Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MembersZone Subscriber FireCritic's Avatar

Default Gang Initiation, Gang activity including MS13 gang

I heard that the gang MS 13 is spreading throughout the country, much like other gangs. However from what I understand is that these gang members must injure a public safety officer as part of their initiation. This would include Police Officers, Firefighters, and EMT's. If you have any information on this I would appreciate it. I take this information as rumor or myth at this point until I can prove it factual. Thanks for any information.

If indeed this is true, this is a very dangerous threat to our safety and that of our brothers and sisters.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Discussion has been going on over here ....

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ang+Initiation
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default The other thread

Yeah I saw the other thread. It has turned into a joke. Although the headlight thing has been a proven urban legend for years. This topic that I have brought up I had not heard of yet.

Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

hmmmmm maybe it was THIS thread I'm thinking of then ... I know it has been discussed to some extent somewhere LOL.

Either way, have you seen this discussion? Some pretty wild ***** that's for sure!

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...ight=MS13+GANG
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Default Thanks

Ok, that is more like it. I missed it on the search. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireFleitz
    I heard that the gang MS 13 is spreading throughout the country, much like other gangs. However from what I understand is that these gang members must injure a public safety officer as part of their initiation. This would include Police Officers, Firefighters, and EMT's. If you have any information on this I would appreciate it. I take this information as rumor or myth at this point until I can prove it factual. Thanks for any information.

If indeed this is true, this is a very dangerous threat to our safety and that of our brothers and sisters.
    From what I have read this is true - you can "google" ms13 and read about it in more detail.
    Warm Regards,
    Shawn Stoner
    EMT-B

Got to say MYTH. Around here there are almost as many MS-13 members as there are cops and firefighters. Since I do not recall ANY cops or firefighters actully being attacked by MS-13, I would say that if that was true all the gang-bangers around here are just posers who never went through initiation.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

I've heard that in several large cities,including Chcago,there have been instances of gang members getting on the police and fire departments to help their respective gangs and there would be problems when opposing gang members would be on the same shift and at roll calls.
    Anyone have more about that?

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson
    I've heard that in several large cities,including Chcago,there have been instances of gang members getting on the police and fire departments to help their respective gangs and there would be problems when opposing gang members would be on the same shift and at roll calls.
    Anyone have more about that?
    I just want to know how many gang bangers have clean enough crimminal records to be able to pull this off? They would have to essentailly drop out of the gang for a few years to "clean up", do you think that they have that sort of disapline to pull off installing "sleeper agents"?
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Could be brand new members that haven't been arrested yet.Like I said,it's something I've only"heard of".Might be something for Jamie and Adam to look into on Discovery Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace
    I just want to know how many gang bangers have clean enough crimminal records to be able to pull this off? They would have to essentailly drop out of the gang for a few years to "clean up", do you think that they have that sort of disapline to pull off installing "sleeper agents"?

Our first due area is a veritable hotbed of gang related activity. In just one of our housing areas we have, the Latin Kings, the Bloods, the Crips, SUR 13, Nuestro 13, and the bikers called the Pagans. Delaware seems to be a perfect location for these knuckleheads because of it's location in the northeast corridor. With the increase of the Mexical population these gangs are fouurishing and can hop on and off I-95 perpetuating the drug trade in Wilmington to an art. We see tagging alot but I have never seen any indication that these MS 13 characters are here yet. I will be sure to keep an eye out for them . THanks for the heads up.
    Never trust a smiling dog.
    The uniform you're given is free, but it comes with a history. Do the right thing when you're in it.
    PTB, EGH, FTM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not a big city problem. This story deals with two small, blue-collar towns in the hills of North Jersey. Awareness of this problem is one key to fire fighter safety.
    11/19/05 - Posted from the Daily Record newsroom
    Cops arrest 10 reputed Mexican gang members
    Men robbed, assaulted day laborers in Butler, Bloomingdale, they say

BY PEGGY WRIGHT
    DAILY RECORD

Ten reputed members of the Mexican gang Sureno 13 -- suspected of robbing and assaulting day laborers and immigrants -- were arrested in early morning raids at four residences in Butler and Bloomingdale, authorities said on Friday.

The men, mostly in their 20s and some related to each other, were brought to the Hudson County Jail following the raids between 5 and 7 a.m. Thursday, authorities said. None had proof of being in the United States legally, and they are being held on immigration violations and face deportation to Mexico, said Thomas Manifase, acting special agent in charge of the Newark office of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Authorities launched an investigation after getting tips that the men allegedly were street gang members who were brutalizing immigrants who were not likely to report a crime because of their own perhaps-illegal status. Federal agents --working with police in Butler, Bloomingdale, and representatives of the Morris and Passaic county prosecutors' and sheriffs' offices -- descended on four homes on Thursday and arrested 10 men without incident or violence, Manifase said.

Two raided homes were on Main Street in Bloomingdale and two were on Keil Avenue in Butler, he said.

Manifase said the men are entitled to immigration hearings to try to fight deportation but would not be released before then.

Forum Member

Well,if we are at a call and the Chief starts hollering"Get my sock",he's not asking someone to get his laundry out of the dryer.That's where he carries his"little friend" down in his console's lockbox.

Got to say MYTH. Around here there are almost as many MS-13 members as there are cops and firefighters. Since I do not recall ANY cops or firefighters actully being attacked by MS-13, I would say that if that was true all the gang-bangers around here are just posers who never went through initiation.
    The information regarding the bounty I mentioned on the second thread pasted here is not a myth. It has been verified.

FireFleitz
    You can read my posts in the thread pasted. We've got quite a bit of experience with this gang. We had a recent incident where we responded to a "smoke in the area". Upon arrival we found nothing except several suspicious persons in the area that seemed to be waiting for us. We didn;t even slow down. We left the area and called PD. When PD arrived they scattered like roaches...none apprehended. We have become very suspicious with those type calls in isolated areas (especially controlled by a certain few gangs) at night.

Default Information

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the update. We did not experience anything locally. Hopefully we will not. Stay safe Brothers.

Forum Member

Kinda gives a new perspective on "Hey Chief. I think we need to use the deck gun for this one."

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBY14B
    The information regarding the bounty I mentioned on the second thread pasted here is not a myth. It has been verified.
    Verified where? It is a myth, the gangs might be evil, but they are not dumb. They know to do such a thing would get them in much hotter water than they are already in. It is a myth that scares folks and gets the roaks off for the jerks who make up the BS.
    -Big Russ

Forum Member

It has already been stated, but I will reiterate two words...

URBAN LEGEND

Verified where? It is a myth, the gangs might be evil, but they are not dumb. They know to do such a thing would get them in much hotter water than they are already in. It is a myth that scares folks and gets the roaks off for the jerks who make up the BS.
    Ok, whatever. I'll be sure to let our PD's gang task force give you a call for the next inservice...let you teach it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOBY14B
    Ok, whatever. I'll be sure to let our PD's gang task force give you a call for the next inservice...let you teach it.
    It was our gang task force that had it on their list of myths. And we have rampent troubles with MS13 in our metro area.
    -Big Russ

Thread Information