Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Exclamation weeded out

Quote Originally Posted by Klumpas34 View Post
    my group got weeded out. Out of the 25+ guys im with going to medical with i know there were people with numbers in the 90's
    What do you mean your group got weeded out? Does that mean candidates in your group failed, did not show up, and/or were dismissed for consideration for Firefighter for some other reason? When did you take your medical? What is your number? How many tests were administered at one time? If 25 people show up at 0900, and each test is takes 20 minutes, the 25th candidate will take his/her medical at 1700 (if that candidate is lucky and only one test is given at a time). The Fire department continued processing for approximately 100 candidates out of 600 for fingerprints, pictures, drugs, and the background check. No one with a number above 100 has gone back for further processing. You say of the 25 candidates who showed up some were in the 90's, what happened to the other 75 candidates who have been continuing processing with lower numbers? I do know medicals are currently happening, and those going through medical are crossovers not civilians. So what I'm getting to is either you're full of **** and not a civilian but instead a crossover, or your full of **** not a crossover but instead a civilian posting bull****. Furthermore, if 75 candidates were "weeded out" that means in order to fill a class of 100 recruits, candidates in the 400,s should take their medical, backgroud, prints, pictures, and drug screen over the next two weeks. STOP POSTING BULL****!

Forum Member

Klumpas = that ******bag JoeyT I think he said his number was like 34 or 35. He is not a Medic but rather a civilian, so my guess is hes full of ****

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    What do you mean your group got weeded out? Does that mean candidates in your group failed, did not show up, and/or were dismissed for consideration for Firefighter for some other reason? When did you take your medical? What is your number? How many tests were administered at one time? If 25 people show up at 0900, and each test is takes 20 minutes, the 25th candidate will take his/her medical at 1700 (if that candidate is lucky and only one test is given at a time). The Fire department continued processing for approximately 100 candidates out of 600 for fingerprints, pictures, drugs, and the background check. No one with a number above 100 has gone back for further processing. You say of the 25 candidates who showed up some were in the 90's, what happened to the other 75 candidates who have been continuing processing with lower numbers? I do know medicals are currently happening, and those going through medical are crossovers not civilians. So what I'm getting to is either you're full of **** and not a civilian but instead a crossover, or your full of **** not a crossover but instead a civilian posting bull****. Furthermore, if 75 candidates were "weeded out" that means in order to fill a class of 100 recruits, candidates in the 400,s should take their medical, backgroud, prints, pictures, and drug screen over the next two weeks. STOP POSTING BULL****!
    I dont think klumpas43 is full of bull think about it if only half of the guys who got sent out the cards showed up hypothetically lets say 1-100 and half of that is 50 right and just say half or a lttle more than half of those passed the pat and drug test that would put it right around 25 and the classes are not going to be all crossovers more than half will be civilians so you get what im saying right i think it is more than possible and I really dont think it right to call someone full of bull without knowing them either but thats my opinion. I actually am appreciative for the info so Im not doing things like putting stuff off because I think I might get the call this week when they havent even gotten to the hundreds. I like this forum alot becouse I can almost figure out the time frames and stuff.
    Last edited by adamib; 01-18-2008 at 10:41 PM.

I dont think that many guys would fail, not show, etc, Out of my group I cant see 25 only going thru. I know only 2 guys and one got a conditional letter too. Both passed the PAT and a letter is a matter of time for the other. again, more them 1/4 passed. Anyways, why do crossovers take medicals before us civilians, or do they.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Hey ashtray, sorry to burst your bubble but I am a civilian and I did go to medical. I know others who went so they can back me up on this. Everyone wasn't all done in one day so you don't have to do all that math in your head telling me the last guy went at 5pm. I signed up for the day I went and I'm pretty sure people are scheduled up until next week. Everyone had an option of what day they wanted to go if that time slot was available at that facility. I was also a part of that group that came back the 11th for prints, photos, and hair. You say you went down the 11th so I am baffled why you wouldn't get scheduled for medical. Especially since your number is slightly lower than mine. Hope you can still "make it known who ashtray is". Hopefully it will all work out for you, otherwise you'll have to stand outside on jefferson and taylor and yell it over the fence.
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 01-19-2008 at 02:23 AM.

Forum Member

Default "Tiocfaidh ar La"

Guys,

I've been viewing this thread for awhile and I've been waiting for something worthwhile to post. I am a civilian who took the test in '06, took the PAT on 12/11/07, and received my pass letter on 1/11/08. And like you ever since I've been waiting, and with a number in the mid-400's, I fear I'll be waiting for awhile. Yes, I am extremely frustrated with the process, but I know my day will come. And if you guys keep yourselves in shape and let the process work itself out, your day will come too. Remember, we're all trying to get to the same place, and when we get there, we'll be stuck with each other for a long time, living with each other, watching each others back. Now isn't the time to start hurling names and accusations at each other. Now's the time to get into the habit of helping each other out and looking out for each other. When it comes down to it, the only thing we can rely on is a letter from the City of chicago telling us what's what. So let's keep each other informed as best we can, keep the rumor mill to a minimum, and be happy for the guys who go ahead of us. We'll need their help down the line. Do this, and we'll all be fine, and hopefully someday we'll all see each othe raround the fire house.

