+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 552 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 11028
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire Exam, March 2006

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anniearchy View Post
    Hi,

I would like to hear from any of the other females who failed the December 2007 PAT w/the CFD. I did, despite being in peak physical condition and performing all of the tasks required.

Annie

Anniearchy@yahoo.com
    Why? Another lawsuit? You failed. So did some other girls. So did some guys. Whats your complaint?
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
    Why do you care, no one else does? Are you scheduled for your sex change during the 25th and 26th week of the academy? I have an idea for you, go complain and ask stupid questions like this at personnel and the academy. don't forget to give them your number and name on the list. And don't forget to give them an attitude and demand an explanation to your question. Your a piece of crap.
    Asstray,

I figured you were off to the academy. What happened studboy? I thought for sure you would be in on the 19th with such a low number.

Naw I'm just kiddin'. All of us know you're another troll that's full of $hit. So why don't you keep your "stupid" comments to yourself.

Good luck finding someone to hire your worthless ash.

RyBaK
    Last edited by RyBaK477; 02-09-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: asstray deserves better...not really

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Anniearchy View Post
    Hi,

I would like to hear from any of the other females who failed the December 2007 PAT w/the CFD. I did, despite being in peak physical condition and performing all of the tasks required.

Annie

Anniearchy@yahoo.com
    tasks required "to the standard", its not easy to pull a 200+ pound person plus 75 pounds on your back and breathing air thru a mask or running hose, its not a job for everyone, even if your in top shape. I think the PAT was just to get some of the academy washouts before they start.

Forum Member

Just got back from a trip to Chicago, from 60 degrees in Jersey this past week to sub zero in Chicago Spoke to a lot of people, the city put on 70 civilians and the cross over medics (as we can wee from the article, i forget the number but it was like 15-30 medics, i forget becuase some were owed from the last class, think the total class was around 90-100) will of course be joining them after the civilians are done with the EMT portion of their training.

From what the rumor is, the city is planing on having overlaping classes..The EMT portion of the academy isn't even at the normal fire academy building so what the rumor is they will have a 3 month overlap and start a new class this summer, sometime around june/july with around the same ammount of people.

Also from what I hear the city is going to have 3 classes in 2008, all having the cross over medic quota of course......A lot of the medics are really gunning for the 3 classes this year, as a lot of them have been medics for YEARS waiting for the next fire department exam to cross over. That said they are pushing to have these classes and get out of the academy becuase the next promotional LT exam is coming up in about a year, they are elibiable to take the exam and will be on the list until they are eligiable to take the promotion. The last LT exam was 10 years ago about so they want to get into the academy, get out, and take the exam so they won't be a max pay firefighter for the next 10 years until the next promotional exam.

Hope that helps

Forum Member

I realize that it is pointless to add rumors to this board, but since there are already several thousand, I'm gonna throw in another. A friend of mine was offered a spot in the feb class. He waived this academy ( already has a city job). This is what he relayed to me that he was told by academy personnel. There are to types of waivers: the first guarentees you a 6 month waiver. You are allowed two of these and then are taken off of the list. The second waives you until the next class (so in theory, if they ran simultaneous classes, the waiver might only buy you a month). You are allowed 3 of these. The person processing him at the academy told him to take the second type since they are not planning another academy for at least six months if at all this year. That way, he will have one extra waiver to use. Again just what a friend told me. Good luck to all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default The 95 Test

I sure hope that this new up roar from the members from the 95 test who had to take a physical and passed and are now fileing yet another lawsuit doesn't impeed on this process now.

I don't know all the case facts wether or not they were promised jobs if they passed the PAT. However if that is the case I think the city as unfortunate as it is for all of us to have to suck it up should just let the guys in the academy.

Just be done with it. In stead of holding this up, ( don't know if its gonna hold anything up ) just sayin. Avoid the headache and let the instructors weed em out if they have to..

Thats there job. To train and retain the best for the job. For there sake and there fellow brothers and to be pc about it there sisters too.

Forum Member

I know it can be frustrating about all these lawssuits and people screwing over the system and we are all tired of it. With all the trolls and people coming on our thread and trying to gather people for another lawsuit is ridiculous.

