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default date change

they moved it back from saturday the 8th to wendsday the 12th. maybe the department could not get enough proctors for the saturday date.

anyone know anything about this military veterans only test they are doing soon? I hope it doesen't effect us veterans that are going through the process right now.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by parker1975 View Post
    Yep, my date was changed from Dec. 8th to Dec. 12th. They also attempted to send me a certified letter today, not sure what that's about. Anyone know why?
    They just want to cover all the bases with getting the message to us. parker where you in the military?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 233wacker View Post
    it's been two weeks since the interest cards were due, and no word back on the physicals. i'm starting to think we can forget about a january class. maybe march is the new january.

Spoke with HR yesterday, they said CFD is planning on a Jan 16th class, 100 recruits. I asked about the background, etc and was told that it is already in the process.

I don't know how much of this info is accurate just sharing what I was told.

RyBaK477

Thumbs up Random Numbers

Hey Sparks.
    All of you guys that have got the letter for continuing the physical.

What are your random numbers?? I'm talking about the random number that you got assign in the first letter.

That will help a lot.

Thanks and good luck.

Forum Member

They just want to cover all the bases with getting the message to us. parker where you in the military?
    nope...no military background....certified letter was the same as the letter sent via regular mail re: change of date;
    I spoke with a friend an 18 yr vet who works at the academy he advises that everyone make sure not to stop peddling when doing the ergometer exercise - keep going until they tell you to stop; he says they've seen lots of people be disqualified for stopping before the 2 minutes is up. I work at a hospital and one of the nurses in the ER is also an EMT - she says the key to all of the tasks is to keep a steady pace - don't over-do it in the beginning and can't finish exercises; she also says they will stop the test if you look like you are going to pass out...another friend that's been with the dept. for quite awhile gives the same basic advise - don't sweat it, it's not too hard...run and and down stairs all day and DO NOT BE LATE! They also say that once this processing starts it'll go pretty fast - they all seem to think a class will begin in Jan. with a second class starting 6 months later when that class graduates - they have seen some pretty big classes too..

Forum Member

Default Academy Training Rumor

I spoke with HR a few days ago and was told that CFD is testing 500 people with the hopes to have 100 to start the academy on Jan 16th. Anyone know anything else?

RyBaK

Forum Member

Default Next Class

Next Class of new hires Jan 08. What exact day still unknown. There is a test coming up for anyone that was active duty at time of last exam. Where they fall in on the random number list is unclear. More information when i get it.

Forum Member

There will be only two classes in 08'. A total of 200 will be hired. One class of 75 and the next of 125. Class on Jan. 16th and April 16Th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    There will be only two classes in 08'. A total of 200 will be hired. One class of 75 and the next of 125. Class on Jan. 16th and April 16Th.
    bugsy do you think that first class is going to be all crossovers. because with the limited amount of time until jan 16, and all the processing left to do for the 06 guys i think its impossible. plus subtract two weeks for the supposedly 2 week notice of intent to hire

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PocFFemt View Post
    bugsy do you think that first class is going to be all crossovers. because with the limited amount of time until jan 16, and all the processing left to do for the 06 guys i think its impossible. plus subtract two weeks for the supposedly 2 week notice of intent to hire
    I agree with the limited time but at the Cheif's meeting in Nov. it was said that there will only be 200 hired in 08' and the target dates of Jan. 16th and April 16th for the two classes of 08'. I asked about all the crossovers rumored owed and I was told that each class will be made up of 10% crossovers. There will be no class of just crossovers. I'll find out more by the end of the week.

they moved it back from saturday the 8th to wendsday the 12th. maybe the department could not get enough proctors for the saturday date.

anyone know anything about this military veterans only test they are doing soon? I hope it doesen't effect us veterans that are going through the process right now.

For all of you that got the letter for the next step. What are the random number that you guys have.. Thanks.

Forum Member

My physical was also moved to the 12th. Is that when everyone elses will be? Also, to be sending out 500 letters and then only hiring 200 people in one year seems odd to me. I honestly don't know anything about the process. But, if that was the case then some people who received the letter would not be given the chance to be hired for another three years or so? New to the site, thanks for the information.

Forum Member

I agree with the limited time but at the Cheif's meeting in Nov. it was said that there will only be 200 hired in 08' and the target dates of Jan. 16th and April 16th for the two classes of 08'. I asked about all the crossovers rumored owed and I was told that each class will be made up of 10% crossovers. There will be no class of just crossovers. I'll find out more by the end of the week.
    Thanks for the updates. Finally able to find other people who received a letter. My physical test was also pushed back to the 12th. So there will be hiring 200 people total? Does the randomly assigned number mean anything once you get the letter, or does it now go by when you get the card in and how well you do on the physical test? Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help and good luck to all of you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    Thanks for the updates. Finally able to find other people who received a letter. My physical test was also pushed back to the 12th. So there will be hiring 200 people total? Does the randomly assigned number mean anything once you get the letter, or does it now go by when you get the card in and how well you do on the physical test? Thanks in advance to anyone who is able to help and good luck to all of you.
    I asked my contact if they were going to hire off of your assigned number or randomly and I was told "by your assigned number". In 08' there will be two classes for a total of 200. The remaining people who received a letter and passed each phase will have to wait until a new class starts in 09'.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 12-05-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Forum Member

I asked my contact if they were going to hire off of your assigned number or randomly and I was told "by your assigned number". In 08' there will be two classes for a total of 200. The remaining people who received a letter and passed each phase will have to wait until a new class starts in 09'.
    Bugsy,
    Thanks for replying. So, it does not matter how you test on the physical exam? I wonder if that is pass/fail. My number is 350ish so I would guess sometime in 2009, assuming I pass everything. What I don't understand is if they hire only two hundred people a year how are they gonna offer then test every five years? At that rate it will take well over ten years to go through the 2006 list and then they will be in the same situation as they are currently. Thanks

Forum Member

How high do you think they will go on the list for processing, before the list is closed out? I'm in the upper 6000's, though you would think thats decent out of the 17,000 I am not sure I will even get called to take the physical if they are only going to call 500 a year to take the physical. Any ideas?

Forum Member

anybody hear how many people are scheduled to take the physical (out of the 500 letters they sent out)?

Thread Information