Good Luck '06ers!

Forum Member

Hey ashtray, sorry to burst your bubble but I am a civilian and I did go to medical. I know others who went so they can back me up on this. Everyone wasn't all done in one day so you don't have to do all that math in your head telling me the last guy went at 5pm. I signed up for the day I went and I'm pretty sure people are scheduled up until next week. Everyone had an option of what day they wanted to go if that time slot was available at that facility. I was also a part of that group that came back the 11th for prints, photos, and hair. You say you went down the 11th so I am baffled why you wouldn't get scheduled for medical. Especially since your number is slightly lower than mine. Hope you can still "make it known who ashtray is". Hopefully it will all work out for you, otherwise you'll have to stand outside on jefferson and taylor and yell it over the fence.
    Klumpas, what Number are you, range would be fine? Thanks for the info and good luck.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by tmpc2007 View Post
    Klumpas, what Number are you, range would be fine? Thanks for the info and good luck.
    i am under 50

MembersZone Subscriber

what do the medicals consist of? basic ff medical? do they do a fit test for the scba? someone said that it was a 13min run but do you know what speed or how many miles? if you dont wanna mention on here my email is greeneyedmonster132002@yahoo.com feel free to email me thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by adamib View Post
    what do the medicals consist of? basic ff medical? do they do a fit test for the scba? someone said that it was a 13min run but do you know what speed or how many miles? if you dont wanna mention on here my email is greeneyedmonster132002@yahoo.com feel free to email me thanks
    Why are so many of you so hush hush about their numbers? I don't get it - it's all beat around the bush on here, round about answers, when people ask questions why is so difficult to give them direct answers; yes, no? I didn't know the numbers were such a secret, and the info of the process of being hired, medical, physical so grey - no definate answers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    Why are so many of you so hush hush about their numbers? I don't get it - it's all beat around the bush on here, round about answers, when people ask questions why is so difficult to give them direct answers; yes, no? I didn't know the numbers were such a secret, and the info of the process of being hired, medical, physical so grey - no definate answers.
    Probably a 95 guy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default .

"Hey UnitedWeStand the reason", its because of guy like JOEYT that disguise themself with other user names and lie about things that are going on.

No one knows what Chicago is going to do next except for Chicago!

Forum Member

There's a difference between a lie and being secretive. The reason why people are secretive about things is because there's people who come on this site to get info for their lawsuit against the CFD. They are trying to get an injunction on any new hiring. Another reason people are secretive , ie.. screen names, age, assigned # and other things is because they don't want anything to come back and bite them in the ***. I'm not going to post "my name is and my # is XXX and my buddies father in law who is a deputy district chief told me XYZ". It wouldn't take long to find out who I am or who gave me that info.

Also, I have never seen anyone post something pertaining to processing that was a lie (I'm talking about the people that normally post on this board over the past months). I heard in June the first 500 were to get letters any day. It turned out to be the first 500 but four months later. Now if that's the type of stuff your talking about your nitpicking. I also heard that only 200 will be hired this year. It may turn out to be 75, 150 or it may be 300. Things change. There's many things I do know and will never post them on here for many reasons also. Some of us are told things that turn out not to be true but it wasn't like it was some made up story. Most of the stuff I've heard came from my neighbors who are on the CFD and it ended up not being true. I've learned fireman are the worst people for info. So many rumors fly through the firehouse. But I don't think my neighbors on the CFD lied to me, it was something they heard and it just proved not to be true. The crossovers on here probably hear 5 million different things from other medics and fireman and it ends up not being 100% accurate. Believe me, I hate when I post something and it turns out not to be true and I'm sure others do also. As far as what Klumpas34 said, that was true weather some of us like it or not.
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 01-20-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I've learned fireman are the worst people for info. So many rumors fly through the firehouse. But I don't think my neighbors on the CFD lied to me, it was something they heard and it just proved not to be true.
    That is by far the most accurate thing posted here. The department, for whatever reason, is very secretive and rumors abound. It's like that with everything, and there are always rumors. Most info you get is bad - not on purpose - just the nature of the CFD.
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fireman22 View Post
    No one knows what Chicago is going to do next except for Chicago!
    or people getting done with processing

Forum Member

Exclamation Full of Crapola

or people getting done with processing
    There is no one else on this thread who has taken their medical except for crossovers. Plain and simple. Not one person has backed your claim. You are full of crap. Where are all these people you say can verify what your saying or did? Was the test behind curtains or closed doors like the PFT? How many moniters were there with you? Did you get a practice run or instruction before the medical? Did you get to stretch before your medical? I know your reply will not answer any of the questions and I know there is no one who can back you! Someone said "no on knows what's going on except chicago" and you said, "OR PEOPLE GETTING DONE WITH PROCESSING". So the question is, WHAT'S GOING ON! If you took the medical you would have proof. You either need to post paperwork, on this thread, showing you took the medical, or tell the truth and let everybody know you lied and are either a crossover or full of crap!!

