Forum Member

Default Flashbacks of Emergency!

So there I was, heading north to teach a class. I had a stop to make along the way and was waiting at the traffic light to make my left hand turn. As I'm sitting there I look across to the truck in the opposing lane at the light to go south. I'm thinking something doesn't seem right about that truck. Finally it registers that the front end is folded up and it's smoking .......... ooooooops. So I look around, where is the vehicle it hit? I look to the left of me and see the other truck pulled off to the side of the road a ways down from the intersection. Buddy was still on his cell making the call and no emergency vehicles in sight. I'm familiar with the area and knew it would be a few minutes before any help arrived due to geography, so when the light turned green I pulled into the adjacent parking lot and got out to assist. Found one pt in the vehicle that had been hit, a lady was already controlling c-spine as the pt was complaining of severe neck and back pain. I introduced myself and got in the vehicle and starting talking to the pt and assessing his injuries. When ambulance got there I was able to give them a full set of info, which is always nice when you pull up onto the scene. Since I was already there and I knew they were going to have to board the pt I indicated to them that I was also ambulance personnel and did they want a hand? The younger one says "sure, just let Roy know that you are with us so he doesn't wonder who you are". I let Roy know and we carry on. We get the pt boarded and on the stretcher and as we are taking him over to the ambulance the younger guy and I were chatting and I found out his name was John. Hehehehehe, so I helped Johnny and Roy on a call !!!!!! I chuckled about that for the remainder of the day.

I was talking to a fellow medic later on in the day and I said " I bet scheduling has a hey day with that, they probably schedule them together all the time" And I'm sure the guys NEVER get the Emergency! reference on shift ....... which is why I never said anything, I'm sure they've heard it all before.
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Forum Member

On a related subject,if you chuckled at a recent Reader's Digest anecdote about two Sheriff's Deputies in Tennessee being assigned as partners because their names were Frank and Beans,I have a couple tie ins to the story.Their Lieutenant and I grew up on the same street and I went to the same high school as"Frank".The last reunion he got ribbed sans Humanite.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PFire23
    So there I was, heading north to teach a class. I had a stop to make along the way and was waiting at the traffic light to make my left hand turn. As I'm sitting there I look across to the truck in the opposing lane at the light to go south. I'm thinking something doesn't seem right about that truck. Finally it registers that the front end is folded up and it's smoking .......... ooooooops. So I look around, where is the vehicle it hit? I look to the left of me and see the other truck pulled off to the side of the road a ways down from the intersection. Buddy was still on his cell making the call and no emergency vehicles in sight. I'm familiar with the area and knew it would be a few minutes before any help arrived due to geography, so when the light turned green I pulled into the adjacent parking lot and got out to assist. Found one pt in the vehicle that had been hit, a lady was already controlling c-spine as the pt was complaining of severe neck and back pain. I introduced myself and got in the vehicle and starting talking to the pt and assessing his injuries. When ambulance got there I was able to give them a full set of info, which is always nice when you pull up onto the scene. Since I was already there and I knew they were going to have to board the pt I indicated to them that I was also ambulance personnel and did they want a hand? The younger one says "sure, just let Roy know that you are with us so he doesn't wonder who you are". I let Roy know and we carry on. We get the pt boarded and on the stretcher and as we are taking him over to the ambulance the younger guy and I were chatting and I found out his name was John. Hehehehehe, so I helped Johnny and Roy on a call !!!!!! I chuckled about that for the remainder of the day.

I was talking to a fellow medic later on in the day and I said " I bet scheduling has a hey day with that, they probably schedule them together all the time" And I'm sure the guys NEVER get the Emergency! reference on shift ....... which is why I never said anything, I'm sure they've heard it all before.
    Way to go, Dixie!
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Thread Information