Can anyone give me a straight answer on how people are getting called and exactly what my number means. I have heard that your number was randomly assiugned and doesn't mean where you placed on the test. Also, that when they call people it isn't starting at nuimber one and going in order. They are picking people at random. I just want to know how people are picked.

Any help is appreciated

Forum Member

Default Academy

Congratulations to everyone who is starting the academy next week. I hope that there are other classes this year or early next year. I am anxious for my chance.

Have we clarified that the 70 starting in feb are civilians, with crossovers joining them in May for a total August graduating class of 100 or so?

Also, does anyone know if the crossovers and civilians are on the same list. If you are number 500, are there 499 civilians ahead of you or a combination of 499 civilians and crossovers ahead of you?

PS.....female PAT failures, don't bother trying to pursue getting your scores. The organization that proctored the test did not give the results to the CFD and are under STRICT contractual guidelines not to release the results. Sorry, my good friend also failed the PAT and she thought she did pretty good...

Forum Member

The 70 or so hired are all civilians plus the cross overs which will join them sometime around may or whenever the civilians get done with EMT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NVetro View Post
    The 70 or so hired are all civilians plus the cross overs which will join them sometime around may or whenever the civilians get done with EMT.
    For what itís worth I also heard they will be doing the academy in three month intervals. I was told that with the 1000 people Eligible to retire they need to be prepared. I was also told that they obviously don't expect more than 30% to retire, but thatís still at least 300 people they would need to hire. They can not guess the percentage but apparently the Comm wants to start getting the 2006 list going at a quicker pace. This seems to make sense to me, but what do I know. I just figured I would share what I heard with you guys. As far as those who did not pass the PAT, that really sucks and I do feel terrible for you. The whole process was just strange.....a little too secretive
    Last edited by tmpc2007; 02-14-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Forum Member

Default Freedom of information act

For those of you who want the results of the PAT might want to check out the Freedom Of Information Act , and see if it applies to your case . If it has your name on it you have a right to see it . Good luck

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by drbarno View Post
    Can anyone give me a straight answer on how people are getting called and exactly what my number means. I have heard that your number was randomly assiugned and doesn't mean where you placed on the test. Also, that when they call people it isn't starting at nuimber one and going in order. They are picking people at random. I just want to know how people are picked.

Any help is appreciated
    Random numbers were assigned based on the last digit of your SSN. 9 was the number picked so numbers started with people who had 09 then 19, 29 and so on. The CFD is going in order and so far the first 490 or so have been called for the PAT. From what I have heard out of that group only the first 150 have been further processed but my number is higher than that so I've only taken the PAT so far.

Forum Member

From what I hear from guys on the job, 2000 firefighters are able to retire between now and 2009.....I was told more then likely only about half of them will over the next year or 2.

Forum Member

Default figured right

Quote Originally Posted by RyBaK477 View Post
    Asstray,

I figured you were off to the academy. What happened studboy? I thought for sure you would be in on the 19th with such a low number.

Naw I'm just kiddin'. All of us know you're another troll that's full of $hit. So why don't you keep your "stupid" comments to yourself.

Good luck finding someone to hire your worthless ash.

RyBaK
    Congratulations!!! Have fun. Enjoy your new life.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFSmitty1 View Post
    I realize that it is pointless to add rumors to this board, but since there are already several thousand, I'm gonna throw in another. A friend of mine was offered a spot in the feb class. He waived this academy ( already has a city job). This is what he relayed to me that he was told by academy personnel. There are to types of waivers: the first guarentees you a 6 month waiver. You are allowed two of these and then are taken off of the list. The second waives you until the next class (so in theory, if they ran simultaneous classes, the waiver might only buy you a month). You are allowed 3 of these. The person processing him at the academy told him to take the second type since they are not planning another academy for at least six months if at all this year. That way, he will have one extra waiver to use. Again just what a friend told me. Good luck to all.

Thanks for this info, does this apply to people without 'city jobs'?

Forum Member

Any word on the 95 guys lawsuit? I think they had a court date Friday.

Forum Member

No win. First class from 2006 exam will begin on Feb 19.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownMedic View Post
    No win. First class from 2006 exam will begin on Feb 19.
    Great news!!!! Good luck to you guys going in the first class.

Forum Member

Are any of the guys who post here in this first class?
    I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Thread Information