MembersZone Subscriber

There is no one else on this thread who has taken their medical except for crossovers. Plain and simple. Not one person has backed your claim. You are full of crap. Where are all these people you say can verify what your saying or did? Was the test behind curtains or closed doors like the PFT? How many moniters were there with you? Did you get a practice run or instruction before the medical? Did you get to stretch before your medical? I know your reply will not answer any of the questions and I know there is no one who can back you! Someone said "no on knows what's going on except chicago" and you said, "OR PEOPLE GETTING DONE WITH PROCESSING". So the question is, WHAT'S GOING ON! If you took the medical you would have proof. You either need to post paperwork, on this thread, showing you took the medical, or tell the truth and let everybody know you lied and are either a crossover or full of crap!!
    yeah you're probably right
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 02-23-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Forum Member

There is no one else on this thread who has taken their medical except for crossovers. Plain and simple. Not one person has backed your claim. You are full of crap. Where are all these people you say can verify what your saying or did?
    Hey ashtray, I was one of those people that got called to sign up for the medical recently. I went for my medical this past monday at a facility in the south east burbs. I was there for about 3 hours. Oh yeah, and I'm a civilian too not a crossover, so before you start running your mouth some more, I'm one of those guys that can back up Klumpas. Like he said, if your number is that low you should be at the same point in the process just like we are.

Forum Member

I think that verifies Klumpas' past posts.

Forum Member

Exclamation I Don't Think So!

Quote Originally Posted by PocFFemt View Post
    Hey ashtray, I was one of those people that got called to sign up for the medical recently. I went for my medical this past monday at a facility in the south east burbs. I was there for about 3 hours. Oh yeah, and I'm a civilian too not a crossover, so before you start running your mouth some more, I'm one of those guys that can back up Klumpas. Like he said, if your number is that low you should be at the same point in the process just like we are.
    Your already full of crap. You took you medical at a "Facility in the south east burbs" (suburbs)? Your full of more crap than Klumpass! The City tests in the city not the south east burbs. The only medical you went through is for mentally challange child abusers. Try again, loser. STOP POSTING BULL****! Again, post a copy of your paperwork for the medical. Everybody knows you get paperwork each visit. Neither of you molesters can post those copies because you guys are full of crap. Nice try and good luck gaining entrance to Blow Job University. P.S. Post your paperwork, if you molesters can't or don't, than the thread will know you are full of crap. Happy New Year and Best Wishes!!!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Your already full of crap. You took you medical at a "Facility in the south east burbs" (suburbs)? Your full of more crap than Klumpass! The City tests in the city not the south east burbs. The only medical you went through is for mentally challange child abusers. Try again, loser. STOP POSTING BULL****! Again, post a copy of your paperwork for the medical. Everybody knows you get paperwork each visit. Neither of you molesters can post those copies because you guys are full of crap. Nice try and good luck gaining entrance to Blow Job University. P.S. Post your paperwork, if you molesters can't or don't, than the thread will know you are full of crap. Happy New Year and Best Wishes!!!!!!
    you're amusing
    Last edited by Klumpas34; 02-23-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Forum Member

Keep thinking these two have nothing better to do than post absurd lies. They will be in the academy and you will be at home pulling your pud as usual.

Forum Member

Default Stop Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy2007 View Post
    I think that verifies Klumpas' past posts.
    Don't think Bugboy2007. Would hate for you to get brain damage by thinking. Until paperwork is posted, everybody is full of crapola. Klumpass hasn't verified any of his past posts. Klumpass has yet to answer any question from myself or other candidates on this thread!!! Answer each question Klumpass and stop side stepping them. Post your receipts from processing Klumpass. If any body belives Klump******* then, your better off putting me in your will and voting for Hellary Clintoris.

Forum Member

Ashtry, you obviously received a letter stating that you passed the PAT I assume. If you didn't receive a letter I would call and find out. If you have the pass letter I would still call and find out why you never were notified about the medical. I know your a total complete DICKHEAD!! but I would hate to see someone get passed over for not showing due diligence.

Your good buddy,

Bugsy
    Last edited by bugsy2007; 01-20-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to put !! after word "Dickhead"

Klumpas34 is correct. I also went to the medical last week. I also received a letter from the CFD that the academy starts this Feb. 19th and need to report to the fire academy on Jan. 31st for final processing. Klumpas34, if you didn't receive anything in the mail you should be getting your letter tomorrow

Thread Information