Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Default Wierd Weather still...

After my post earlier in the summer going on about how our weather is changing in the UK.... it carries on.

For weeks now, they have been saying we are going to pay for the long hot summers we have been having in the past few years in the UK. They are predicting the coldest winter in over 40 years. If we are unlucky we get about 2 or 3 days snow every year, down here in the South East where London is, up North they get it a bit harder.

Well go figure...it has remained fairly mild throughout the autumn. OK, we've had some rain a couple of times each week and it was pretty windy early this week. But today!!!! It was the warmest late october day since 1888.

Today the temperature reached an amazing 21c/70f in the UK, hotter than Mexico City, Los Angeles and Lisbon. I can't believe we are right on top of halloween and I was in a T-Shirt in the park with the kids, out in the garden giving the lawn an unscheduled cut...WOW

Happy Days.... anyone else care to join be for an ice cold Beer in the Garden?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Better knock on wood!!!

I wonder if Wilma will eventually come calling?
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDude
    I can't believe we are right on top of halloween and I was in a T-Shirt in the park with the kids
    Steve, a little warm weather in London and you go running around in nothing but a -t-shirt. Was it at least an LFB t-shirt?

I'll bet you made all the nannies in the park happy that day.

MembersZone Subscriber SteveDude's Avatar

Was it at least an LFB t-shirt?
    Was it hell...I am incognito when off duty...although I often wear a T-Shirt given to me by my Brothers in the US....only yesterday I was out running with one of Ray's E40L35 'Caveman' T's on....
    Steve Dude
    IACOJ member
    www.fireservice.co.uk

London Fire Brigade...."Can Do"

'Irony'... It's a British thing.

I envy you people on the right side of the globe. We are going into summer and it is HOT! I cant stand the heat. What did i do to deserve it?
    Seriously though, is there any way we can pipe cold air down here?
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PattyV
    I envy you people on the right side of the globe. We are going into summer and it is HOT! I cant stand the heat. What did i do to deserve it?
    Seriously though, is there any way we can pipe cold air down here?
    Just come to San Fran Patty. It has been in the low to mid- 60F here most of the summer and should be about that through the weekend. (along with bright blue skies. ) October is the best month to visit the city. Perfect weather, not too many tourists and me. what more could you ask for?

Last edited by superchef; 10-28-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchef
    Just come to San Fran Patty. It has been in the low to mid- 60F here most of the summer and should be about that through the weekend. (along with bright blue skies. ) October is the best month to visit the city. Perfect weather, not too many tourists and me. what more could you ask for?

I get a serious chewing out by one of our rookies who is a native for calling it "Frisco" and not "The City". How do you get away with calling it "San Fran Patty"?
    IAFF

MembersZone Subscriber

That is what happens when you have not had your full quota of caffeine before you start playing in FH.

Just mowed the lawn, it grew an average of 3.5 inches in one week. I think i am going to cry. It only grows quicker as summer gets closer. To make it worse, i live on a mountain with THE BEST soil i have ever seen, and i have a septic system that uses evaporation trenches. So the grass on top of the septic field grows like there is no tomorrow.

I wish i could go on a holiday to San Fransisco, but its kinda outside my budget. Might be going to Malaysia over the Christmas holidays though. Still going to be hot...
    "There are only two things that i know are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And im not so sure about the former."

For all the life of me, i cant see a firefighter going to hell. At least not for very long. We would end up putting out all the fires and annoying the devil too much.

MembersZone Subscriber

We are looking at a few days of stinkers coming up, just after Melbourne Cup Day.
    Busy polishing the stacked tips on the deckgun of I.A.C.O.J. Engine#1

...and before you ask - YES I have done a Bloody SEARCH!

Who are you backing for the race?

MembersZone Subscriber

Didn't put a bet on, but I think that this year was especially true of it being the "Race that stops a Nation". I was in the outer suburbs and saw a pumper going past on a call while the race was on - and they weren't going as fast as normal and were definently listening to the race call.

For those northern hemispherers - every year on the first Tuesday in November we have the Melbourne Cup horse race - it's the biggest sportting event in Australia and a public holiday. Literally damn near everything stops to watch the race - oil rigs, factories, everything - everyone finds a tv somewhere to watch the race. This year was especially special, as Mayke Diva was going for an unprecedented third win in a row - no other horse has ever won three Melbourne Cups, and only four horses have won it twice in it's 145 year history - and she did it, winning by a clear length. It's also one of the biggest horse races in the world, with horses coming from Europe, Japan and the U.S. to try to win the race. The first horse won $3.2 million, so it's a nice earner if you can win it.

I had a small bet on Mr. Celebrity (gambling is legal here for people over 18)
    I was actually in the middle of class when the race was on, so we went off to find ourselves a television but we had to imrovise an aerial

I couldnt believe when Makybe Diva pulled out that far.

MembersZone Subscriber

She certainly went well. Nice of the owners to immediately retire her after the race, rather than get greedy and keep racing her.

And get her poisoned like Farlap was.

yesturday it was 70 degrees here and its november....
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Thread Information